Sepang S5 @ Maidstone (Beware)

Scott.T

Reaction score
Just a warning for anyone looking for an S5.
I popped in to Maidstone Audi today to see if a Sepang S5 would tickle my fancy over an Sepang S4 I had just viewed.
No plan to purchase the S5 due to the low spec but just a visual to confirm I preferred the look.

Anyhow's, I noticed a paint run on the front n/s wing to door edge and on further inspection it became apparent the whole n/s has been repaired badly.
Filler/sanding marks under the paint on the front wing between wheel arch and headlight. Sanding mark/scratch under the paint in centre of passenger door. Some sort of large dent repair on rear passenger door and sanding marks under the paint on rear quarter.
Several contaminants under the paint/lacquer along entire side.

In general it looks like it's had something run along the side or been run along a wall/fence.

It doesn't look like an Audi repair, so i wouldn't be suprised if the dealer was unaware and it's just been valeted and put out front.

If I hadn't of spotted the paint run I would of probably thought it was in nice condition. Just that one small thing drew my eye and caused the further scrutiny

Was tempted to point it out as I doubt they would want to sell it as an 'Audi Approved Used' at the risk the new owner comes back spitting teeth after spotting it upon it's 1st wash.

Beware guys.......

Reactions: techaddict, Meemo, dantdi and 1 other person