Service question - gearbox oil change

c_tahoe

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently had a long life service in pollen filter at a main dealer. My A5 2.0 TDI Auto is now approaching 3k and the service team told me at 38k, my Auto box oil change was due at around £175.

Is that correct?

If I went independent would it be worth it?

Cheers

What gearbox do you have? If its S-tronic of Multi-tronic, then yes.

£175 is a good price and I struggled to find any indie that could do better than that.

What gearbox do you have? If its S-tronic of Multi-tronic, then yes.

£175 is a good price and I struggled to find any indie that could do better than that.

Hi,

It's a CVT, with sport mode and paddle shift manual overide.

Cheers

Pretty sure the triptronic was only on the 3.0tdi so you have the Multitronic.

So yea get it booked in. Did it for my previous 2.0tfsi and it helped and will be crucial if you have any gearbox problems later.

Hi,

Recently had a long life service in pollen filter at a main dealer. My A5 2.0 TDI Auto is now approaching 3k and the service team told me at 38k, my Auto box oil change was due at around £175.

Is that correct?

If I went independent would it be worth it?

Cheers

If that isn't a typo then no you can wait for the oil service. If it is a typo and the car is approaching 30K then yes I'd advise getting the oil changed in the near future. All auto boxes can fail and changing oil is critical to keep them running well. Changing the oil early gives it extra margin on reliability.

I was told the same and just to shop around, asked second dealership and was told my auto s-tronic gear box is a sealed unit so the gearbox oil will never need to be changed. Called the first dealership and the person just told me she needs to ask someone else then to get back to me. I am only looking for info from this site and see your post, could you let me know what happened to your car in the end, did you do the oil change?

£175 Gearbox service is a fixed price from Audi. It is due every 38k miles.
I've just booked mine in for the S-Tronic service at Leicester Audi.

Had my 3.0TDi S-Line Quattro Black Edition S-Tronic Gearbox oil changed at 40K miles at my local Audi Dealer for £175. The local indy quoted £140. I was completely unaware of the gearbox oil change, and was reminded by Audi when I booked car in for a Big Service (£399)

Stuck with Audi Dealer as the fact ithe gearbox oil been changed is recorded by Audi on their database, so you know its been done and can prove it if need be when its time to sell. I certainly would not touch an S-Tronic car if the gearbox oil had not been changed, and if you do you potentially run the risk of a world of financial pain and hassle getting a shagged S-tronic gearbox fixed ! (plus any warranty company would walk away if you did not get the gearbox oil changed).

Hi guys,

So I just had the oil service completed at Camberley Audi. Due to me planning on extendeding my warranty as my car is critical for work and the use of a nice courtesy car I stuck with the main dealer. It was the set £175 as other members have mentioned above. The MOT was due almost so I tied it all together and there was an air con software update as well completed while it was there, so I was pretty happy all in all.

The software update does a routine run of the system and pump I believe to eliviate problems with systems that are not used much.

Cheers