Service Schedule

A3Kent

Reaction score
I've had a quick look and couldn't find what I was looking for on here.

Obviously now the A3/S3 doesn't come with a service book, it's now all digital.

I used to use the front part of the Service Book in my A3 8P to see what work was needed at what age/mileage. i.e It would tell you that the air filter should be changed at X amount of miles or every X years. Same for pollen filters, cam belt etc. etc.

Where can I get this information now for the 8V?

I have the same 184 diesel sportback as you and I purchased mine in April 2014 and it came with an Audi Service Schedule book in the wallet with the Owner's Manual. This just gives details of what should be done when and does not have any provision for the old dealer stamps. It describes the new Digital Service Schedule and how it works but it also has what it included in a 'normal' service and also what it calls Additional Work.

In the Additional Work sections it gives details of the mileage for things the A3/S3 like:
Replacing the air filter - 90,000km (57,000 miles)
Replacing the fuel filter (all TDI engines) - 90,000km (57,000 miles)
Replacing dust and pollen filter - 30,000km (19,000 miles/2 years)
Changing the oil and replacing oil filter in S-tronic gearbox - 60,00km (38,000 miles)
Changing brake fluid - all models - 2 years
Checking DPF - 210,000km (133,000 miles)
Replacing toothed bel - 2.0TDI - 210,00km (133,000 miles)

This documents is dated 11.2013 and has a part number of: 142.563.8S2.20 and it has a copy of the Vehicle data print in the front cover giving the VIN number, model type, engine and gearbox codes, pain to and optional equipment fitted. Perhaps it would be worth asking your dealer for a copy.

Reactions: veeeight
Thanks for this. Maybe I've missed it amongst all the other stuff I got when I got the car. I'll have a look later.

Any idea why the toothed belt (cam belt) is 133,000 miles when on the 8P it was every 5 years or 70000 miles?

The 8P service book had a similar mileage (133K) for the cam belt but this came down to the 5 years or 70K on all Audi cars I thought. Maybe it'll come down on the 8V :frown:

I've no idea and as I have never had any of my Audi's for that sort of mileage or age it's never really bothered me.

Same as @h5djr - there's still a service book, just doesn't get stamped.
Depending on the mileage you will be doing, the car needs to be set by the dealer to the correct schedule.

Ah! but I've got the service book to look it up when I need to!!

Reactions: veeeight
How long does it normally take for your service digital "stamp" to appear in my.audi.com ?

Had my car in for inspection service on Monday (now Friday) and still no sign of in. TBH - I dont really have a clue what I've paid £171.60 for!

Didn't even get a visual inspection report ..

How long does it normally take for your service digital "stamp" to appear in my.audi.com ?

Had my car in for inspection service on Monday (now Friday) and still no sign of in. TBH - I dont really have a clue what I've paid £171.60 for!

Didn't even get a visual inspection report ..

Mine came up as Inspection Due but as changing the car on the 1st March I haven't had it done, but I did ask my mate whose a Master Tech @ Audi and he said basically it involves checking Tyres, Brakes etc and having a quick look over it making sure everything is as it should be (good idea I suppose)

Will then advise if anything needs changing - On mine I have 4500 miles to go til next oil change and pollen filter is 20K so as currently on approx. 17K they would advise to change pollen when oil change is due - Air filters are about 40k now and brake fluid is 3 years from new.

So basically £180 for not a lot really other than peace of mind

You should have received a printout to put in the back of your service schedule book though

Info is in the user handbook. When it goes in they will give you a print out of the service being carried out and you can then pop it in the back of the booklet. Had this twice now, but had to chase the dealer up the 2nd time as they never printed one out.

Hope this helps.