Sepang Blue or Misano Red S3

Wrapping technology has moved on considerably.

Some amazing colours available, including metallic flakes etc.

Wrapping technology has moved on considerably.

Some amazing colours available, including metallic flakes etc.

Metallic Flake you say? seems supprisingly water resistant too for a wrap....

Craziest ice cream trucks 5

Reactions: Forbzeeee and The Challinor
Just get the colour you like best when it's clean. If it mustn't show the dirt you will always get a silver car, and that's so boring!

Prefer brilliant red to misano. Misano red should be called "pearlescent orangey reddish hue". Don't know why it's called misano. When I first heard it I assumed it was marzano- like the tomato. Although I'm not sure I'd buy a car in "tomato red".

Sepang looks special, stands out as being a performance car colour to me, even though I think you can order on any A3 now? If you choose sepang just make sure you learn to use a DA polisher and get a good wash routine. My old Focus RS was like a sepang colour but even softer paint so the swirls were an issue but easy enough and rewarding to sort them and have it looking nice.

My current White car takes the same time to wash and just looks....white still, not shiny or special so don't get the same satisfaction cleaning and looking after it (haven't washed it since the s3 was ordered haha)

I was torn between Daytona grey and sepang personally for the reasons that others said, but just went with the heart and ignored the hours of extra cleaning and polishing it will make me put in.

Sepang looks special, stands out as being a performance car colour to me, even though I think you can order on any A3 now?
Very true Nick
Option price on all the S3's for sepang blue is £525
Option price on all the other A3's for sepang blue is £2025 as it will fall under the Audi Exclusive paint range

Anyone know what the undercoat colours are with sepang? It was white on the RS so any stone chips showed up a lot...with the White car I have now the undercoat is black so again chips show up :(

Sepang looks special, stands out as being a performance car colour to me, even though I think you can order on any A3 now? If you choose sepang just make sure you learn to use a DA polisher and get a good wash routine. My old Focus RS was like a sepang colour but even softer paint so the swirls were an issue but easy enough and rewarding to sort them and have it looking nice.

My current White car takes the same time to wash and just looks....white still, not shiny or special so don't get the same satisfaction cleaning and looking after it (haven't washed it since the s3 was ordered haha)

I was torn between Daytona grey and sepang personally for the reasons that others said, but just went with the heart and ignored the hours of extra cleaning and polishing it will make me put in.

Nick your a man after my own heart totally. Appreciate the reply.

I had as of this morning (5am) made my choice to go with my first want for the Sepand and I said it to my self while undertaking my 2 hour journey that's what my heart wants and I stand by the life rule that your first choice is always the rights choice.

Yes it will be difficult to keep clean and shiny but that's why microwave meals taste Shi@, if it's worth doing take your time.

Then about 3pm around Swindon I spotted a S3 SB in Sepang, dirtier than a 21 year old on his first trip to Amsterdam but still stood out and as it passed parallel to me and the sun hit it I knew I wanted it. Choice galvanised!

I've got the demo car from Derby Audi for Saturday morning and then I get to do the deal, just a day now to tweak the spec and then I guess the wait begins. Looking forward to getting my first S model and as I've stated previously do appreciate the feed back guys it's been really useful to bounce the ideas of fellow car nuts.

Ta,

Reactions: nickatkinson
Anyone know what the undercoat colours are with sepang? It was white on the RS so any stone chips showed up a lot...with the White car I have now the undercoat is black so again chips show up :(

Not conclusive but looks like white under there. Clear bra may be required.

All the reports that Sepang is hard to look after, did people also say that of sprint or not? Trying to get my head around the reasoning behind it.

Ok I'm not expert but from what I gather from the detailing world Is that Sepang and the golf R in the similar colour have some level of softer paint layer than most other colours, I think basically VAG are making the top coat thinner and its a pain to polish.

All the reports that Sepang is hard to look after, did people also say that of sprint or not? Trying to get my head around the reasoning behind it.
Could be back to misano red or glacier white then ... :whistle2:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Psyman79
Ok I'm not expert but from what I gather from the detailing world Is that Sepang and the golf R in the similar colour have some level of softer paint layer than most other colours, I think basically VAG are making the top coat thinner and its a pain to polish.

I see, wonder if people also said that about sprint blue

what about Brilliant red?
Here's mine I just picked it up on Friday

My car Rear Number blanked

Reactions: nadsi77 and Psyman79