Servicing costs?

alFR

Reaction score
Have been looking online for servicing costs for the interim and main services for A4s under 3yrs old, but I can't find any listed anywhere. There are plenty of lists of fixed prices for cars over 3yo, but nothing for newer ones. Short of ringing a few dealers up and pretending to already have a car I want to book in, anyone got any ideas how I can find out some ballpark prices? I want to work out the likely costs for servicing over 3yrs to see if some sort of service plan / Audi Complete is worth it.

My dealership told me there are no servicing plans available for the A4 and the Audi website only lists servicing plans for the A1 and R8.

Those are the only model-specific plans, yes. However, they are definitely still doing Audi Complete (it's on the dealer's and Audi's website), which is available for all models and can cover either servicing only, servicing and maintenance or servicing, maintenance and tyres so I think that probably qualifies as a service plan...

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
I am having servicing, maintenance and tyres on my PCH for an extra £10 a month, based on 2 years, 10k a year, on 3.0 TDI Quattro, although not sure the model makes a difference?

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
@Krusovice So what does all that cover exactly? I will go back to my dealership again and argue then because they defo told me there is no servicing plan available and the tyre plan alone was £500!

@Krusovice So what does all that cover exactly? I will go back to my dealership again and argue then because they defo told me there is no servicing plan available and the tyre plan alone was £500!
That includes servicing, maintenance and tyres.
I was told it is a fully inclusive package that includes wear and tear items such as brakes, wiper blades etc.
The only info on the contact, is as below...

Car

Cheers, same dealer as me. Will enquire!

Yeah ive got the same deal as Krusovice. Mine too is a lease. exactly the same for £10 a month extra

Just added it to mine now, £195 for two years so just over £8 a month. Seems a good deal as I'll have to service it once and may need front tyres too. Thanks for sharing the info on here, hadn't thought about adding it before.

Just added it to mine now, £195 for two years so just over £8 a month. Seems a good deal as I'll have to service it once and may need front tyres too. Thanks for sharing the info on here, hadn't thought about adding it before.
Great, glad the info helped, when I first inquired it was £9 without tyres as the dealer said I wouldn't need tyres in 20k, for me it was a no brainer for an extra quid - esp with 3.0 and my driving style! :whistle2:

Guys just be aware that some service, maintenance and tyre plans don't include cover for accidental tyre damage, eg. A non-repairable puncture. I had a VW plan when my current car was new, and got annoyed when I was paying out each month for the plan, and then got a puncture and had to fork out for a new tyre myself!
VW had / have a tyre contract with National Tyres / Autocentres, and they were super strict on changing tyres only when the tread depth was down to 2mm minimum, sometimes even lower. Despite all of National's literature and advertising recommending that you should ideally change tyres at minimum 3mm. Food for thought?

Guys just be aware that some service, maintenance and tyre plans don't include cover for accidental tyre damage, eg. A non-repairable puncture. I had a VW plan when my current car was new, and got annoyed when I was paying out each month for the plan, and then got a puncture and had to fork out for a new tyre myself!
VW had / have a tyre contract with National Tyres / Autocentres, and they were super strict on changing tyres only when the tread depth was down to 2mm minimum, sometimes even lower. Despite all of National's literature and advertising recommending that you should ideally change tyres at minimum 3mm. Food for thought?
Yes, you are correct, accidental damage and punctures are not covered, just general wear.
My dealer did point this out, it is not an insurance policy! ;-)

Yeah I was aware of that too... Can't blame them to be fair

I tried it with Audi today and they said that there are the tyre packages but definitely NOT servicing plans for the A4!! Strange that! I don't know how some people have it when Audi and their website are saying the same!

How are you purchasing the car Scottish? It seems that the maintenance packages are only on contract hire rather than PCP or anything else. I could be wrong though.... Wouldn't be the first time :blush:

Yeah I would think so mate. Not sure why it makes a difference though or why they won't offer it on PCP

Definitely still available on PCP sales. I have a Service, Maintenance and Tyres plan on my B9 A4 (ordered end of Feb, was delivered last week), which is on a 4 year, 20K per year PCP.

I was never offered this, but if £10 a month, then for tires alone this is a good deal. I have had my B9 6 weeks on a 4 year 10k PCP. Wondering if too late to add. I was never offered at point of sale. In fact was not hard sold any addons! Not even GAP which I got from ALA.

Yeah I ordered mine end of Feb as well but the dealership told me there is no servicing plan for the B9 and even the Audi website mirrors that! I questioned the dealership again about it after the posts on here and they tried inputting it into their Audi computer and, yup, again none are available for the B9 on PCP, only tyres and alloys.

Are your PCH direct with the Audi dealership? How do you get the quotes, is it a go in and ask option only? I currently have a PCP but don't count on any equity at the end, PCH may be right for me as at least I'd know exactly what the car will cost and what I'll have to find upfront for the next one.

Yeah I ordered mine end of Feb as well but the dealership told me there is no servicing plan for the B9 and even the Audi website mirrors that! I questioned the dealership again about it after the posts on here and they tried inputting it into their Audi computer and, yup, again none are available for the B9 on PCP, only tyres and alloys.

On the website here it refers to 2 types of plan, Audi Complete and the model-specific plans for the A1 and A8. On the Audi Complete page here it doesn't say anything about it only being available to PCH customers, just that it is for new retail sales only. My dealer said there was a service plan available, although I haven't got any costs from them as yet because he said they could only quote me nearer delivery. I assumed it was Audi Complete he was referring to, although I guess it may be a plan the dealership is running themselves - seems unlikely though as it looks like A1EX8 has the Audi Complete plan, so if that's available I can't see why they would run their own.

Anyway, to kind of get back on topic, does anyone know how I can find out rough costs for interim/oil change and major services for a new A4 without ringing some dealers pretending to want to book a car in?

Yeah it's the Audi Complete Plan I was looking for.

I also remember when I was signing all the paperwork when I ordered the car, that the only things that were offered were the tyres and alloy plans and the GAP Insurance. I have always been keen to get a servicing plan due to noticing other manufacturers advertising their servicing plans widely on new cars, but Audi don't! I find it weird.

For the people that have been offered the complete plans for only £10 a month extra, it's a no brainer. But for me being on PCP, it's just not available!

Now the only things I can think of are:

• The dealership is lying to me. (Which I find hard to believe as they have tried to fleece extra money out of me at every turn!)

• Those that are on PCP and have the complete plans already, have been mis-sold them or it's a dealer only thing. (Very much doubt it!)

• That there is a glitch in the Audi computer system and its not offering the complete plan in PCP deals at the moment (mind you this would need to have also happened when I ordered the car in Feb as well!)

But all the sales staff and business manager have told me; before I ordered the car, when I ordered the car, and at the current time, that there are no complete plans that include servicing for the B9! And they have sold ALOT of B9's!!!

Last edited:
Obviously not sure what the explanation is for your particular circumstances (suspect human error might be to blame here, or simply a misunderstanding of your request) but I've just had the paperwork confirmations through from Audi. Audi complete administered by Audi Financial Services. Can go to any main Audi dealer nationally so not dealer or group specific, and I am definitely on a PCP.

If there was an error in offering then I doubt they would have fully processed. All letters have full car details (make, model, VIN etc

I'd be going back and asking specifically for Audi Complete if that's how you want to go because it is available should you want it.

No absolutely. It must be a fault with their system! I will definitely be showing them this post.

@A1EX8 How much are you paying for the plan per month? Is it £10 per month as well?

I will phone Audi UK on Monday and see if I can get it sorted out that way.

Thank you all for making me aware of this!

No, for Maintainance, Service and Tyres, over 4 years, 80,000 miles it's £80 pcm. i generally use a full set of tyres a year which helped make the desicion.

It can't be the same package. considering that I'll need at least 4 full sets of tyres, 4 services as well as brake pads, disks (plus some of the work for the major services), I can't see how that can work out to £10 per month - if it does, I'll be straight back onto them :)

Engine size, drive train, mileage, PCP term - all contribute to overall monthly cost calculation.

I'm paying 10 a month... But...

I'm only on a 2 year lease 10k miles a year. so max I'll need a couple of tyres and 1 service.

So it finally turns out there has been a glitch in the Audi system and you CAN get the Audi Complete on PCP.

On a 2.0 TDi 190 on 48 months PCP it works out as follows (per month):

Service and Maintenance Plan £35.65
Service, Maintenance and Tyres Plan £48.90

I'm planning on changing the car at the 2/2.5 year point, so taking into account it will only require 1-2 services (depending on mileage) and possibly 1 set of front tyres, it's definitely not worth it!

Reactions: scotty76