Service Record - Gearbox Service

quattrorally

Reaction score
Had my 38k gearbox service done by an audi main dealer a couple of months ago.

it's not showing up in my online service record that I requested from Audi.

they say it's an "additional item" and it doesn't show on the service record.

anyone heard of this before?

Car: Audi S3 2016 PFL

Reactions: pburv
'additional item'
possibly means

no code for haldex oil change ….therefore we can't add it on to the records !
Useless !

'additional item'
possibly means

no code for haldex oil change ….therefore we can't add it on to the records !
Useless !

Just for the sake of clarity, I said gearbox oil, not haldex oil :)

but, I get what you mean.

would be good to know if anyone else has had the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had my 38k gearbox service done by an audi main dealer a couple of months ago.

it's not showing up in my online service record that I requested from Audi.

they say it's an "additional item" and it doesn't show on the service record.

anyone heard of this before?

Car: Audi S3 2016 PFL
Try asking them for a proper service booklet for your own records....Don't ask don't get..haha

If you have paid for it you want it recorded and a receipt for it. If they cannot provide these you want your money back.

Colin

Last edited:
Reactions: KenL
I've got an Audi invoice which just states gear "Carry out DSG/S-Tronic transmission fluid change"..

i just want to know if this service should show up on the digital service record?

Had mine done at an indie who has access to online service history and my app shows as an inspection and when expanded shows gearbox oil under additional services performed so I don't see why Audi can't do the same.

Had mine done at an indie who has access to online service history and my app shows as an inspection and when expanded shows gearbox oil under additional services performed so I don't see why Audi can't do the same.

any chance you can send me a screenshot @Tictap ?

can you also confirm if it is listed as "inspection" or "inspection with oil change" as the title?

it would help me push Audi UK to get it sorted.

Bit off topic I'm due a dsg oil change what do audi charge ..thanks

4e2c810ebf9901c5033eab78e791f3e7.jpg

Audi basically saying that because it wasn't done alongside an "inspection" or "oil" service that it's an additional item and therefore not logged.

Stupid system.

I can see my s-Tronic oil on the online service record from the printout that the Audi dealer gave me. It has all the services carried out listed on there.

I can see my s-Tronic oil on the online service record from the printout that the Audi dealer gave me. It has all the services carried out listed on there.

was it done as an additional item along with a inspection or oil change service?

When I bought my car I was shown receipts of S Tronic gearbox oil, Haldex oil & brake fluid change that was done like yours after the schedule inspection and service last year. Luckily I asked for a copy with previous owner name removed as when I just got a service carried out recently the above items was not on my print out OR on their system as it was done at another Audi dealer.

got a screenshot?

Here you go. Interestingly the heading is “Additional work” though no other work was carried out along side this.

Attachments

• 6412D0CB-03BC-423B-BEBB-9D03BD3AC4B5.jpeg
    6412D0CB-03BC-423B-BEBB-9D03BD3AC4B5.jpeg
    240.1 KB · Views: 230
Here you go. Interestingly the heading is “Additional work” though no other work was carried out along side this.

thanks. have sent this to Audi Twitter and my dealer. let's see what they respond with.

Just had my third service done on my FL S3 @ 32K miles, it says the Gearbox oil change isn't due until 76K miles.

Has this changed on the FL cars.

038589aca6f16acffe0527c36b5bcb7d.jpg

Useless response from Audi when I show them it should have been added under "Additional Items" as per your screenshot.

anyone got contact info for someone I can escalate this to?

038589aca6f16acffe0527c36b5bcb7d.jpg

Useless response from Audi when I show them it should have been added under "Additional Items" as per your screenshot.

anyone got contact info for someone I can escalate this to?

For what it’s worth I’d just forget about it and move on. As long as you know it’s been done, any future buyers can make enquiries with Audi directly, who can confirm from VMS it’s been done. Have you not got the paper printout?

Life’s too short to waste on going around town n circles with Audi.

For what it’s worth I’d just forget about it and move on. As long as you know it’s been done, any future buyers can make enquiries with Audi directly, who can confirm from VMS it’s been done. Have you not got the paper printout?

Life’s too short to waste on going around town n circles with Audi.

Just annoys me when they fob you off and don't admit to a mistake.

but you're right...not worth the headache.

Managed to get contact details of the Service Manager for a seperate issue and asked him about the gearbox service not being on the service record.

He emailed back saying he'd get it added and it should be there within the next 10 days. Not sure what the other guy i spoke to was on about. in any case, hopefully sorted in 10 days time.

Still not sorted.

first they said additional items cannot be logged unless they are carried out alongside an oil or inspection service.

then they said they could be added and that they've now added them and to wait 10 days.

then they said there was a problem in the system preventing them from being processed.

and now audi uk customer service have gone back to their original line of "additional items cannot be logged unless they are carried out alongside an oil or inspection service."

@DJAlix anyway you can help me refute these claims?

Still not sorted.

first they said additional items cannot be logged unless they are carried out alongside an oil or inspection service.

then they said they could be added and that they've now added them and to wait 10 days.

then they said there was a problem in the system preventing them from being processed.

and now audi uk customer service have gone back to their original line of "additional items cannot be logged unless they are carried out alongside an oil or inspection service."

@DJAlix anyway you can help me refute these claims?
They are talking BS as per normal. The record / entry can be made at any time, hell I could make it for you, and would be entered using "additional works" as the "type of service".

*if I was to complete the entry for you I would take over liability for the works so this is a service I don't offer.

They are talking BS as per normal. The record / entry can be made at any time, hell I could make it for you, and would be entered using "additional works" as the "type of service".

*if I was to complete the entry for you I would take over liability for the works so this is a service I don't offer.

@DJAlix thank you.

does the apply to the digital service record and the paper service record?

@BrummieLad can you check your pms mate? would really appreciate it if you could send me a screenshot from the app?

@DJAlix can you confirm if there is anything pending on the servers about my gearbox service? vin sent to you in pm

@BrummieLad can you check your pms mate? would really appreciate it if you could send me a screenshot from the app?

@DJAlix can you confirm if there is anything pending on the servers about my gearbox service? vin sent to you in pm
replied

Reactions: quattrorally