Service Interval.

rsvrider

Reaction score
Hi guys. I had my car changed over to fixed service as I only do 12 to 13k a year.
Today the garage set the oil service to 9000 miles or 365 days. Normal service is set to 19000k ortwo years what wold be the best to set them too.
Many thanks

Nige

Don't know what car you have but my S3 is set 9k or 1 year, which I prefer being a performance car I like frequent oil changes.
Remember its not a full service each 9k, it whatever the service manual recommends for each area of service.

i have a 2.0 tdi. just don't believe that 9k is enough before the change. i would be doing an oil change ever 6 months. going to set it to 15k and 365 days. cheers

Likewise.....I originally had the Audi long service interval for mine,from new,and after the first oil change,I binned that idea.

I was watching the oil being drained out of the car,and it looked awful,and since then it gets changed every time it goes near AMDTuning,so every 5 000-7 000 miles.

I would set your interval to 9k and ask the garage to contact you if they haven't seen you for 12 months and make sure that you are getting a good oil...

Reactions: S3Alex
15k is quite a while between services. What you call "normal" service of 19000 miles or 2 years, is actually variable servicing, and the car decides when it wants an oil change. Generally the only way to get 19k between services would be driving on nothing but a motorway. Stop start driving or anything enthusiastic will see the car demand an oil change a lot quicker.

As above, set it to Audi standard fixed servicing, which is 9k/1year. You don't say which 2.0TDI you have, but it generally goes:
Service 1 = Oil and filter change
Service 2 = Oil, filter, Fuel Filter, Air filter, Pollen filter and Inspection .
Rinse and repeat alternating service 1 and 2 every 9k.

The actual service book probably states 40k for fuel filter and 60k for air filter, but most independent garages follow the above as it keeps it easier and there's no harm changing filters early.

Reactions: TimWills28
I ignore my service indicator and just get it done every 10,000 miles