B8 Sepang B8 RS4 Owners Thread

What gearbox mod?
Sorry maybe Miss leading with my Use of Wording, Transmission USA/Gearbox UK , This is the Mod ave got from my Rs5 ,(Bought it on here a Few years ago as a Group Buy) Ave got the rear Cradle Mounts on Order...
Capture

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Am Considering Putting Hub Centric Spacers on my Car, 15mm Rear,5mm Front (Kits with Correct Extended Wheel Bolts)View attachment 178509 , Has anyone got pics of there Car with it Done, Ave Already Done the 034 Gearbox Mod and ITG Filters I had from my Rs5....
Gearbox mod? Sounds intriguing

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Sorry maybe Miss leading with my Use of Wording, Transmission USA/Gearbox UK , This is the Mod ave got from my Rs5 ,(Bought it on here a Few years ago as a Group Buy) Ave got the rear Cradle Mounts on Order...View attachment 178513
Hmmmm. Never heard of this. Not even over on rs246.com. Decent.

Reactions: Rab.
So here's the work done. The buckle and the refurb not on this warranty fix invoice.

Car feels much much tighter. Interestingly, and frustratingly though, the weird creaking/knocking is still there. Worse even. It does not happen going over bumps or during normal driving as I said before. It only happens when first starting car and reversing back half a cars length and half turn of steering wheel. To get out of parking space. Then, when coming to a stop and pulling away.

It will dissipate when things warm up. Well, it used to. Now it doesn't. The car feels good. Honestly it's so tight now. So flat in corners. Like, more than it was. But this is bugging me. DRC was re-pressurised and I just can't see how they've missed something important as they had the car over 2 weeks and done a lot of work to it. Thoughts? I'd be lying if I said I didn't have the itch. The torque is lacking. That 'shove'. Ya know?

I love this car. How it looks, its presence, it's squat...just...what a thing. I dunno. Think all the issues over past few months are taking their toll. Grrrrr.
5c977f45ad7bc616bac8803acb86a15b.jpg
a6e1b9729722dc20d07c6afaf2595ef4.jpg
efbbbf830cf257b35110a9540dc6df98.jpg
b92848b0df37838314024733b8b8a403.jpg
85f6ab1694710b292e592e2f3ac4de28.jpg

10mm all round on mine. No problems at all

Attachments

• D3A3E0DA-EE88-4FBA-BEAD-291C33E0C0B3.jpeg
    D3A3E0DA-EE88-4FBA-BEAD-291C33E0C0B3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 224
  • A5312C14-25AC-426C-8EF5-E33510CE2DE0.jpeg
    A5312C14-25AC-426C-8EF5-E33510CE2DE0.jpeg
    732.8 KB · Views: 255
Reactions: Rab., Thundercliffe81 and NevMan
So here's the work done. The buckle and the refurb not on this warranty fix invoice.

Car feels much much tighter. Interestingly, and frustratingly though, the weird creaking/knocking is still there. Worse even. It does not happen going over bumps or during normal driving as I said before. It only happens when first starting car and reversing back half a cars length and half turn of steering wheel. To get out of parking space. Then, when coming to a stop and pulling away.

It will dissipate when things warm up. Well, it used to. Now it doesn't. The car feels good. Honestly it's so tight now. So flat in corners. Like, more than it was. But this is bugging me. DRC was re-pressurised and I just can't see how they've missed something important as they had the car over 2 weeks and done a lot of work to it. Thoughts? I'd be lying if I said I didn't have the itch. The torque is lacking. That 'shove'. Ya know?

I love this car. How it looks, its presence, it's squat...just...what a thing. I dunno. Think all the issues over past few months are taking their toll. Grrrrr.
5c977f45ad7bc616bac8803acb86a15b.jpg
a6e1b9729722dc20d07c6afaf2595ef4.jpg
efbbbf830cf257b35110a9540dc6df98.jpg
b92848b0df37838314024733b8b8a403.jpg
85f6ab1694710b292e592e2f3ac4de28.jpg

Glad you've got it back. Did you have anything to pay?
You need time to feel the love, don't get hung up on the issues you have had, they are in the past.
Enjoy what is a ****** lovely car!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and NevMan
Glad you've got it back. Did you have anything to pay?
You need time to feel the love, don't get hung up on the issues you have had, they are in the past.
Enjoy what is a ****** lovely car!

Zero pence. Zero pounds. Got £1000 compensation from Audi dealer for the brakes fiasco. As I said in PM...very well handled. I'll give it time bud don't worry. But S8 out the box or stage 1 S6 with AWE Touring exhaust and lowered. Temptations haha.

Reactions: no_idea and NevMan
Thanks for Pics, looks so much better with the Arches Filled out, and good to Know that 10mm on the rear Is ok... Will get some ordered at the Weekend , H&R seem to look decent enough Kits .
Yes H&R are well used. Forgot who did mine, but just make sure they are hubcentric and fit RS4 bore

Reactions: NevMan and Rab.
Hmmmm. Never heard of this. Not even over on rs246.com. Decent.

034Motorsport is pleased to present our new Billet Aluminum Rear Differential Mount Insert Upgrade for the B8 Audi A4/S4/RS4, A5/S5/RS5, Q5/SQ5 & C7 Audi A6/S6/RS6, A7/S7/RS7! The factory Audi rear differential mount has voids in the rubber damping medium, which results in excessive rear differential movement under load. This movement allows for unwanted drivetrain slop (and sometimes clunks) that can be observed when accelerating, decelerating, and shifting.
Screenshot 20190328 075406 Samsung Internet

Zero pence. Zero pounds. Got £1000 compensation from Audi dealer for the brakes fiasco. As I said in PM...very well handled. I'll give it time bud don't worry. But S8 out the box or stage 1 S6 with AWE Touring exhaust and lowered. Temptations haha.

That's good to hear, you have found a decent dealer, at last!
As has always been said, it's not the problems you have but the way they get resolved.

Reactions: NevMan

Mate, cracking result, couldn't read the upside down invoice, but looks like a lot of work!

Mine came out today after 10 1/2 weeks! Yes that long! In short I ended up having two (2) wheel alignments, O/S/F shock replaced as DRC pressure was 5, exhaust clamp, new MMI housing trim, new wiper blades and I had to pay for 4 new wheels. In the end I sourced a 6 month old set as I couldn't afford the £4000+ Audi wanted. However, I've got to admit I was very excited to pick it up and get out of our A4 TDI, and after asking numerous times are you sure everything is done I took it away happy until I got the car moving and onto a long straight on the A4 and long behold the steering wheel is sat in the 1 o'clock position...

Couldn't bare turning around so spent 3 hours cleaning her and trying to look past it just for today. I don't know how I can be so unlucky!

Reactions: NevMan and Thundercliffe81
Mate, cracking result, couldn't read the upside down invoice, but looks like a lot of work!

Mine came out today after 10 1/2 weeks! Yes that long! In short I ended up having two (2) wheel alignments, O/S/F shock replaced as DRC pressure was 5, exhaust clamp, new MMI housing trim, new wiper blades and I had to pay for 4 new wheels. In the end I sourced a 6 month old set as I couldn't afford the £4000+ Audi wanted. However, I've got to admit I was very excited to pick it up and get out of our A4 TDI, and after asking numerous times are you sure everything is done I took it away happy until I got the car moving and onto a long straight on the A4 and long behold the steering wheel is sat in the 1 o'clock position...

Couldn't bare turning around so spent 3 hours cleaning her and trying to look past it just for today. I don't know how I can be so unlucky!
10.5 weeks!?!?!? And they missed the steering wheel position? I often think these blunders are on purpose just for absolute bants at the technician end. You booked back in?

I can't bare to book mine back in and that was only just over two weeks mate. Theyve fixed and replaced all this stuff but the creaking is worse. Real head scratcher How do you feel bud? Hope the wheels weren't too pricey. Sam was selling some mint condition delivery mileage ones on rs246.com. Spotless. About £1700. V spokes.

10.5 weeks!?!?!? And they missed the steering wheel position? I often think these blunders are on purpose just for absolute bants at the technician end. You booked back in?

I can't bare to book mine back in and that was only just over two weeks mate. Theyve fixed and replaced all this stuff but the creaking is worse. Real head scratcher How do you feel bud? Hope the wheels weren't too pricey. Sam was selling some mint condition delivery mileage ones on rs246.com. Spotless. About £1700. V spokes.

I'm scratching my head as well, bearing in mind a good friend spoke to the master technician who only works on RS cars, who confirmed everything was done. The only logical answer, is because they are so busy and so much had to be done to my car the advisers and the techs have not spoken at length. However, I did ask for it to be road tested; but I guess it wasn't! I did say to the centre that one more issue causing it to come back would be the final straw. I'm not sure how much more that is reasonable, its embarrassing.

I didn't realise Sam was selling a set, what a bummer, the ones I got were a bit cheaper and were from Ebay but the seller is a customer of the centre. They had a few slight marks and were on 275/30 tyres. I swapped them out with my old set of wheels and will either retail them back out or keep them. The bonus is they have never been refurbished and look a damn sight better than mine did.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and NevMan
Bit of mild decon today. Prepped for roadtrip tomorrow. The Gyeon ceramic coating is holding very well. Especially when topped off with Gyeon cure. Carpro PERL for the tyre dressing. These wheels are infinitely better now.
b0f76f18eb960af3e402df256aa96761.jpg
53c0587db0e1a507db2d39e8ab402ac9.jpg
b34e4a3b9e67a31b090b7bd341a95756.jpg
7ea384b0ed9a02cc7a5be26a258f218d.jpg
b592f1ac337e819649e2db3c569691dc.jpg
0310339ea33fb9434d058bdc934480dc.jpg
7eabab1b2533c032e9bcc7215441dc07.jpg

Reactions: Bristle Hound, no_idea, NevMan and 1 other person
I'm scratching my head as well, bearing in mind a good friend spoke to the master technician who only works on RS cars, who confirmed everything was done. The only logical answer, is because they are so busy and so much had to be done to my car the advisers and the techs have not spoken at length. However, I did ask for it to be road tested; but I guess it wasn't! I did say to the centre that one more issue causing it to come back would be the final straw. I'm not sure how much more that is reasonable, its embarrassing.

I didn't realise Sam was selling a set, what a bummer, the ones I got were a bit cheaper and were from Ebay but the seller is a customer of the centre. They had a few slight marks and were on 275/30 tyres. I swapped them out with my old set of wheels and will either retail them back out or keep them. The bonus is they have never been refurbished and look a damn sight better than mine did.
That's a result mate. Naked fresh wheels? I hear ya though. You can only put up with so many faults. Flaws ya can deal with. And the car has a few but, that's part of its charm.

Bit of mild decon today. Prepped for roadtrip tomorrow. The Gyeon ceramic coating is holding very well. Especially when topped off with Gyeon cure. Carpro PERL for the tyre dressing. These wheels are infinitely better now.

Mate, she is looking superb

I think the ones Sam was selling were titanium Rotors not V spokes.
Glad you have it sorted, shame you had to stump up the cash. Can you re-claim anything from the refurb company?

Looking good, enjoy the roadtrip. Where are you going?

I think the ones Sam was selling were titanium Rotors not V spokes.
Glad you have it sorted, shame you had to stump up the cash. Can you re-claim anything from the refurb company?

Cheers mate, refurb coming were contracted by the centre, so in short, I have no contract with them, even though they damaged my car. Frankly, I held them liable since picking up the car but the centre states that the wheels were up to standard of a used approved vehicle.

That's a result mate. Naked fresh wheels? I hear ya though. You can only put up with so many faults. Flaws ya can deal with. And the car has a few but, that's part of its charm.

It was wheels and tyres which was good, so a full set! Perfect for winter I guess. Just a quick question, have you noticed the car changing down gears quite violently before? Happens in both comfort and individual (your settings). I can't remember if it used to do it, especially as it was so long ago and because I had only just picked it up I was a bit cautious.

I also noted that it really doesn't feel stable in corners, whether that is because the steering wheel isn't straight or something else, I'm not sure. Appreciate your opinion as I know you mentioned this previously.

It was wheels and tyres which was good, so a full set! Perfect for winter I guess. Just a quick question, have you noticed the car changing down gears quite violently before? Happens in both comfort and individual (your settings). I can't remember if it used to do it, especially as it was so long ago and because I had only just picked it up I was a bit cautious.

I also noted that it really doesn't feel stable in corners, whether that is because the steering wheel isn't straight or something else, I'm not sure. Appreciate your opinion as I know you mentioned this previously.
Haha.

It's not funny, it's just how you said "Maybe because the steering wheel isn't straight". Feels like a carry on film with this car sometimes. Or Benny Hill.

I don't mind giving my opinion at all mate. I'm glad this thread is active. Helps others out.

Well, if your DRC was 'fixed', I can only say...I'd be wary. I'll be honest, went on a car meet/trip yesterday. Mainly motorway but some quick tight bits. Car felt atrocious. No body roll and car feels tighter. But it's so out of sorts. In corners. It just feels unbalanced and sloppy. Alarmingly so. On way back, the creaking (now knocking) was getting worse.

Today, it's knackered. I'm probably not going to drive it. I'm getting the car sent back. Loud knocking and rattling from both front and rear. Sounds like something bumping around the boot. Which I'm sure it's not. Everything is tied down. Over every imperfection now it's knocking and feels loose. Getting worse. It's across all DRC platforms this mate. And it's pretty poor how Audi are still having this crap even in the B9.

I think I was fobbed off with this new rear diff replacement. As the underlying problem I got the car picked up for was not only not sorted, it's alarmingly worse. I'm not paying for this. The car has had issues 4 out of the 6 months of ownership. I'll let you know what they say tomorrow. But I think the car should be picked up and not driven. Read this:

https://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=130683

These are my symptoms. How could they have missed this if they replaced bushes, DRC lines, rear diff and then re-pressurised the DRC. Sounds like shocks and accumulators? Oh, and my refurbed wheels are bubbling and chipping off again.

This is the last chance I'm giving them/it. Then I'm selling it if problems persist. My mates C63 is running beautifully. Granted, there are always had issues with cars but just read the forums. DRC is not a reliable system. On any Audi platform. I feel ya pain mate. If you don't have the above symptoms, I wouldn't jump the gun. But ultimately, you know your car mate. If it feels wrong, it's wrong.

Haha.

It's not funny, it's just how you said "Maybe because the steering wheel isn't straight". Feels like a carry on film with this car sometimes. Or Benny Hill.

I don't mind giving my opinion at all mate. I'm glad this thread is active. Helps others out.

Well, if your DRC was 'fixed', I can only say...I'd be wary. I'll be honest, went on a car meet/trip yesterday. Mainly motorway but some quick tight bits. Car felt atrocious. No body roll and car feels tighter. But it's so out of sorts. In corners. It just feels unbalanced and sloppy. Alarmingly so. On way back, the creaking (now knocking) was getting worse.

Today, it's knackered. I'm probably not going to drive it. I'm getting the car sent back. Loud knocking and rattling from both front and rear. Sounds like something bumping around the boot. Which I'm sure it's not. Everything is tied down. Over every imperfection now it's knocking and feels loose. Getting worse. It's across all DRC platforms this mate. And it's pretty poor how Audi are still having this **** even in the B9.

I think I was fobbed off with this new rear diff replacement. As the underlying problem I got the car picked up for was not only not sorted, it's alarmingly worse. I'm not paying for this. The car has had issues 4 out of the 6 months of ownership. I'll let you know what they say tomorrow. But I think the car should be picked up and not driven. Read this:

https://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=130683

These are my symptoms. How could they have missed this if they replaced bushes, DRC lines, rear diff and then re-pressurised the DRC. Sounds like shocks and accumulators? Oh, and my refurbed wheels are bubbling and chipping off again.

This is the last chance I'm giving them/it. Then I'm selling it if problems persist. My mates C63 is running beautifully. Granted, there are always had issues with cars but just read the forums. DRC is not a reliable system. On any Audi platform. I feel ya pain mate. If you don't have the above symptoms, I wouldn't jump the gun. But ultimately, you know your car mate. If it feels wrong, it's wrong.

Mate, that doesn't sound good. I can understand your frustration, see what they have to say once they have looked at it.

Oh. Didn't answer transmission question.

Car only downshifts aggressively in dynamic or sport. Or dynamic individual setting for the transmission. If in comfort, it should be as smooth as dual clutch can do mate. 2nd to 1st and 1st to 2nd can be clunky but not aggressive.

Mate, that doesn't sound good. I can understand your frustration, see what they have to say once they have looked at it.

Yeah it's ********. I was moving g the car in the car park. D1 foot off of the gas and there was a loud bang/vibration. As we were right beside the dual carriageway at services, I presumed it was a big waggon. As I didn't drive over anything.

As the car felt awful after that, I can only guess. Ugh. This is not what I had in mind. I really dug into to the cars history and warranty cover. But today was just sheer confirmation. I'm preparing to be fobbed off. Audi UK are still tracking the original complaint so I'll update them tomorrow also. What a farce. Other cars do great without DRC. Is what it is. I'm researching/looking into the S6 Saloon. Lowered in VAGCOM, AWE Exhaust, stage 1. Beast. The prestige of an RS4 that is shaky and unreliable is wearing off.

But I'd like to see them fix it and have it how it should be. That would be nice tbh.

Yeah it's ********. I was moving g the car in the car park. D1 foot off of the gas and there was a loud bang/vibration. As we were right beside the dual carriageway at services, I presumed it was a big waggon. As I didn't drive over anything.

As the car felt awful after that, I can only guess. Ugh. This is not what I had in mind. I really dug into to the cars history and warranty cover. But today was just sheer confirmation. I'm preparing to be fobbed off. Audi UK are still tracking the original complaint so I'll update them tomorrow also. What a farce. Other cars do great without DRC. Is what it is. I'm researching/looking into the S6 Saloon. Lowered in VAGCOM, AWE Exhaust, stage 1. Beast. The prestige of an RS4 that is shaky and unreliable is wearing off.

But I'd like to see them fix it and have it how it should be. That would be nice tbh.

What a shame mate, you really did delve into the history, but it really does appear that these animals need some serious maintenance, and more so those with DRC. Certainly an option I won’t be looking for in next one.

Hope you get it sorted

Reactions: no_idea and Thundercliffe81
What a shame mate, you really did delve into the history, but it really does appear that these animals need some serious maintenance, and more so those with DRC. Certainly an option I won’t be looking for in next one.

Hope you get it sorted
You'd be lucky to find one without it but yeah, I'd have liked to have tried one without DRC. Cheers, I'll keep you all posted.

Reactions: no_idea and NevMan
You'd be lucky to find one without it but yeah, I'd have liked to have tried one without DRC. Cheers, I'll keep you all posted.

Pat cars did seem to have DRC, it is a great system when it works.
It will be interesting to see if the B9 has issues.

Pat cars did seem to have DRC, it is a great system when it works.
It will be interesting to see if the B9 has issues.

It does. Which honestly surprised me. The thread I linked from rs246.com ^^^ I originally thought was an RS6 or B8 platform thread. Interesting read.

Good news.

The DRC is fine.

The knocking turned out to be... Wait for it...the calliper banging off my wheel! The lower half wasn't bolted. Not sure how Audi missed this but no harm, no foul.

Car feels good now. Still some brake shudder coming down from high speeds but nothing I'm going to get upset about. Give up with the brakes on this thing haha.

Still got the itch though. But going to give it some time. With all this S6 nonsense going on, be good to pick up a C7.5 at a steal.

0C64135C 4AD8 4E6F 89EF 1D3B8F8497FA 75083D6B A8DA 44DA ABB7 13B66C2EA318 E396C427 7117 4EFA BF14 F5355C774324 E234090B 5888 4CF0 913A 18E563BFCAB3 Afternoon lads.
Noticed it’s been a bit quiet on here lately and was wondering what’s been happening with you all concerning your RS4.
Have issues from Audi been resolved? are youse enjoying your cars?

Mines was back home in Scotland for a few days and while there it had its 40k service, also new disc/pads fitted all round, bells of the discs ceramic coated, callipers and wheels...looks great.
And a very enjoyable drive back down to South Wales after collection.
Couple of pics of the 4.FD612EAF E9E3 4B43 BA2C A9825F3BB916

Attachments

• F5837E15-8AB5-44CF-9A30-BA44C729729B.jpeg
    F5837E15-8AB5-44CF-9A30-BA44C729729B.jpeg
    336.9 KB · Views: 228
Reactions: Thundercliffe81, Rab. and NevMan
View attachment 182313 View attachment 182312 View attachment 182309 View attachment 182311 Afternoon lads.
Noticed it’s been a bit quiet on here lately and was wondering what’s been happening with you all concerning your RS4.

Mines was back home in Scotland for a few days and while there it had its 40k service, also new disc/pads fitted all round, bells of the discs ceramic coated, callipers and wheels...looks great.
Couple of pics of the 4.View attachment 182308

Looking TOP TOP quality mate

View attachment 182313 View attachment 182312 View attachment 182309 View attachment 182311 Afternoon lads.

Couple of pics of the 4.View attachment 182308
That's such a nice spec. Genuinely.

Been busy with wedding stuff. I agree, thread got a bit quiet. A lots happened though. Hard to consolidate it haha.

Basically, went driving round Wales this weekend. Bit of a road trip with the lads. And wow. Wales has the best roads, discipline and fun factor in the UK. Hands down. I seen two potholes all weekend and they were on a dirt track 5m apart from each other. Incredible quality of surface, variation, sweeping roads and long visibility ahead. I'll be going back. Not to mention the scenery and lack of plod. Scotland is arguably more beautiful with better roads the higher you get but, plod and traffic ruin it for petrolheads I think. Jury still out.

Car wise, it handled brilliantly. I pushed it harder than ever and funnily, it was probably the best it's ever been. With traction set to sport, damping in auto and the Milltek on loud, when thrashing it, it was sublime. Understeer happened 'once' and there were some serious speeds involved. Turn in and steering feel is night and day different with traction half off. A lot more power to rear.

It's an odd car. For its size, capability and practicality, it's hard to want more. It's just the torque. This weekend, I lived at no less than 5000rpm for the majority. And that's where it excels obviously. Kept up with 530bhp C63 and much lighter, compact SLK55 AMG. But in daily situations, to get that 'shove' or thrill, it's very difficult unless you absolutely pin it. And that's where I now see Chris Harris'(s?) point. I've genuinely learned to physically appreciate what torque 'is' because of owning this car. And it's a very tangible thing that has impacted my enjoyment of it. That, and sound insulation haha.

I think this is personal preference tbh. It's something lacking that I'd like to have in a performance car. But as a package, it's brilliant. All the initial issues appear to be sorted now. Ferodo DS2500 Pads were mega this weekend. Things might be happening soon at work which will mean selling the car anyway by end of year and I've got some interesting cars I'd like to try.

Showing off my detailing skills. Sufficed to say, Wales instantly took care of this finish the next day haha.
edc053859b4ebacc57fc6d8758a79f87.jpg
4d017f6a4039516585753273db1ee4c4.jpg
ed0c0976fce49eaa1a71824e62d75592.jpg
04e92a43c12c6ae6b6ca4274ff8594e4.jpg

Reactions: V6_Man and NevMan
Update from me to then.

Put the summers on the rotors. Got an almost instant problem with vibrations that i didnt have with the winters. We saw when mounting the tires that one wheel was a bit crooked. So we tried to rebalance the wheel again. Same problem. Giving me crazy vibrations between 60km/h-100km/h Normal speed here in sweden is around 50-100Km/h so i decided to buy new rims. When with the LND Forged in 10.5x20" and ET28.

Testfitted them on the ceramics... And would you know. They DON'T clear the caliper... Alright. 5mm spacer on. They fit. The fit is so tight without spacer that it would probably clear with a 2mm spacer instead of 5, but that's what we had access to at the moment. Mounted up the 265/30-20 Eagle F1 Assy 3. Its a bit stretchy for me.
Rs4 5

Rs4 6
Rs4 7

So. Mounted on the car, 5mm spacer all around. Looks badass, when driving. But after 10-15 minutes of driving, Same problem again. Vibrations. Same speed as before... So we decided to check the wheels, removed the tires, threw it up in the balancer again without tires. Looks a bit off. We decided that the wheels are shiet. They look crooked and needed more weights than we thought it should. 60 grams along the spokes. All vibrations felt like it was coming from the rear of the car. So we swapped sides on the rear tires. Left tire on right rim and vice versa. Than i went home again and tried how it felt. IT WAS EVEN WORSE this time. This time the vibrations are from 60-140Km/h. So we decided get 4 new wheels. I called my Goodyear guy and talked about the problem, and the response i got was, "It's the tires, i will send you new ones, Could we change the size? Suuuure!" So we got 4 new rims, And 4 new Goodyear tires. This Time 285/25-20 Eagle f1 assy 2.

Fitted them up, Mounted them and testdrove. And the problem is gone. I got it fixed on tuesday the 14/5 and on the 20/5 i go on a big 4000km roadtrip in norway and sweden :) So i'm really happy it all got sorted. Been a couple of stressed days since 8/5 when we mounted the first set...

Now som bad pictures of the final result with the 285's.
Rs4 2

Rs4 4

Rs4 1

Rs4 3

So what now you say? Well. I have ordered a Supersprint X pipe for the car. Was hoping to get it before the roadtrip but does not seem to be happening :/ 16/5 on thursday we are going to swap the brakefluid for RBF 660, Doing the serpentinbelt and tensioner because the last owner did not to it on the 90000km service. And it seems to be slipping when reving from idle. I have also removed the front license plate as you can see, The plate will go back on for the roadtrip. There will be loads of pics from the roadtrip on my instagram @RudolfRS4.

I Also had a problem with passenger seat not locking in the rail, shop removed the seat and found a piece of plastic that you couldnt see when it was mounted. Simple and free fix! Left indicator in the mirror has been replaced because it broke.

Reactions: Pinky1959, V6_Man, Thundercliffe81 and 1 other person
Update from me to then.

Put the summers on the rotors. Got an almost instant problem with vibrations that i didnt have with the winters. We saw when mounting the tires that one wheel was a bit crooked. So we tried to rebalance the wheel again. Same problem. Giving me crazy vibrations between 60km/h-100km/h Normal speed here in sweden is around 50-100Km/h so i decided to buy new rims. When with the LND Forged in 10.5x20" and ET28.

Testfitted them on the ceramics... And would you know. They DON'T clear the caliper... Alright. 5mm spacer on. They fit. The fit is so tight without spacer that it would probably clear with a 2mm spacer instead of 5, but that's what we had access to at the moment. Mounted up the 265/30-20 Eagle F1 Assy 3. Its a bit stretchy for me.
View attachment 182512
View attachment 182513 View attachment 182515
So. Mounted on the car, 5mm spacer all around. Looks badass, when driving. But after 10-15 minutes of driving, Same problem again. Vibrations. Same speed as before... So we decided to check the wheels, removed the tires, threw it up in the balancer again without tires. Looks a bit off. We decided that the wheels are shiet. They look crooked and needed more weights than we thought it should. 60 grams along the spokes. All vibrations felt like it was coming from the rear of the car. So we swapped sides on the rear tires. Left tire on right rim and vice versa. Than i went home again and tried how it felt. IT WAS EVEN WORSE this time. This time the vibrations are from 60-140Km/h. So we decided get 4 new wheels. I called my Goodyear guy and talked about the problem, and the response i got was, "It's the tires, i will send you new ones, Could we change the size? Suuuure!" So we got 4 new rims, And 4 new Goodyear tires. This Time 285/25-20 Eagle f1 assy 2.

Fitted them up, Mounted them and testdrove. And the problem is gone. I got it fixed on tuesday the 14/5 and on the 20/5 i go on a big 4000km roadtrip in norway and sweden :) So i'm really happy it all got sorted. Been a couple of stressed days since 8/5 when we mounted the first set...

Now som bad pictures of the final result with the 285's.
View attachment 182508
View attachment 182510
View attachment 182507
View attachment 182509

So what now you say? Well. I have ordered a Supersprint X pipe for the car. Was hoping to get it before the roadtrip but does not seem to be happening :/ 16/5 on thursday we are going to swap the brakefluid for RBF 660, Doing the serpentinbelt and tensioner because the last owner did not to it on the 90000km service. And it seems to be slipping when reving from idle. I have also removed the front license plate as you can see, The plate will go back on for the roadtrip. There will be loads of pics from the roadtrip on my instagram @RudolfRS4.

I Also had a problem with passenger seat not locking in the rail, shop removed the seat and found a piece of plastic that you couldnt see when it was mounted. Simple and free fix! Left indicator in the mirror has been replaced because it broke.
Wow.

That sounded very stressful! I admire your diligence though and fault finding attitude. Kudos to you. The rims look stunning. Great firment. Very OEM+. The first tyre set was definitely stretchy!! Haha.

Wow 10.5 - a whole 25mm wider than standard. Not a wonder you needed 285mm tyres versus stock of 265 On the 9.5’s

Looks good, but given wheel and tyre spec your overall wheel is smaller than OEM.

You might need to lower her now ...