Sepang blue s3 sportback

I will be saving for a bcs power valve system next year, unless one comes up second hand. Have you got a decat or sports car?
I have a sport cat system - just can't be dealing with going under the car before and after every MOT

I have a sport cat system - just can't be dealing with going under the car before and after every MOT

I'm the same, although I've got an mot mate who normally gets my cars through ok, still less hassle with a sports cat though.

What figures have you got on stage 2+?

Sweet, I'd be happy with those figures, are you dsg as well?

Reactions: leshkin
Sweet, I'd be happy with those figures, are you dsg as well?
Yup, DSG. Haven't remapped that yet, but even on stock map it's still nice.

The top figures do not show a very healthy midrange, where it pulls strong. Check out my progress/build thread - the graph is there.

That's the main reason I've decided to get the fuel pump and go stage 2+ rather than just going stage 2.

Spoke to r-tech today and its booked in for dsg and stage 2+ mapping.on the 28th Jan, Now the long wait starts.

That's the main reason I've decided to get the fuel pump and go stage 2+ rather than just going stage 2.

Spoke to r-tech today and its booked in for dsg and stage 2+ mapping.on the 28th Jan, Now the long wait starts.

I think Stg2+ is the best value for money performance upgrade on this car.

Anything more involves a fair bit of cash,and a lot of work...

I think Stg2+ is the best value for money performance upgrade on this car.

Anything more involves a fair bit of cash,and a lot of work...
Definitely, if we're talking just engine performance

Reactions: S3Alex
I'm hoping so anyway, not even been out in a stage 2+ car.

I'll be saving for a big brake up grade after that and then hardware for a tte upgrade, plan on keeping the car for a good few years so will definitely enjoy stage 2+ for a year or so. I definitely won't be taking the car as far as you've done Alex, hats off to you though.

First proper clean and pressed plates fitted

Reactions: MICHAEL PARKER, Ollie2014 and leshkin
Also ordered an osir vent gauge pod, revo boost tap, just got to decide on what boost gauge to buy, I like the look of the pro sports as they match the standard dials plus do needle sweep on start up.

Boost gauge fitted (Xmas present from the Mrs)

Fitted this with a revo boost tap.

Only a few weeks to wait for other mods, booked in at aks for fitting downpipe, fuel pump internals, cam follower, rs4 valve and h& r arbs then off to r-tech for stage 2+ and dsg mapping.

Reactions: MICHAEL PARKER and leshkin
Well it's been a busy day for the car.

It's been at aks tuning all day having a bcs power valve turbo back system with sports cat, auto tech fuel pump internals, rs4 fuel valve, cam follower, h & r front and rear roll bars fitted plus oil change to millers nano drive 5w 40 oil.

Exhaust is so good, completely oem on normal driving, then all hell breaks loose on boost. Drove back in traffic so couldn't try the arbs out.

Roll on Thursday for my trip to r-tech

Last edited:
Car is coming along nicely mate! I've have had my BCS system fitted for over a year now and love to play with it and scare the living hell of out of people who do not expect the noise from a 'standard-sound' idling car at the lights :-D

The ARBs is probably my second favourite mod to the car after BCS system - you're going to love taking those corners with these puppies :)

Reactions: paul_zx6r
Thanks mate, I'm so pleased I went with bcs, wonder if it'll get louder after a remap. The dsg farts are great and so loud lol.

Really can't wait for some dry weather to try the arbs out now.

Thanks mate, I'm so pleased I went with bcs, wonder if it'll get louder after a remap. The dsg farts are great and so loud lol.

Really can't wait for some dry weather to try the arbs out now.

If you think it's no loud enough, just do a WOT run with the windows down :) I felt like it got a little louder since the first time I got it, but nothing crazy or scientific obviously. The DSG upshift farts never get old either :)

Dry weather? Who needs it when you have AWD and a great soundtrack :)

I think their meant to get a bit louder as the carbon builds up in them.

Ha true think I better stop being so much of a pussy and trust the awd system.

Hi Paul have the ARB's made a great difference to the handling?

Hi Paul have the ARB's made a great difference to the handling?

Hi, I haven't had a chance to push the car yet, only got them fitted today and came home in traffic, will give it a few weeks and report back.

I've got the front set on soft and the rear set to hard.

Hi, I haven't had a chance to push the car yet, only got them fitted today and came home in traffic, will give it a few weeks and report back.

I've got the front set on soft and the rear set to hard.
Ok Paul look forwards to your thoughts.

Yes, I got the ARBs, WALK and the alignment at the same time. I think that all three, plus the ST X coilovers add to the overall effect, which is to make the car a hundred times more eager to turn in and allow for a much faster corner entry speed than on stock.

Well just got back from r-tech, the car made 299bhp and 258ftlb as standard. Then niki started the mapping beginning with the dsg and then onto the stage 2+ engine map.
The car ended with 359.1bhp and 365ftlb.

The car has completely transformed, a lots be done the car in a short space, so thanks to the guys at r-tech today, guys at aks tuning for fitting the parts and a massive thanks to Nige and the boys at bcs for making my exhaust up in about 4 days.

Reactions: S3Alex
Wow, great looking car mate. Love the colour of it and what you've done to it so far. Anymore plans for it?

Nice results.

As you say it'll transform the car...hope you enjoy it.

Wow, great looking car mate. Love the colour of it and what you've done to it so far. Anymore plans for it?

Thanks, not to sure really, was speaking to niki about a tte turbo but not sure if I want to go that far as its my daily car. Maybe I'll look into wmi whilst cleaning the head and a pcv delete. But that's all along way off. The only thing I really want to do is get some rs3 calipers on the car, it's going to be hard to retain the rotors though, due to clearance.

Haven't updated for a while.

Not really done anything to the car, just general servicing and cleaning.

Claying session

Trying out bilt hamber wheel cleaner

Keeping the sun off

Made my own Gro-pro mount up, now sprayed black

Went to north weald for a "test and tune day" quarter mile runs, with my bro in-law in his vxr

First time ever doing quarter miles, started off with a 13.7 and ended up doing a 12.8. the surface wasn't the greatest, so I'm hoping for a 12.4-12.6 at the pod with the current setup.

a few vids of runs
http://vid1098.photobucket.com/albums/g366/paul_zx6r/s3/E1C40FA1-C73F-44FE-9FB6-FA00D2C164A9.mp4
http://vid1098.photobucket.com/albums/g366/paul_zx6r/s3/DED72DC7-4915-4079-A907-915526C1FAF1.mp4

Currently looking a sourcing some sort of BBK up grade, but not made my mind up yet as not wanting to spend loads of money, also sourcing parts to go hybrid turbo later this year or early next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: leshkin, S3Alex, Ben2487 and 1 other person
Boost gauge fitted (Xmas present from the Mrs)

I am doing this as well , i have the gauge and the round spacer thingy , was it difficult to fit ?

Fitted this with a revo boost tap.

Only a few weeks to wait for other mods, booked in at aks for fitting downpipe, fuel pump internals, cam follower, rs4 valve and h& r arbs then off to r-tech for stage 2+ and dsg mapping.

Haven't updated for a while.

Not really done anything to the car, just general servicing and cleaning.

Claying session

Trying out bilt hamber wheel cleaner

Keeping the sun off

Made my own Gro-pro mount up, now sprayed black

Went to north weald for a "test and tune day" quarter mile runs, with my bro in-law in his vxr

First time ever doing quarter miles, started off with a 13.7 and ended up doing a 12.8. the surface wasn't the greatest, so I'm hoping for a 12.4-12.6 at the pod with the current setup.

a few vids of runs
http://vid1098.photobucket.com/albums/g366/paul_zx6r/s3/E1C40FA1-C73F-44FE-9FB6-FA00D2C164A9.mp4
http://vid1098.photobucket.com/albums/g366/paul_zx6r/s3/DED72DC7-4915-4079-A907-915526C1FAF1.mp4

Currently looking a sourcing some sort of BBK up grade, but not made my mind up yet as not wanting to spend loads of money, also sourcing parts to go hybrid turbo later this year or early next year.
Brakes for me soon as well , got to get some more dollar saved first though lol , nice motor matey .

Car's looking tidy mate! We should organise a photoshoot of the twins some time! :)

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive typos :)

Car's looking tidy mate! We should organise a photoshoot of the twins some time! :)

Thanks mate, Ha yeah I'll be up for that, although It'll make me jealous of your brakes, be nice to see what your motor looks like with alloys in person.

Thanks mate, Ha yeah I'll be up for that, although It'll make me jealous of your brakes, be nice to see what your motor looks like with alloys in person.
I'll facebook you details of a VAG/edition 30 owners meet taking place end of August not far your neck of the woods, so a meetup may be on the cards if you can make it :)

I'll facebook you details of a VAG/edition 30 owners meet taking place end of August not far your neck of the woods, so a meetup may be on the cards if you can make it :)

Nice one, add me on Facebook mate, I'll pm you details

The car went back tom AKS tuning for a 50k service yesterday.

whilst there it had a peron intercooler fitted

inlet valves cleaned, considering the cars only done 47k they were proper dirty.
before

After

It also had a tts engine cover with the new AKS pins ( proper bit of work gone in to them) R8 oil cap, carbon canister delete, R-TECH pcv delete, RFD, CTS throttle pipe, NEUSPEED discharge pipe with bayonet delete, GFB dv+ and new cam follower fitted. just a shame all the work is hidden.

It's back to R-TECH on Friday for a map tweak, so should release a few more bhp now its got more flow to the engine.

I've also changed my wheels to TD 1.2's

personally I think they look insane, but now the car needs dropping. so suspension next along with a big brake set up (once I've made up my mind what to get) I do have the vag-brem brackets to fit ttrs/rs3 calipers but they are going for stupid money at the min second hand.

Looks epic mate! With those wheels our cars are turning into twins

Have you considered Yellow Sport Racing brake kit? 356mm 6pot kit is great value and they work great. Everyone who goes for a ride with me comments on how strong they feel.