Service Schedule

monkeyboy_marcus

Reaction score
Anyone know roughly what the service schedule is likely to be for the RS3 post 20k miles? It has had the oil service at 10k and inspection service at about 19k but Audi Coulsdon have damaged/stained the window/door trim due to their "valeting" for the second time in a row and this time I have some credit that I can either redeem via external co. correction/detailing or (I presume) servicing when the time comes…

It's all detailed in the Audi Service Schedule booklet, see pages #7 to #12.

Bluey is on the Audi Longlife Service, so that for me is every 12-months irrespective of miles. You'll need to determine what your car is on and then you'll be able to see the Service work required at: a) 19,000 miles/2-years, and then at b) 38,000 miles/4-years, plus c) any Additional work from the following chart, spark plugs for the RS3 for example are at 19,000 miles/6-years.

PM me if you don't have a copy of the Audi Service Schedule and I'll make a copy for you, alternatively, ask Coulsdon Audi for a replacement copy with your own vehicle (VIN) data on the inside of the front cover.

However, I guess "damaged/stained the window/door trim due to their 'valeting'" will NOT be included.

One thing I'm firmly convinced of, however, is that while I'm appreciative of Stafford Audi's offer to 'valet' my car I ALWAYS decline the offer.
:no:

Reactions: monkeyboy_marcus
Never let them clean your car....

Reactions: 8PARSY and monkeyboy_marcus
I'm looking to buy a 2nd hand 8P RS3, my previous S-tronic (or DSG as it was then) box needed servicing/oil change every 40k is this true of the latest boxes, too? I'm also assuming the RS3 is belt as opposed to chain driven, if so, is it similar to the S3 in that the water pump/belt are changed at roughly 60k?

Going to look at a couple on Saturday - it'd be good to be armed with the knowledge :)

Did this for my benefit so as to maintain Service Schedule without going to an Audi Dealer who just never seem to do it right! Hope this helps:

AUDI RS3 EVERY 12-MONTHS/9000-miles:

Change Engine Oil and Oil Filter

AUDI RS3 EVERY 19000-miles/2-YEARS:

Change Brake Fluid

Change Dust and Pollen Filter

Service Air Conditioning unit

Check Front and Rear Lamps

Check Horn

Check Windscreen Wiper and Wash System

Check Wiper Blades

Check Headlamp Wash

Check Tyre Tread Depth/Wear

Check Tyre Pressure Check and Adjust

Check Tyre Repair Canister Date Expiry

Check Brake Pad Thickness

Check and Clean Plenum Chamber and Water Drain Valve

Check Battery

Check Track-rods, Track Control Links, Ball Joints, Guide Bearings, Drive-shafts

Inspect from Below Engine and Gearbox and Drive Component

Inspect Body for Corrosion etc

Re-set Service Interval Display

AUDI RS3 EVERY 38000-miles/4-YEARS: ALL 2-YEAR stuff PLUS:

Change Haldex Coupling Oil

Check Warning and Indicator Lamps

Check Brake System for Leaks and Damage

Check Under-body for Loose Fasteners and/or Wiring and/or Damage

Check Antifreeze Level and Concentration

Check Hydraulic Fluid Level

AUDI RS3 ADDITIONAL WORK:

@ 19000-miles/6-Years: Spark Plug(s)

@ 38000-miles: Air Filter

@ 60000-miles: S-tronic Gearbox Oil change

PS: go buy that second hand Audi 8P RS3; just make sure it hasn't been modified and or the previous owner provides ALL of the original parts; secondary catalytic converters for example - previous owner of one sold recently hasn't owned up as yet, funny!

Reactions: Hellz
Thanks mate - very much appreciated :)

Reactions: 45bvtc
No worries, Heliz; go get that RS3: for me the most incredible all-year round motor car; drove one as a 68-year old, found and purchased one 3-days later; and it'll still be mine in 6-years time: planned on a 10-year ownership and '0' regrets

RS3 Sales Capture

What's not to like?

Couldn't see where John had answered your question
The RS3 is timing chain so no belt to worry about.
Just make sure it's been serviced and had the oil changed regularly.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Sorry to hijack this thread but it brings up some questions I have been meaning to ask.

I have had mine from new in October 2012, it now has 17,500 miles on it. I have had it serviced every time it has asked for one on the dash, is this the right way to go about it? It's now telling me that it wants its oil changing in 24 days or 2500 miles. What sort of service am I asking Audi for when I call them? I'd rather know in advance rather than have the receptionist tell me that it will be £500!!

Should also add that I will only have the car for the next month max while I wait for my 8V to be delivered!

Sorry to hijack this thread but it brings up some questions I have been meaning to ask.

I have had mine from new in October 2012, it now has 17,500 miles on it. I have had it serviced every time it has asked for one on the dash, is this the right way to go about it? It's now telling me that it wants its oil changing in 24 days or 2500 miles. What sort of service am I asking Audi for when I call them? I'd rather know in advance rather than have the receptionist tell me that it will be £500!!

As #5 above, Tom :hi:; I'm sure the 8V will be no different

Reactions: RYes3
Couldn't see where John had answered your question
The RS3 is timing chain so no belt to worry about.
Just make sure it's been serviced and had the oil changed regularly.

Marshy is correct ( Hi Kev :hi:) the 2.5 litre 5-pot RS3/TTRS engine has chain driven camshafts (UK nearside as installed) like so:

DSC 8293 zpsbtc1cvvm

But don't forget this Serpentine belt at the other end (UK offside as installed) of the motor driving the auxiliaries:

DSC 8292 zpshpumo2jz

Last edited:
Reactions: Marshy
Thanks John, Audi want £309 just to change the oil!

My 4th Long Life service last September to include oil and filter; pollen filter, and air conditioning, Tom, was £351 at Stafford Audi

Reactions: RYes3