Service Due - Or Is It?

A4 SJC

Reaction score
Looking for a bit of advice on servicing. My car came with 2 free services when I purchased it (Approved Used). I've used this for 1 "Inspection" service and 1 "Oil" service. The car is set to long life servicing after the last Oil service.

It's now asking for an Inspection (less than a year has passed since the Oil service) Does this sound correct?

What is actually involved in the Inspection service?

Possibly due as service plans swap across to yearly as well. Check with your dealership...

Thanks - I'll contact them anyway, but I know they'll tell me it's due

When I look online at servicing, the Inspection includes an oil and filter change apparently. So whats the difference between this and an Oil service?

Thanks - I'll contact them anyway, but I know they'll tell me it's due

When I look online at servicing, the Inspection includes an oil and filter change apparently. So whats the difference between this and an Oil service?

An inspection service is normal oil and filter change. Then inspecting visually all the other stuff like tyres. Plugs. Air filters and scan the car to make sure everything is in working order. Almost like a mini MOT.

An inspection service is normal oil and filter change. Then inspecting visually all the other stuff like tyres. Plugs. Air filters and scan the car to make sure everything is in working order. Almost like a mini MOT.

Thanks - they don't half like confusing things. Still can't understand why it would be due now given that it's supposed to be on long life servicing

Car is out of warranty shortly, so will be getting it done out of the dealer network

Thanks - they don't half like confusing things. Still can't understand why it would be due now given that it's supposed to be on long life servicing

Car is out of warranty shortly, so will be getting it done out of the dealer network

you don’t have to have Audi do the services to keep warranty. As long as the garage you take it to use genuine parts you are fine. I’ve done all mine outside of Audi. Rip off merchants.

Reactions: scobie140
Audi will price match. I paid £9.56 a month for three services over 36 months, plus the first MOT and the three year brake fluid change was free. So not all are 'rip off'...

12-13k average a year
Count yourself lucky then. I do 6/7k and the car is just over 2 years old and asking for it's second oil change service for which the dealer quotes £300+. Reminds me, I need to book it in.

On the subject of using an indy, when I queried this with the dealer, they said it was no problem in respect of the warranty, but pointed out that the gfv on pcp assumed the dealer would be selling the car and that they would only sell used cars with an Audi service record. So basically, the quoted gfv is shot. It sounds logical, though I've not been able to find that stated in any of the documents I have since ordering.

I suppose for a £100 odd difference, I've got better things to do with my time than worry about this.

Audi will price match. I paid £9.56 a month for three services over 36 months, plus the first MOT and the three year brake fluid change was free. So not all are 'rip off'...
After all this time, I still choke every time I read this :tearsofjoy:

Apologies, if helps ease your pain I am now paying £26 a month for two services over 15 months...

So I've just had my oil change and got them to change it to fixed service.
Can anybody confirm if an inspection, which I believe includes oil change, resets the next oil change date? Otherwise I'm having an inspection and then Oil change less than 3 months later!

They should reset it for you. It’s much better, especially if you own the car to just service it every year. Call them and ask. What did it say before that?

The flexible service interval is a joke. I change oil more often. Air filter would do another 20k before they would change it. Took it out and didn’t look fresh. It’s to show that running costs are not bad. If you own the car and are holding onto it I would do fixed. If you do loads of round town and short trips I would definitely go fixed. I’m sure many are lease cars so why would you do more in this case.

Last edited:
They should reset it for you. It’s much better, especially if you own the car to just service it every year. Call them and ask. What did it say before that?
I'm tempted to call - but they've been pretty useless before and expect you guys to know better!
Inspection/full service apparently is set to every 2 years no matter what, which kind of doesn't make sense if the oil service is due shortly before the Inspection. I now have my oil change set to fixed, but that would mean service then oil change 3 months later, then another oil change in a year.

I'm tempted to call - but they've been pretty useless before and expect you guys to know better!
Inspection/full service apparently is set to every 2 years no matter what, which kind of doesn't make sense if the oil service is due shortly before the Inspection. I now have my oil change set to fixed, but that would mean service then oil change 3 months later, then another oil change in a year.

My inspection light came up first and then when i called Audi, they advised me because of the low mileage i do, to book it in when the Oil change was due so both done at the same time, i have found that it does depend on whom you speak to. My car only turned 2 years old March 1st and the inspection light came on.