Service intervals, confused.com

Jon Roach

Reaction score
my S3 has hit 25k miles and mmi stating oil change due in 800 miles. MMI also stating service not required for another few thousand miles / few hundred days.

Just rang a couple of dealers and been quoted £225 for oil change or for £334 both oil change and service. If oil change only then at a later date service would be £180 which totalled with oil change done previously, £405 or £70 dear than doing both together.

What's other folks been paying?

I'm thinking may as well get both done together, am I missing a trick here?

Am I right in thinking I must be on variable servicing and this would be first oil change?

One dealer said DSG will need an oil change at 3 years which is September so will that flag up on MMI when ready?

Yes I'm a dumbass

Cheers

Jon

lol you missed my thread then! http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/sit-down-for-this-one.310849/

Mine is the same, should both be done at the same time this year! After telling a service guy what was showing on my MMi he said they obviously didn't set it correctly after the first service:

This will help you as well:

Cheers for reply, I'll check your thread out.

I'm also thinking that with manly short distances/town driving I'm gonna get mine switched to fixed servicing.

Cheers
Jon

£225 for an oil change is an absolute disgrace.

We need a government backed ombudsman to stop dealers doing this.

They are charging ~£200 Labour for something that takes 30 minutes.

Do our cars need to go into audi to change the service schedule or can we do it
It..as I want mine on the fixed schedule

If you are changing to fixed, just have your services done every 9k miles.

A decent independent should be able to reset it when they service it.