Service kit - is this a good price

Lots of views but no opinions. I would be interested in this as well!

not a bad price for gen parts but i pay around £20 more to have my car done at a indy garage and a service stamp.......

£120 for a full service. Almost makes it worth driving to the midlands! The good Audi Indy about here charges £220!

REALLY !!!! audi tamworth qouted me £160 full service @ main stealers last october...... my indy i been dealing with them for years and so do my family so they always look after us...looking at my service record last time i had full service and full wheel alignment for £157.99

My Indy is a pretty good mate as I used to work with him when he was a tech at Audi, he looks after 5 of my family's cars, a standard service is £95 and a full service £200.....

The stamps are good, but if I have the receipts for the parts that I have fitted, I don't think it will be a problem *IF* I ever decide to sell the car, especially as it doesn't have a full history anyway.... approaching 10 years old and I fully intend running it for another 5 at least...

Straight from the Audi website.......

Major service £299
Interim service £149
Cam belt £429
Brake pads & discs (front or rear) £259
Brake pads (front or rear) £129
Clutch (quattro®) £899
Clutch (non quattro®) £749
Brake fluid change £59
Front Wiper Blades £39

Privately owned Audi vehicles over 36 months old from date of registration. Up to and including 2.0 litre engines for A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, TT and Q5. Offer may be varied or withdrawn at any time. Prices include VAT at the prevailing rate and parts and labour. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Excludes Channel Islands.

I would get the parts and do it yourself, the parts for a major service (oil/air/pollen filters plus spark plugs and oil) can cost you under £100 why be worried about a stamp, id be more worried if they actually carried out the work at least doing it yourself you can be guaranteed that its all been done and it is not that hard to do either!

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry about my post i cannot change the formatting from work dont know why!!!

Totally agree TOm, IanFM asked the guy on e-bay to do a deal for us and 2 major kits and 2 interim kits, £265 including delivery..... and that includes 5 litres of genuine screenwash

I have yet to find a dealer or Indy that sticks a litre of genuine washer fluid in the boot, normally it isn't even topped up with water...

I cannot see ebay at work so will look at the kit when I get home but if your not an OEM nut or should I say you just want to pay for the audi branded items then the stuff you need is a lot cheaper.My mum works for a car spares company and I got all the parts for £70 when I did a last major service however I have just done an oil service with a filter and oil from audi for peanuts so to pays to shop around!As for Screen wash, I get 5lts for £2.

I got a much better deal from my local TPS Oil, oil filter, air filter, pollen filter and sump plug for £60 all genuine parts.

Had to ask for a discount but if you don't ask you don't get.

Don't have an agreement from our local TPS..... and when it comes to fitting service items, always go OEM, have seen the mess someone made of their engine by fitting a pattern oil filter......

Have ordered the kits from e-bay.....

Don't have an agreement from our local TPS..... and when it comes to fitting service items, always go OEM, have seen the mess someone made of their engine by fitting a pattern oil filter......

Have ordered the kits from e-bay.....

Not all non oem parts are that bad ive had a non oem oil filter on for a year and no issues (ok i have an audi stamped one on now!)

Last edited: