- Pollen filter

Thanks in advance.

Does anybody know what brand the following parts are on the 2.0TDI:

- Air filter
- Oil filter
- Fuel filter
- Pollen filter

Thanks in advance.

Those sold by Audi at a guess. No doubt there are made for them by someone else but I would think the only name on them is VW/Ausi/Skoda/Seat.

I'm looking to get it serviced by a garage my Father owns and they normally get the parts from Euro Car Parts. I can get all Bosch or Mann parts for a third of the cost of Audi supplied ones.

I'm looking to get it serviced by a garage my Father owns and they normally get the parts from Euro Car Parts. I can get all Bosch or Mann parts for a third of the cost of Audi supplied ones.

Would you not want the Audi Dealership stamp?

Is your car leased or bought outright?

The main dealer stamp means nothing as far as I'm concerned, don't think it really adds much to the resale value anyway.

The garage is very reputable and have done service work for me for about 10 years. Don't want to pay 3x as much for an Audi stamp. It will have FSH just not FASH.

Bought on PCP but intend to buy at the end of the term.

The main dealer stamp means nothing as far as I'm concerned, don't think it really adds much to the resale value anyway.

The garage is very reputable and have done service work for me for about 10 years. Don't want to pay 3x as much for an Audi stamp. It will have FSH just not FASH.

Bought on PCP but intend to buy at the end of the term.

Interesting, I respect your opinion but in my eyes, even thought paying a premium for some very simple task such as changing oil and etc, if I was buying any car and it was all carried out by a dealership then it would give me some strong indication the car has been looked after. I know there are other well trained and qualified mechanics which can do the job as half the price but you can't be too careful who does what exactly.

Anyway back onto the subject, no I wouldn't know what brand are those parts. ETKA doesn't give any information.

I think it depends how long you plan on owning the car. If you plan on selling within 3 years then I'd be looking to get full Audi servicing. After 5years i think as long as regular servicing its less important.

Like with my 8P which i sold at 10 years, I will probably get Audi servicing for 3-5 years, then get a local garage to service past that point.

I plan to keep the car 5+ years, I say I but intend to palm it off to the wife in 2 years time and get myself an A6 or S3 saloon!!

I tend to use dealer services while under warranty, then after that I'm not too bothered.

I tend to use dealer services while under warranty, then after that I'm not too bothered.

The last car I kept long enough to be out of warranty was my Golf VR6 back in 1994-98. Since then all my cars have been serviced by the my dealer. It certainly makes life easier if any work is required under warranty or re-call as they already know the car and it's history.

Does anybody know what brand the following parts are on the 2.0TDI:

- Air filter
- Oil filter
- Fuel filter
- Pollen filter

Thanks in advance.

Audi service parts tend to be either

- Mann
- Mahle
- Bosch

Just thought I'd share this with you....

Checked the service schedule this evening and the only items replaced at the first variable service (circa 19k miles) are the pollen filter, oil filter and engine oil. They do all the standard checks as well like brakes, tyres etc but it's a very short list. This would cost me £300.

I have arranged to get it done at an independent for £120, which includes: oil filter, engine oil, fuel filter, pollen filter, air filter + all the Audi checks and several others. All OEM parts purchased through Audi (although at trade prices).

Now I know it's personal opinion but I couldn't justify spending an extra £180 for an inferior service. I for one will never use a main dealer for servicing, haven't done for years and don't intend to in the future.

Reactions: r15wne
Oh just realised I don't get a complimentary car wash with the independent, so might have to re-think!!! :yahoo:

i normally buy the original parts and do it myself if not busy,
or take to a local garage who do the service and checking and stamp the book..
then im rest assured its alldone..
i dont believe in dealer prices , or their workmanship..

Reactions: squiretolley