Sepang blue s3 sportback

Ha ha yeah they could be twins, need to drop mine and fit a tte420 plus brakes to be proper twins ha.

Have you got a link for the brakes, I think I looked before but couldn't work out what ones I needed plus it was short notice to buy these td's so I was always looking at ttrs calipers with spacers to keep my rotors.

Do you need spacers with the td's on those yellow speed brakes?

Thanks mate, I'll check it out. Do you not like the anodized finish??

I'm not sure what ET my TD's are but they are 8x18, so I'm presuming they will be ET45.

I've had to take them off until I get some new longer bolts, I've only got the standard audi 27mm and they don't hold the wheels on enough.

Thanks mate, I'll check it out. Do you not like the anodized finish??

I'm not sure what ET my TD's are but they are 8x18, so I'm presuming they will be ET45.

I've had to take them off until I get some new longer bolts, I've only got the standard audi 27mm and they don't hold the wheels on enough.

Annodized finish tends to discolour when some numpty uses an acidic wheel cleaner, while painted is a lot more resilient.

You don't need longer wheel bolts. Just get the tapered bolts for aftermarket wheels as the reason your existing bolts don't hold the TD wheels properly is because they are probably radius bolts. Aftermarket wheels use tapered bolts and OEM tend to use radius (don't ask me why :) ):

T bolttypes

Any decent wheel place can sort you out.

Reactions: HHS3
Whoops, that's one of the reasons I don't use the many car wash stations around, a few of my mates have had their chrome stripped from certain places around their cars from the traffic film cleaner they use.

I'm thinking of red calipers as they will tie in with the rear lights.

Yeah the bolts a bit of a strange one, AKS should be ordering me replacements, so will be the right ones. I was just in a rush to get them on ha.

Do you know the cost of having the valves cleaned ?

I got all the stuff done for one price mate, if you allow £400 tho that should easily cover it, well worth doing.

Reactions: MICHAEL PARKER
Update after my day at R-Tech, the car made 370bhp / 370lb before any tweaking took place, niki was very surprised with what the car could make, and final figures after tweaking were 386bhp / 406ft lb. I'm very pleased with the results and it's given the car an extra mid range punch, it certainly makes a better noise coming off boost too.

Reactions: HHS3, Hookmonster and Boomer
Sealed the wheels up while they were off the car with race glaze nano sealant.

Also booked my first track day on the 27th Nov at snetterton.

Had an absolutely awesome day at snetterton on Sunday, show up a few flaws with the car, mainly how rubbish the brakes and suspension are, so they are next on the modding list.

anyway here's some pics of the day.

All fuelled up and ready

Taking over the garage

Last one of the day

Will be definitely booking some more next year, and upgrading the suspension and brakes before that.

Reactions: leshkin
Thanks mate, will try and upload a fly by vid

Looks like great fun! I just got my B16 kit delivered - can't wait to get them bad boys in and configured!

How quickly did your brakes give up and did you disable ESP/ASR when you went out? :)

Reactions: paul_zx6r
Looks like great fun! I just got my B16 kit delivered - can't wait to get them bad boys in and configured!

How quickly did your brakes give up and did you disable ESP/ASR when you went out? :)

Cheers mate, it was awesome, still buzzing from it now ha.

Brakes lasted all of 2 laps, before they started going off. remember I'm still on standards, yes ESP was straight off, although not sure mine can be fully disabled, traction light was still flashing at points.

Those B16's look nice mate, I'm in need of coilovers now, just not sure what kit to go for, definitely haven't got B16 money. do you not think your ST X ones are ok for track?

Those B16's look nice mate, I'm in need of coilovers now, just not sure what kit to go for, definitely haven't got B16 money. do you not think your ST X ones are ok for track?

I think ST X are a good all-rounder if you are on a budget and if not set too low they will be a big improvement over stock if used with a good set of ARBs. I'd call them OEM+. They are definitely not a track focused kit, but I'm sure they can deal with an occasional track outing - they felt good at the Ring and amazing on bumpy Welsh roads too. I just found myself wanting something a bit firmer at times.

I think ST X are a good all-rounder if you are on a budget and if not set too low they will be a big improvement over stock if used with a good set of ARBs. I'd call them OEM+. They are definitely not a track focused kit, but I'm sure they can deal with an occasional track outing - they felt good at the Ring and amazing on bumpy Welsh roads too. I just found myself wanting something a bit firmer at times.

Yeah I hear what your saying, I'm definitely on a budget, plus needing a bigger brake set up. I've got h&r arbs front and back already so at least not completely standard, but there was still some definite roll going on around the longer corners. I wasn't 100% confident at turn in either.

Once you've got the ST X off, I'll probably have them off you, if you haven't already sold them.

Last edited:
Yeah I hear what your saying, I'm definitely on a budget, plus needing a bigger brake set up. I've got h&r arbs front and back already so at least not completely standard, but there was still some definite roll going on around the longer corners. I wasn't 100% confident at turn in either.

Once you've got the ST X off, I'll probably have them off you, if you haven't already sold them.

I'll ping you PM mate.

New front brake set-up has been ordered........................

What did you go for in the end?

Went for these in the end, TTRS/RS3 4 pot brembos, with AP 356mm floating discs.

I've got the seller sending them straight to brake caliper refurbs http://www.brakecaliperrefurbs.co.uk/ who AKS tuning have recommended to use, they will be getting a full overhaul and re-sprayed, I'm currently thinking of getting them done red with black "brembo" decals.

Reactions: raffhussain, leshkin and S3Alex
Looking good on the track. Top buzz is track day. Not taken my S3 to any but did Oulton park in my DC5 type r couple of months ago looking to book on another day soon.

Looking good on the track. Top buzz is track day. Not taken my S3 to any but did Oulton park in my DC5 type r couple of months ago looking to book on another day soon.

Yeah track days are great, that was the first one I've ever done. The group I went with have already booked on again at snetterton for this sunday, I'm busy so can't go.

Make sure you uprate your brakes before taking the s3 on track, they maybe okish on the road but you'll be lucky to get 2 laps out of them, especially if your use to a DC5, I had a little race with one on track and the usual thing, he couldn't keep up down the straights but could out brake me and go through the corners faster.

Yeah track days are great, that was the first one I've ever done. The group I went with have already booked on again at snetterton for this sunday, I'm busy so can't go.

Make sure you uprate your brakes before taking the s3 on track, they maybe okish on the road but you'll be lucky to get 2 laps out of them, especially if your use to a DC5, I had a little race with one on track and the usual thing, he couldn't keep up down the straights but could out brake me and go through the corners faster.

I'm sure its the first of many to come. No I don't think I will track the S3, that's what the DC5 is for. I mate took his R32 and Rs4 and after a couple of laps both killed their brakes.. With the DC5 I had PBD front discs and DS250 pads and oem on the rears which are still good for a few more track days.

Yeah the DC5 couldn't keep up with you but are very good around corners. Good for late braking into corners.

Look forward to seeing the improvement's with the bigger brakes and better suspension set up.

I'm sure its the first of many to come. No I don't think I will track the S3, that's what the DC5 is for. I mate took his R32 and Rs4 and after a couple of laps both killed their brakes.. With the DC5 I had PBD front discs and DS250 pads and oem on the rears which are still good for a few more track days.

Yeah the DC5 couldn't keep up with you but are very good around corners. Good for late braking into corners.

Look forward to seeing the improvement's with the bigger brakes and better suspension set up.

The DC5 is a very good setup car from factory, always been impressed by them, they seem to be going up in value now people realise how capable they are.

Ha your not the only one who's looking forward to the improvements, I've made my mind up that I don't need anymore power until the brakes and handling is sorted, It certainly had enough power to see of most things down the straights, braking and cornering was a another matter though :grimacing:

Not updated in a while.

not done too much on the car, I got the calipers sent off for a re-furb, they ended up changing the pistons as the wrong ones had been put in and would cause some leaking. hopefully get them on in the next few weeks along with the ST-x coilovers I bought off leshkin. hopefully both of these will make a massive difference on track.

one thing I have actually done is to add a genuine RS3 rear diffuser.

Really happy with how its turned out, certainly adds a bit more of an aggressive look to the rear.

Reactions: leshkin, HHS3, S. and 1 other person
I keep chopping and changing my mind about the RS3 roof spoiler , for one thing its nearly £500 with the brake light plus paint and twoI don't want people to think I am trying to make it look like an RS3 ,this is the reason why i have added to the rs3 diffuser ,just to try and make the car a bit different , I am even considering an A45 AMG roof spoiler as it looks like it would fit ,just not found the courage to buy one and try it .

Reactions: S.
Must admit I hadn't realised they cost that much. Don't really want to buy a copy one as they never fit properly. Good luck if you do try an A45 spoiler certainly would be a one off.

Very nice car. This is the colour i wanted. Found one but just wasnt dsg so i ended up with a black again

Cheers mate, pretty rare colour for 8p s3. I only know of a few others including leshkin's one.

Reactions: Kaine19
Great job mate, that looks mint. What work is involved with the RS3 diffuser and how much is it if you don't mind me asking?

Great job mate, that looks mint. What work is involved with the RS3 diffuser and how much is it if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry mate, hadn't seen your reply.

Basically I had to cut the whole of the lower S3 valance off after removing the s3 diffuser. The RS3 one then clips straight on and bolts underneath, pretty easy job just really.

I got the diffuser for £200.

Reactions: HHS3
So yesterday saw these fitted

TTRS/RS3 callipers fully rebuilt new piston and seals, sprayed red and ceramic coated. mintex 1144 pads along with 2 piece vagbrem 356mm discs.
Braided hoses all round and fluid change.

Also fitted was the ST-X coilovers, they have dropped the car nicely. just need them to settle the car will be levelled out and I'll get the wheel alignment done.

The brakes and coilovers have completely transformed how the car brakes and handles, certainly not nervous about braking later and chucking it in to a corner now.

Thanks for the info mate, that's a tidy S3 you've got there.

Looks lovely mate! Hope you like the coilovers! With the uprated brakes she'll be a much better car for it!