Service Help

roundy

Reaction score
Just had my 2003 A4 TDi 130 serviced by a local independant (other halfs dad in fact) and long life oil went in. When I reset the service indicator how does it know if bog standard oil or the long life stuff is in? Surely as the mileage can vary on long life as opposed to set interval with regular stuff how does it tell?

Also the handbook was a little confusing, it states cambelt at 60K and 80K?!?! Mine had the belt done at 60k so I assume the next time it needs one is 120K ?

Thanks for the help!

If you reset the indicator yourself then it will now be on fixed service intervals of 10k. If you want variable service intervals then an Audi dealer needs to reset the car with their special equipment.

Can I do this with VAG-COM?!

Annoying if I can't as I've just had long life put in it and I don't want to be replacing it on only 10k miles!!!

If I can't do it with VAG-COM - would a Skoda dealer be able to do it? Or would Audi do this for gratis?

Could be possible with VAG-COM, see HERE for information from Ross-Tech.

I couldnt say wether or not Skoda can do it but I doubt Audi would do it for free as you've not had the car serviced with them!

Worth a try though I guess.