"Service Now" -reset anyone able to advise?

Bedders

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. 1st real post. Had my car serviced at a main dealer VAG group garage (Skoda) & they can't reset the service indicator, & were only able to do the oil mileage indicator.

My car is a 2008 A3 tdi sport 170 DPF. It one of the latter ones with the PD BMN engine. I bought as a high mileage but well maintained ex company car. I understand it's on the longlife service regime......but the DPF needs the longlife oil anyway to avoid soot build up so i'm lead to believe.

Don't really want to spend a fortune on professional type computers to reset the "service now" message, but it's doing my head in. Just wondered if anyone could give any options?

Wondered if something like this might do the trick?

Professional Service Indicator Reset Tool from Autel,

Any advice would be greatly appreciated....(don't want to use the main dealer as they looked at me like a piece of dog dirt on their shoe when I popped in about a previous matter.....they've had their chance & they blew it!)

Thanks

Hi, welcome to ASN. A dealer should have reset your service light after servicing. Have a look at the faqs sticky thread, there may be something in there. One of the guys will probably advise you shortly. We are all a helpful friendly bunch. Post some pics of your car up and enjoy the frum. :)

To reset, ign. on, pull right knob on speedo, 'service' will appear. Pull button again and hold until service in---km---days shows in speedo.

So says the handbook!:icon_thumright:

Last edited:
On my 2006 2.0L TDI, I had to pull the right-hand knob, but hold it out until the service time was reset. That is not quite what it said in the owners handbook, but it did work. Try it like this if it does not reset by pulling twice.

To reset, ign. on, pull right knob on speedo, 'service' will appear. Pull button again and hold until service in---km---days shows in speedo.

So says the handbook!:icon_thumright:

But did does not tell you that you will need to drive a few miles before you see the service light reset........on mine I think I had to do well over 200 miles before the info came up......

Cheers,

You can check within your dis as to the state of the next service info, to see if its reset itself.