Service Plan....

Ok explanation accepted, my post was a bit tongue in cheek anyway. However a service plan with tyre replacment for me would be useless, I might just get the fronts on the limit but no more.

To get back on topic, mine is in on monday for its first service and yet another courtesy car, I just hope thay don't give me an awful 1.6 diesel with s-tronic..

Totally agree .....with your car being a 1.4TFSI it isn't going to rip through tyres like the S3 will so the tyre package would not be beneficial at all ....

So are you paying £14 pcm for service only on a 1.4TFSI....? ....I was quoted £13pcm over 3yrs on an S3 doing 10K miles per year ...?

...and Audi say the prices are "Fixed" ....HA.....:audibash:

Thats a very good figure you've got but is the S3 any more expensive to service? At the time I was paying £24 a month for a mk3 1.6 ecoboost focus so £14 a month seemed good for a yearly service...

It may well be, however its the same type of engine, is a tfsi, has a turbo and is high compression....

I don't have a service plan on my current 184Q and it has not needed a service as yet.. I didn't have one on my previous 8P-170 but paying for the service as it was needed worked out at £12 per month.

Is your car due for a service every year over a four year period?
No. As I still do around 13-14k miles a year, it is set for long life service interval which means, in my case, it usually tells me a service is required at around 18-19k. In fact I only paid for one service on the last 8P and I only kept it for just over 2 years and 26k miles because I wanted to change to a new 8V. Normally I keep my cars just short of 3 years.

My mileage means I qualify for a yearly service, thus I feel £14 a month over three years is about right.

I am Considering adding a service and maintenance plan to my S3 SB purchase

Audi complete comes in at £25/month so £900 over the three years. I do about 10 - 11K miles a year and will have the car put on fixed interval servicing and estimate my costs would be

Oil change x 3 = £600
minor service year 1 and 3 = £400
Major service year 2 = £400
MOT = £50

So looking at £1450 v £900 so seems a no brainer.

Couple of questions:

1. Does this seem about right or have I double accounted on oil change and minor service costs?
2. Is there any value in negotiations on servicing cost direct with the dealer?

Reactions: wiggsy
So people are deiberately wearing out tyres to justify paying for them on a service plan? I might be wrong but that's how it sounds...

It's how you look at it, I call it enjoying the car to it potential lol

Audi complete comes in at £25/month so £900 over the three years. I do about 10 - 11K miles a year and will have the car put on fixed interval servicing and estimate my costs would be

Oil change x 3 = £600
MOT = £50

Couple of questions:

1. Does this seem about right or have I double accounted on oil change and minor service costs?

I took out the £399 upfront payment for 3 years. But I think that has been discontinued now.

I took out the £399 upfront payment for 3 years. But I think that has been discontinued now.

Yes discontinued and was a cracking deal hence the reason for raising the question of value against current cost

So I have just ordered s3 and want the Audi complete. in brochure its 17 a month for service only, and 23 for service and maintenance, what else do you get for the 23 option , what maintenance anyone know ?

Oil change x 3 = £600
MOT = £50

Couple of questions:

as far as im aware its Oil service year 1 and 3, and full service at 2 years.

This link gives you the detail of what is included.

http://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/a...service-plans-new-vehicles/audi-complete.html

I am also looking at this (£25 inc VAT for S3 SB) but looking at the detail most would, I expect, be covered under warranty so questioning the value apart form the piece of mind which says with Warranty plus maintenance it is highly unlikely you would need to pay for anything additional at all in the first three years.

as far as im aware its Oil service year 1 and 3, and full service at 2 years.

So based on 10K/year would need three oil services and one major service so would be break even plus have the reassurance of any other non warranty items would be covered.

This link gives you the detail of what is included.

http://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/a...service-plans-new-vehicles/audi-complete.html

I am also looking at this (£25 inc VAT for S3 SB) but looking at the detail most would, I expect, be covered under warranty so questioning the value apart form the piece of mind which says with Warranty plus maintenance it is highly unlikely you would need to pay for anything additional at all in the first three years.
Thanks so there is another thread about radiator damage on here, the full maintenance pack seems to cover radiators too so would that also cover stone damage i assumed it must.