Service No Loan Car Available

Trumpsz

Reaction score
Hi guys I have my s3 booked in for a major service this week and have been told by the dealer that they do not have any loan cars available while it’s in for the service and that the nearest time for one is if I rearranged it till mid January ! Which then my car would be over due surely they would be able to find a car within they dealer ie a used approved car I could use for the day I don’t think I’m being to unreasonable I’m tempted to book it in at another dealer what do you guys think ?

i also got the same response from Audi West London when booking it in.

think its quite common tbh.

It's quite common for this, however my dealer would source something for me of it was desperately needed for work. They have now on a couple of occasions but depends on the dealer I'd say. I think end of the day it is a courtesy car so they don't have to provide one.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Normally a month or more in advance. Most dealers only have a handful of cars as courtesy cars. Used approved cars and cars for test drives are insured differently as I was told and need a salesman in the car with you. Some might help you out with an extended test drive on a car but it’s rare.

Reactions: stote
Hi guys I have my s3 booked in for a major service this week and have been told by the dealer that they do not have any loan cars available while it’s in for the service and that the nearest time for one is if I rearranged it till mid January ! Which then my car would be over due surely they would be able to find a car within they dealer ie a used approved car I could use for the day I don’t think I’m being to unreasonable I’m tempted to book it in at another dealer what do you guys think ?
What date is on the mmi, you can go over by 30 days and still be OK with warranty if anything went wrong. As someone else said, try another dealership....or an Indy garage!

Reactions: Trumpsz and KenL
I'm sure they would be able to give you a lift to and from a railway station or similar so you can to and from work. Alternatively if you dont need any warranty work then use a good independent audi garage and use their wifi for your laptop while you wait ?

Tell sales department you are looking to change car soon, sure they’d soon supply a car for the day to test drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AlS3BE
What date is on the mmi, you can go over by 30 days and still be OK with warranty if anything went wrong. As someone else said, try another dealership....or an Indy garage!
25 days from today so i still do have plenty of time if also going over by 30 doesn't effect warranty i may rearrange thanks for that info

Reactions: S32B
25 days from today so i still do have plenty of time if also going over by 30 doesn't effect warranty i may rearrange thanks for that info
Pretty sure it's 30 days OR 1000 miles! Whichever comes first.

Reactions: S32B

Pretty sure it's 30 days OR 1000 miles! Whichever comes first.

Yep sorry forgot to say, 30 days or 1,000 mile as Adam pointed out ;)

Reactions: Adam14 and Sandra
Certainly not an issue in my region, I’ve never had to wait more than a week for a slot with a courtesy car at my main dealer in Lincoln.

Sadly the sales department don’t do unaccompanied test drives or 24 hour loans anymore though