Service Schedule (wrong in app)

bigtasty

Reaction score
My car is approaching a year old (crikey!) and was looking at booking it in for it's first service. (No, I didn't get the oil changed after the run in period...) I checked the app which seems to suggest that it doesn't need its first oil change until December which would mean I would have had the car for 20 months without a service. This really didn't seem right for a performance car - and a quick phone call to my local Audi centre confirmed that the app is wrong and I should stick to the yearly service schedule.

Anyone else noticed this on their app? No idea how it has come up with the suggested oil change date. (The inspection service date is correct) :huh:

Unnamed

Mine is actually correct.

Inspection March 24.

Oil change due in 2300Mi/March 2023.

My car is approaching a year old (crikey!) and was looking at booking it in for it's first service. (No, I didn't get the oil changed after the run in period...) I checked the app which seems to suggest that it doesn't need its first oil change until December which would mean I would have had the car for 20 months without a service. This really didn't seem right for a performance car - and a quick phone call to my local Audi centre confirmed that the app is wrong and I should stick to the yearly service schedule.

Anyone else noticed this on their app? No idea how it has come up with the suggested oil change date. (The inspection service date is correct) :huh:

View attachment 263741

I’m similar.

It’s long life servicing I bet as mines the same in the MMI.

Not too fussed myself as miles are still low and it’s already had 1 oil change at 3k

It’ll go into Audi in May as the schedule says on my MMI…….. if it’s not been sold by then that is.
1fc3e85c6265046fb644d471412d93fe.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine set for 2 years which I know is wrong. It will be going in at 12 months old. As for the app itself…….it has many issues. Very poor.

Reactions: bigtasty
Thanks all for checking. I think even if the service interval is meant to be longer than 12 months I’ll still get it serviced now anyway!

The 8V could be set either way, 12 months or 2 years long-life. I would guess the 8Y is no different.

IMHO it is lunacy to have oil in an RS3 for 2 years but that is how Audi sell cars and it won't affect them anyway other than sell more engines/parts. Just like 'sealed for life' gear and transfer boxes

I think they are set to Long Life from factory unless you say otherwise. My 8V was. First thing I did was change the oil and then again at year 2 (6 months later)

Reactions: bigtasty
The 8V could be set either way, 12 months or 2 years long-life. I would guess the 8Y is no different.

IMHO it is lunacy to have oil in an RS3 for 2 years but that is how Audi sell cars and it won't affect them anyway other than sell more engines/parts. Just like 'sealed for life' gear and transfer boxes

I think they are set to Long Life from factory unless you say otherwise. My 8V was. First thing I did was change the oil and then again at year 2 (6 months later)

It’s the worst idea from Audi.

You then have people that can barely afford these cars running them on little to no maintenance, because they’d sooner buy go faster things to stick on .

I over serviced my 8V, but I think that’s the way to be owning any car.

There’s a thread on one of the groups asking what peoples PCP deals are, but potential owners need to take into consideration Insurance / Tax/ Fuel / maintenance etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin

Mine has defaulted to 1 year / 9,000 mile servicing. Not sure why that's different than others because I'm sure that they won't put different oil in them from factory.

Mine has defaulted to 1 year / 9,000 mile servicing. Not sure why that's different than others because I'm sure that they won't put different oil in them from factory.
Might have been done by the dealer during PDI? maybe one with common sense and looking to get the dealership yearly services! Not sure but you may be able to see last time it was changed.

Reactions: Daggerit
Might have been done by the dealer during PDI? maybe one with common sense and looking to get the dealership yearly services! Not sure but you may be able to see last time it was changed.
You're probably right, just seems strange that they can just choose either or rather than there being a standard for it. If the oil will properly last for 2 years/18k miles then why change at 1 year/9k miles? And if it actually only lasts 1year/9k miles then the engine getting serviced half as much might be trashed. Seems a strange system (although I'd probably get it done every year or 10k miles regardless...).

You're probably right, just seems strange that they can just choose either or rather than there being a standard for it. If the oil will properly last for 2 years/18k miles then why change at 1 year/9k miles? And if it actually only lasts 1year/9k miles then the engine getting serviced half as much might be trashed. Seems a strange system (although I'd probably get it done every year or 10k miles regardless...).
Technically, yes there were different oils, longlife oil for the 2 year intervals. I would imagine that is what it is filled with at the factory. Being thinner than usual, I don't like it anyway no matter how long it is in there for.

IMHO no oil lasts 2 years, longlife or not. Just a marketing excercise to sell new cars that they can get away with until it is out of any Audi cover.

Reactions: Daggerit
Mine is in tomorrow, in fact, it even booked itself in which I wasn't expecting. 1 year for oil (5500 miles) and 2 recalls apparently. I am sure my BM's adapted servicing to driving style....... presumably Audi's don't do the same.

My App still says this as does the cars MMI, yet Audi sending TxT asking me to book the car in........ (car 1 year old in March)
Service