Sepang Blue meaning?

PbanyS3

Reaction score
Greetings fellow Audi MQB 8V fanatics!

Why does VW/Porsche/Audi name a shade of blue after a place in Malaysia and an SUV macan after another Asian term.

Did it remind them of the Asian mistresses they have or once had? :uk:

Could be named after the Formula 1 circuit in Sepang, but I like your explanation better lol! :idea:

Welcome to the forum!

One of the colours of the new RS3 - Catalunya Red, is also named after the Circuit be Barcelona (Catalunya) who chooses to use red in all of their branding material

And BMWs similar blue is called Estoril blue!

It actually come from the Japanese term sei pan gui meaning no longer rare ;)

Reactions: JohnM100, steeve, The Challinor and 8 others
New M3 colour is named Yas Marina Blue - presumably after the F1 circuit.

Also happens to be my current favourite colour!

Misano is named after the Misano World Circuit

Ok - I'm renaming my colour!!! SILVERSTONE RED

20150313 113234

Reactions: Psyman79 and Jassyo06
It is the second unanswered question, baffling many scholers......the first unanswered question being 'what is the meaning of mono.pur'?

Mono-Pur=Audi-slowly ripping you off.LOL

My last 3 cars=Polar White,Frozen White,Milano Red.....they make the names up as they go along most reds have a ltalian theme/Sun theme

I would assume it belongs to a racing curcuit, marketing won't allow Audi to say 'A different blue 1', 'A different blue 2' etc, they have to make you feel you're making a personalised choice in your new car!

So I can't possibly imagine what the meaning is of Glacier White when most of them are blue!

Reactions: Jassyo06
In the eyes of @The Challinor, Glacier White = Nardo Grey.

There we are, we have the circuit theme back again.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Psyman79
In answer to the Op's question - 'Sepang blue meaning?'

Simply put - The ****** best colour Audi do! :jump:

Haters come hate ... :undwech:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

PS Where are you @steeve ? ;)

Reactions: Sandra, Forbzeeee, Jassyo06 and 1 other person

Haters come hate ... :undwech:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

PS Where are you @steeve ? ;)
Totally agree,l can't stop looking at the car love the burple hue and l am getting my carpro-detailed soon,so it should look even more awesome

Reactions: Bristle Hound
As I've said before, love Sepang.......just about ordered it, but just couldn't bring myself to suffer the trauma of keeping it looking spotless. Strange, seeing as I went for white, but those dark metallic colours are a pig to look after. Or perhaps I'm just a bit too lazy.

Race circuits pure and simple.

Cadwell Pink is a great colour, better than Sepang Blurr

I'm not aware of a race circuit in Hainan

(Audi Hainan Blue)

2015_audi_q3_1.jpg

In that photo it looks very nice,bit like Riviera Blue,but in the metal its far more in your face...not in a nice way at all,
Kingfisher Blue,saw one the day l picked my car up

It is the second unanswered question, baffling many scholars......the first unanswered question being 'what is the meaning of mono.pur'?
I've been wondering the same thing. When I asked my tame Audi salesman who, to be fair, was extremely helpful and sympathetic when I was specifying my car, he said he'd never heard of Mono Pur, so perhaps it's only something that certain dealerships care to talk about! From what I can gather on this forum, it's a complete waste of money for very little personalisation effect (sorry if you've already splashed out!).

Totally agree! The number of people who sidle up to me in car parks and compliment me on the beautiful shade of blue still takes me by surprise. My previous car, an MG ZT in Firefrost Red, frequently elicited comments about the colour, but Sepang Blue seems to be the poll winner!

I think appreciation of colour can depend on the body shape of the vehicle in question - saloon in my case - and possibly whether or not it's got privacy glass and red painted calipers, both features which combine to give the car a handsome and meaningful look ... IMHO of course!

As I've said before, love Sepang.......just about ordered it, but just couldn't bring myself to suffer the trauma of keeping it looking spotless. Strange, seeing as I went for white, but those dark metallic colours are a pig to look after. Or perhaps I'm just a bit too lazy.

I've had white cars in the past and they were a nightmare to keep looking spotless, especially in the summer when you get insects and tar spots all over the front and up the side skirts. At least Sepang doesn't show dirt and dust quite as much as the darker colours such as Mythos, Beluga or Shiraz (all of which are nightmares for totally different reasons!).

I always hand wash my own car, but never in full sunlight, so it has to be either in the evening or wait until the weather changes for the worse! At the moment we seem to be having some sort of unseasonal heat wave, which is fine if you don't mind your pride and joy sending you on a guilt trip every time you look at her!

I have to say having had a red car, silver car (boths Jags), and now have a white Q5 and Sepang Blue S3 - the S3 and the Red Jag seemed to be the hardest the keep clean. The Q5 seems to show the dirt easy - but not the grime; the S3 seems to show dirt and grime easily (as did the Italian Racing Red XF-S) - but the silver Jag didn't seem to show the dirtand grim until they were quite bad - but then again, it didn't shine in the sun as well as the S3 or XF-S!