Serious braking issue with my car! HELP!

pandoo1

Reaction score
Okay guys, basically whenever I press my brake pedal more than two times continuosly my pedal immediately goes hard and I can no longer brake, its really dangerous, the only way for me to get my brakes back is to release the pedal for a second or two. I have not got a clue as to whats doing it, I know my rear pads are worn, going to get them replaced this week however with the main issue Ive been told it might be the brake servo.

Can anyone shed some light on this please.

Cheers

Okay guys, basically whenever I press my brake pedal more than two times continuosly my pedal immediately goes hard and I can no longer brake, its really dangerous, the only way for me to get my brakes back is to release the pedal for a second or two. I have not got a clue as to whats doing it, I know my rear pads are worn, going to get them replaced this week however with the main issue Ive been told it might be the brake servo.

Can anyone shed some light on this please.

Cheers

sounds to me like brake servo, possibly air leak to it

sounds like an air leak! My old Astra had a similar problem a couple years ago, turned out to be a vacuum hose pipe had a crack in it and under pressure it was opening up, causing loss of breaking power! I wouldnt advise driving it tbh! because if it breaks, then there will be 0 braking power! - get it replaced!
Also cheap fix if its the above!

Why are you pressing the brake pedal rapidly? This normally happens as the vacuum in the servo is depleted and the pedal goes firm. Normally takes more than two rapid presses though!