Service & MOT with PCP s3

Sprintblu3

Reaction score
So my s3 is due it’s service and first MOT, This is the first car I had on PCP finance. Do Audi frown up on taking a PCP car to a different garage for works and will they also take this into account for any final monies at the end of the contract?
Also they have told me it isn’t a proper service this time for the car only a brake fluid change, is this right?

Tia

You're due a brake fluid change at 3 years, yes. Depending on how your car is set up (fixed or long-life service schedule) you may, or may not be due a service too. From what you say I'd guess you're on the flexible schedule. As to servicing, I should read the PCP contract to check, but I doubt it'll restrict you to using a franchised dealer, in the same way that using an indie, as long as they comply with the schedule and parts quality, won't affect warranty. The main advantage of using an indie is cost - their labour rates are typically less than half what a main dealer charges. For comparison, a brake fluid change is £40 at my local indie. As for the MOT, find the cheapest local station, assuming you can be bothered to make 2 appointments - I get my MOT done a month before the year end / service. The max that can legally be charged is £54.85, and a dealer will probably charge £54! My indie is expensive at £49 - but he's not accredited so uses someone else. My local general garage charges £35.

You're due a brake fluid change at 3 years, yes. Depending on how your car is set up (fixed or long-life service schedule) you may, or may not be due a service too. From what you say I'd guess you're on the flexible schedule. As to servicing, I should read the PCP contract to check, but I doubt it'll restrict you to using a franchised dealer, in the same way that using an indie, as long as they comply with the schedule and parts quality, won't affect warranty. The main advantage of using an indie is cost - their labour rates are typically less than half what a main dealer charges. For comparison, a brake fluid change is £40 at my local indie. As for the MOT, find the cheapest local station, assuming you can be bothered to make 2 appointments - I get my MOT done a month before the year end / service. The max that can legally be charged is £54.85, and a dealer will probably charge £54! My indie is expensive at £49 - but he's not accredited so uses someone else. My local general garage charges £35.
Thanks for that mate, I’m hoping the major service was done the year previous to me buying it. I just went to book online and the earliest appointment is 1 week after my MOT is due so my local garage is out the question now anyways. I will ask the question if it matters where I take and if not I have a few local indi garages around the Warrington area I can go to

Did you buy from Audi or a dealer (I'm assuming so if it's PCP)? If so go back and get a printout of the previous service history. Also ask what servicing schedule you're on (I think you can check this on the MMI anyway, as I've been WFH since a week after getting my S3 I've not looked!!). Depending on the mileage you do, get it set appropriately - 10,000 a year or less, or mostly city driving, fixed annual servicing is recommended. More than 10,000 or predominately motorway, flexible is ok. I must say though, I always stick to annual servicing, and my indie always uses the long life oil. I'd have to check the official "warranty safe" fixed service interval, but I think it used to be 9,000, just to be awkward!