Service and need new brake pads - Audi S3

willz17

Reaction score
Hi all,

So it's that time of year again where the S3 needs a service, I can see that I need new brake pads currently got EBC Yellow Stuff.

I'm thinking of buying the Ferodo DS2500 or DS3000 what would people recommend and where is the best place to buy? Any forum sponsors?

Any info is always appreciated
Many thanks
Will

Hi all,

So it's that time of year again where the S3 needs a service, I can see that I need new brake pads currently got EBC Yellow Stuff.

I'm thinking of buying the Ferodo DS2500 or DS3000 what would people recommend and where is the best place to buy? Any forum sponsors?

Any info is always appreciated
Many thanks
Will

Hey mate I've read loads positive reviews on the Ferodo DS2500 but I haven't tried then personally.

May I ask why don't you plan on running the EBC Yellowstuff again?

Hey mate I've read loads positive reviews on the Ferodo DS2500 but I haven't tried then personally.

May I ask why don't you plan on running the EBC Yellowstuff again?

Hey mate,

I currently have the EBC drilled and grooved disks with yellow stuff pads.

Honestly I don't think the yellow stuff are that good, and felt like I needed something a little bit better in this case the ferodos.

Like you I have heard loads of good reviews on the ds2500 therefore I want a set front and back. Just wondering where the best place to buy them.

Will

I've just changed to Ferodo DS performance pads after going from Redstuff to yellowstuff (they broke up within 100 miles) very happy with them.

Reactions: kash_v, mammuth and Mario8P
I've just changed to Ferodo DS performance pads after going from Redstuff to yellowstuff (they broke up within 100 miles) very happy with them.

Where did you buy yours from mate?
Changed fronts only or all 4?

I'm planning on doing all 4 tbh

Let me know
Thanks
Will

Got them from Andrew page 01252-543900 And ask for Trevor Leigh
He handles the Ferodo pads.

7987080ae1ec1a7fe4071f2f0ff6441c.jpg

Found a good price here front and rears......

Will

Hi there

I didn't use the DS 2500 pads they can cause squeal....

I went for the DS performance pad, it sits between a normal pad and the DS2500 pads

This is the box, but don't use the part number as it's for Mitsubishi Evo's etc as this shares the same Brembo caliper as my RS 3

They do these in an S3 fitting so give Trevor a call and I'm sure he'll sort you out.

Reactions: Mario8P
Hi there

I didn't use the DS 2500 pads they can cause squeal....

I went for the DS performance pad, it sits between a normal pad and the DS2500 pads

This is the box, but don't use the part number as it's for Mitsubishi Evo's etc as this shares the same Brembo caliper as my RS 3

They do these in an S3 fitting so give Trevor a call and I'm sure he'll sort you out.

View attachment 54785

That's good to know
What time do they open?

I'll give him a call today, and order a set :)

Thanks mate
Will

Just an update called Trevor and he forwarded me onto a place called circuit as he didn't sell the DS race pads but only the performance series.

So called circuit and they supplied me with front and rear pads (DS2500) for the S3 for £275.36 posted

Thanks for the input guys
Will

Can't find the part numbers for the DS performance pads to fit my 2010 S3

Edit: just found these
Front: FDS1765
Rear: FDS1636 or FDS4316

Can someone please confirm these are the DS performance pads for 2010 S3?

Last edited:
Just give circuit a call and he takes a registration number and matches it up with your car :)

Andrew Page - 01252 543 900
(DS performance pads)

Fronts cost: £83.92
Rears cost £74.65

Circuit - 01525 385 888
(DS race pads)

Fronts cost: £164.78
Rears cost: £110.58

Will