1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service due indicator (spanner symbol) reset.

DOBBO41 Mar 18, 2018

1. DOBBO41

DOBBO41 A3 1.6 TDI Sport 8P 2010

I recently purchased another A3 ,the last service was carried out by an independent but the service indicator was not reset, the garage is 400 miles from me! I have tried the button procedure but asi understand it I can not reset service with this method, I’m located in Crawley/Gatwick area if any one is able to recommend or carry out the reset, apologies if this is in the incorrect section.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Leorio

Leorio New Member VCDS Map User

You can rest Service indicator with VAG cable. I have one, but I am too far away from you. Which year is your A3? There might be an option to reset it manually.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

4. processpaul

processpaul New Member VCDS Map User

I can reset this as I have Full Vcds. I'm 10 mins from a23 a27 junction near Brighton. Start a private conversation with me for contact details

5. DOBBO41

It a 2010 model, another member has replied and not to far from me who can do it, thanks for the reply.

6. Leorio

Leorio New Member VCDS Map User

Glad that you found someone close to you! By the way having the VAG cable is very very useful and comes in handy in lot of situations.

I used to pay 15-20 quid for reading the fault codes. Now I can do it for free. If original Ross Tech cable is a bit too expensive for you then you can always buy cheaper alternative - OBDEleven for Android.

Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

7. DOBBO41

Ok thanks I will look into getting the cable.:thumbs up:

8. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green Team Imola TFSI Owners Group Silver Supporter Team Sprint Audi S3 Manual

Pop it along to an indy garage and i am sure for £20 he would reset for you as long as you know what you want in the drop down menu

9. DOBBO41

Took the car down to http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/members/processpaul.94391/ last weekend and he reset it using Vagcom for me and also coded the “alarm chirp”on locking,nice chap and very reasonable.

10. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green Team Imola TFSI Owners Group Silver Supporter Team Sprint Audi S3 Manual

Excellent see some people are bery helpful good on Paul