Service info whats best oil

Jonesy76

Reaction score
Thinking of doing my own service on my audi a7 3ltr tdi quattro can anyone reccommend best oil to use car has done 70,000 miles .

i used
meets vw 507.00 spec
its about 6 litres if you change the oil filter too

eurocar parts

Mobil 1 ESP Engine Oil - 5W-30 - 5ltr​

Expertly engineered to help prolong the life and maintain the efficiency of your car's Emission Reduction System. This unique formulation of leading edge components is compatible with Diesel Particulate Filters and Gasoline Catalytic Converters. Designed to deliver outstanding performance and protection in conjunction with improved fuel economy. Approved for demanding specifications of VW, BMW and Mercedes Benz. Mobil 1 ESP 5W/30 5L Car Engine Oil is recommended for all types of modern automobile engines, especially the high-performance petrol and diesel engines found in the latest passenger cars, SUVs and light vans.Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5W-30 is especially suitable for extreme conditions, where conventional oil often cannot perform. It is not recommended for 2-Cycle or aviation engines, unless specifically approved by the manufacturer.

• Low Ash Content.
  • Low Sulphur and Phosphorous content.
  • Active cleaning agents.
  • Outstanding thermal and oxidation stability.
  • Low oil consumption.
  • Enhanced frictional properties.
  • Excellent low temperature capabilities.
  • This product has the following approvals: VW 504 00 VW 507 00 PORSCHE C30 PSA B712290 GM dexos2 MB-Approval 229.31 MB-Approval 229.51 MB-Approval 229.52

I recently bought 20 litres of Millers C3 Trident Professional 5W30 from Opie Oils.
Its the approved spec ( VW 507.00 ), I paid £75 as they had an offer on.
It seemed rude not to.