Service Confusion.

m4ttc

Reaction score
Hi
Can anyone advise me what service this is indicating. My car is at 40,000 and had a full service 6000 miles ago and 16 months by Audi. It is 2.0tdi and is 5 years old.

This appeared yesterday. Any advice.

rVpotnV.jpg

rVpotnV.jpg

Last edited:
I’m sure there are a few things that need done at 5yr old - check your service book and it’ll list them. I think cam belt is once, and something s-tronic related if it’s an auto

Reactions: m4ttc
It has been set for your second brake fluid change as it is due at 3 years old and then every 2 years there after.

Reactions: m4ttc
Thanks for the advice fellas. Much appreciated.

Brake fluid? This alone wouldn't warrant an inspection service I don't think. It's an optional service item as well.

Sounds like the indicator hasn't been reset properly.

In vcds you can change the number of days to inspection to match the oil change days

Brake fluid changes every 2 years is madness, there is no way it has become hygroscopic to such an extent that the fluid cannot do its job properly.

Get it done at the next inspection, you'll be fine in the meantime.

Brake fluid? This alone wouldn't warrant an inspection service I don't think. It's an optional service item as well.

In vcds you can change the number of days to inspection to match the oil change days

Brake fluid changes every 2 years is madness, there is no way it has become hygroscopic to such an extent that the fluid cannot do its job properly.

The brake fluid was done by Audi end of Jan 16 and Full Service by Audi in Dec 16, 6000 miles ago. So brake fluid would be due (according to Audi) However not sure what else. I have Carista, I maybe able to reset it in there. I can get the Brake Fluid done for £25 at an Inde now the car is well out of warranty

100% it’s been set for brake fluid service. I’m a audi tech. I agree its total madness. Why they can’t have a separate indicator like bmw is beyond me! Can show you document from audi hub next week once i’m back at work. Basically says to stop doing it as it causes too much confusion for the customer and inexperienced service staff at front of house and stops a unnecessary return to workshop. Me personally i never set it for brake fluid change as you can imagine the rage it would cause in people when they have just paid £300-£1000 depending on car/service and have been told by front of house oohhh yes thats you all sorted for another 2 years / 19000 miles to then after a year get a light on the dash come into the dealership and then be told oh yes you owe us another £60 or whatever it is for a brake fluid change or they say they don’t know why its on due to lack of training and get an apprentice to go reset the light. Also agree that on the whole the brake fluid service interval is a joke but its set by audi and the dealers need to stick by it unfortunately!

Reactions: davc
100% it’s been set for brake fluid service. I’m a audi tech. I agree its total madness. Why they can’t have a separate indicator like bmw is beyond me! Can show you document from audi hub next week once i’m back at work. Basically says to stop doing it as it causes too much confusion for the customer and inexperienced service staff at front of house and stops a unnecessary return to workshop. Me personally i never set it for brake fluid change as you can imagine the rage it would cause in people when they have just paid £300-£1000 depending on car/service and have been told by front of house oohhh yes thats you all sorted for another 2 years / 19000 miles to then after a year get a light on the dash come into the dealership and then be told oh yes you owe us another £60 or whatever it is for a brake fluid change or they say they don’t know why its on due to lack of training and get an apprentice to go reset the light. Also agree that on the whole the brake fluid service interval is a joke but its set by audi and the dealers need to stick by it unfortunately!
Thanks Tony. It is just over 2 years since the brake fluid was done so that makes sense.

100% it’s been set for brake fluid service. I’m a audi tech. I agree its total madness. Why they can’t have a separate indicator like bmw is beyond me! Can show you document from audi hub next week once i’m back at work.
I believe you mate so no worries there.