B8 Sepang B8 RS4 Owners Thread

Hehe, That car history is just a small bunch of them... lets se if a rememeber all ^^ 73' camaro,88' 325i M tech II, 98' 540IA Touring, 00' Red S4 Avant, 09' Evo X, 06' C55 AMG, 04' Nogaro S4 Avant, 99' White S4 Avant, 04' Flash green V70R, 16' S60 Polestar, 06' red 997 carrera S Aero kit, 16' Golf R, 18' Rs3 and 13' Sepang RS4 now :tearsofjoy: and some non mentiable inbetweeners :p

Will put togehter a post with some pics and info on my car :)

Damn son!!

That is quite strong haha. A fair few S4s in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
I have bought my first rs4, 2013, Sepang, Ceramics, buckets, mmi, B&O and black interior of course the RS exhaust system and sportdiff. 90000km isch. So happy with the car. Had it for a week now :)

9E4757A2 4AA7 4651 AC34 2085ABAE2FCF

Look at those meaty buckets!
5E9F6D8B 80F7 4384 B314 27AFC9728105

Debadged the RS4 emblem, might remove the rings to, love the clean look
60F254C5 1622 4B59 8085 53B2CD33637A

725776CA 539E 4EBB B838 7D949D1E5BB1

Carbon interior
BE24D116 3F46 49DF BE32 382B7642BBC8

So far i have opened up the valves and removed the sound deadning inside the hood, it gave a bit more sound to the car, we will gut the resonators some night and see what that gives, plan is to go with a supersprint X-Pipe later on. Will do some more later on, LED kit will be ordered, spacers, refurb the stock rotors, winters are now on them.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81, V6_Man and NevMan
I have bought my first rs4, 2013, Sepang, Ceramics, buckets, mmi, B&O and black interior of course the RS exhaust system and sportdiff. 90000km isch. So happy with the car. Had it for a week now :)

View attachment 174046

View attachment 174047

View attachment 174049
View attachment 174050

Carbon interior
View attachment 174051

So far i have opened up the valves and removed the sound deadning inside the hood, it gave a bit more sound to the car, we will gut the resonators some night and see what that gives, plan is to go with a supersprint X-Pipe later on. Will do some more later on, LED kit will be ordered, spacers, refurb the stock rotors, winters are now on them.

Very nice mate
Oh, and love the car history past and present

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Hehe, That car history is just a small bunch of them... lets se if a rememeber all ^^ 73' camaro,88' 325i M tech II, 98' 540IA Touring, 00' Red S4 Avant, 09' Evo X, 06' C55 AMG, 04' Nogaro S4 Avant, 99' White S4 Avant, 04' Flash green V70R, 16' S60 Polestar, 06' red 997 carrera S Aero kit, 16' Golf R, 18' Rs3 and 13' Sepang RS4 now :tearsofjoy: and some non mentiable inbetweeners :p

Will put togehter a post with some pics and info on my car :)

This some car history mate and a very nice looking RS you've got here

Reactions: NevMan and Thundercliffe81

View attachment 174046

View attachment 174047

View attachment 174049
View attachment 174050

Carbon interior
View attachment 174051

That is niiiiiiice.

Love the fourth photo. The rotors really suit it. When I have the funds, I'm going to pick some rotors up. The LED kit adds a really good daily upgrade to it I think. From what I've seen. Cheap too. That's on my radar. Just a really clean example you've got there. Love it.

Agreed - the silver rotors look great. It’s a shame they are heavier than the v-spokes otherwise they’d have more appeal!

View attachment 174046

View attachment 174047

View attachment 174049
View attachment 174050

Carbon interior
View attachment 174051

Are the buckets comfortable? Long journey wise? I find the manual adjustment a bit annoying. Audi say weight saving but really...haha. You don't buy this car to save weight. At least they're still Heated

Are the buckets comfortable? Long journey wise? I find the manual adjustment a bit annoying. Audi say weight saving but really...haha. You don't buy this car to save weight. At least they're still Heated

Im a big guy, 185cm and like 130kg or something, i fit pretty good and comfy, most time so far is about just over an hour or so. Its pretty comfy for a bucket. I have sn 4 hour journey coming up this week, i will update on the feeling, bought the car last tursday :)

Im a big guy, 185cm and like 130kg or something, i fit pretty good and comfy, most time so far is about just over an hour or so. Its pretty comfy for a bucket. I have sn 4 hour journey coming up this week, i will update on the feeling, bought the car last tursday :)

Excellent. Reason I ask is, I was interested in the Limited Edition model one day. When they drop down by another 50%. Maybe as a project car or long termer. Obviously they come with exclusive buckets. Cheers

Did my first wash yesterday, love this paint!

But first, some donuts
9EC3AFAA EAE4 4397 9C5A F985768216B5

That gloss!
B7A802EE DC2A 4F37 A13F 709DF7F827A6

0FAC9C8B AC8F 4A1C B9BE 44EC06BF045A

F63E0CED FEED 4152 A738 57250F03E1CB

Reactions: NevMan, Thundercliffe81 and V6_Man
Looks great! What's it like in the snow? We can only hope to let ours loose in the UK!

Its amazing, Much more of a brut to handle than my old RS3. That thing is no problem having wheelspinn at 70mph and just sliding on a straight road. Do that with rs4... It will kill you :tearsofjoy: with the sportdiff and 265 tires without studs is an adventure, it kicks out nicely and you can steer it with the loud pedal if you want to. Book in a roadtrip to sweden then, Amazing country with amazing scenery ;)

Reactions: NevMan, V6_Man and Thundercliffe81
Its amazing, Much more of a brut to handle than my old RS3. That thing is no problem having wheelspinn at 70mph and just sliding on a straight road. Do that with rs4... It will kill you :tearsofjoy: with the sportdiff and 265 tires without studs is an adventure, it kicks out nicely and you can steer it with the loud pedal if you want to. Book in a roadtrip to sweden then, Amazing country with amazing scenery ;)

I'd love to do a Scandinavian road trip. Some cracking roads and scenery from what I've seen.

Reactions: NevMan and V6_Man

As promised, After doing about 5hours yesterday (about 3 hour stint and a 2 hour stint with 1 hour dinner break) and roughly 450km i can say i am very suprised by the seats, Really comfy even after a bunch of hours, tried out the auto setting on the chassi (always riding comfort otherwise) and found it pretty nice! Of course the sport seats are more comfy, but these are not bad, i have some back problems, but no issue at all! But, We all have diffrent buts and backs ;) and now the car is dirty as F**k again... The roadtrip was for picking up some parts from a scrapped RS4, A wing for my buddys S4 b8.5 and som rear rotors that did 24000km only for 250 euros :thumbs up: will have them milled/resurfaced and then they will go on the car with new pads.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and NevMan
As promised, After doing about 5hours yesterday (about 3 hour stint and a 2 hour stint with 1 hour dinner break) and roughly 450km i can say i am very suprised by the seats, Really comfy even after a bunch of hours, tried out the auto setting on the chassi (always riding comfort otherwise) and found it pretty nice! Of course the sport seats are more comfy, but these are not bad, i have some back problems, but no issue at all! But, We all have diffrent buts and backs ;) and now the car is dirty as F**k again... The roadtrip was for picking up some parts from a scrapped RS4, A wing for my buddys S4 b8.5 and som rear rotors that did 24000km only for 250 euros :thumbs up: will have them milled/resurfaced and then they will go on the car with new pads.

€250?! I'd love some rotors. They're high on my list but after getting brakes done yesterday, it's gonna be a long long wait haha.

That's good to know about the seats. Mine are really comfy but I'm not a huge guy. I get chucked about a bit. Haha. I wish Audi took a page out of AMG's book!

d45ee4b6f5f8b625ad75a9353b16e3e4.jpg

They'll never look this good again. Ferodo DS2500 pads so after they're bedded in, I'll let you know how they do.

2b15cd7939f49fd229a8d017616f0b89.jpg

Topping up screenwash so thought "Why not...", here's a photo of the beating heart. Haha.

Reactions: V6_Man and NevMan

They'll never look this good again. Ferodo DS2500 pads so after they're bedded in, I'll let you know how they do.

Topping up screenwash so thought "Why not...", here's a photo of the beating heart. Haha.

And ONE HELL of a beating heart mate

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and V6_Man

And I agree with @q5man. V8 is pure

Well all this snow has hidden the RS4! Wondering what it would be like as a snow plow! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

161083-379c64fbda4b84213304816b79f8dde9.jpg

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and NevMan
Well all this snow has hidden the RS4! Wondering what it would be like as a snow plow! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

161083-379c64fbda4b84213304816b79f8dde9.jpg

Be honest. Did you pack that snow up in front of it just to test this theory out? Haha. There's some good YouTube clips of this. Wagons are weapons.

Like @Tashfeen, I can see a performance on the horizon, but probably a couple years yet

I think all these old school cars are gonna be quite accessible for years to come if I'm honest. Everything is changing.

Be honest. Did you pack that snow up in front of it just to test this theory out? Haha. There's some good YouTube clips of this. Wagons are weapons.

Haha, its surprising how easy it was to bury it mate. I did take it out very briefly as it was a bit squeamish in the snow.

Haha, its surprising how easy it was to bury it mate. I did take it out very briefly as it was a bit squeamish in the snow.

Got winters on?

Reactions: HB14
Na, just P-Zero's which have been renown for being **** in colder weathers.

Yeah they go pretty hard like most Performance summers. I'm looking forward to getting mine back on so I can obliterate them and buy some pilot sports for spring 2020 haha.

Reactions: HB14 and NevMan
Well, my time yet again with my RS4 is cut short as it returned to the dealer for a further time. Noticed a clunk from the front O/S over bumps and then noticed the car has dropped to the right, so didn't want to take a risk with DRC. Plus while its there they are going to fit 4 brand new alloys thanks to the poor diamond wheel refurbishment that has now made them unrepairable, along with the 4 wheel alignment. For my troubles I have the pleasure of an A1!

Well, my time yet again with my RS4 is cut short as it returned to the dealer for a further time. Noticed a clunk from the front O/S over bumps and then noticed the car has dropped to the right, so didn't want to take a risk with DRC. Plus while its there they are going to fit 4 brand new alloys thanks to the poor diamond wheel refurbishment that has now made them unrepairable, along with the 4 wheel alignment. For my troubles I have the pleasure of an A1!

This is great news for the alloys but not on the DRC front. I hope it just needs re-pressurised. You seem to have caught it early though! You got any pics of how it's sitting?

HB14.

I’ve the exact same issue with mines, clunking sound going over bumps but nothing major.
And while it was sitting in car park it had dropped on the right hand side also.
I’m going to look more into this tomorrow now after reading your message.
I’ve done over 10k in it now and noticed it a few weeks after buying it but just hadn’t had the time to get it looked at.
Infact it’ll be next week as I remember I’ve an operation on Thursday.
Keep us all informed and what they tell you is the cause!!!
Shouldn’t there be an oil Leak to what ever side that drops!!!

HB14.

I’ve the exact same issue with mines, clunking sound going over bumps but nothing major.
And while it was sitting in car park it had dropped on the right hand side also.
I’m going to look more into this tomorrow now after reading your message.
I’ve done over 10k in it now and noticed it a few weeks after buying it but just hadn’t had the time to get it looked at.
Infact it’ll be next week as I remember I’ve an operation on Thursday.
Keep us all informed and what they tell you is the cause!!!
Shouldn’t there be an oil Leak to what ever side that drops!!!

Got any pics?

Nope nothing bud.
I’ll take some if it’s light enough on the street when I get in.
It’s getting new discs and pads all round and full service on the 15th so was getting it looked at then.
Nice upgrades you’ve made on yours, how’s the DS pads?

Nope nothing bud.
I’ll take some if it’s light enough on the street when I get in.
It’s getting new discs and pads all round and full service on the 15th so was getting it looked at then.
Nice upgrades you’ve made on yours, how’s the DS pads?

Still bedding everything in. Getting better every day. Just taking it easy for first couple of hundred miles.

Rear discs getting an even distribution of pad and fronts taking longer due to different compound.

Anyway, reason I ask about DRC Pics is mine is starting to sit a bit low at the rear. Interestingly on both sides though. Not diagonally opposed. I'm not getting any clunks or anything untoward and it's been that way a month I think. Now, I've got a marginally weighted rucksack in the boot with other detailing goodies but certainly nothing over 12kg. I'm gonna take it out and double check but I honestly don't think it's that. I've checked through all my photos and seen nothing so it's got to be recent.

Guys, have a read...

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/530626-DRC-Failure-symptoms-sagging

Interesting this. I'm going to measure mine tomorrow in the daylight. Chris didn't see any leaking last week when brakes were getting done and I reckon he'd have said if the springs or bushings etc were looking ********/worn/shot.

Although this is about the B7, it's interesting to note that the rear sits a bit lower as default.

Jeez, if I EVER afford or plumb for RS, sounds like I should stay away from DRC.

These beasts do “seem” to be somewhat temperamental. C63s it is

Jeez, if I EVER afford or plumb for RS, sounds like I should stay away from DRC.

These beasts do “seem” to be somewhat temperamental. C63s it is

I'd consider that if I was you haha.

No pictures, in short I can get two fingers in the left front wheel arch comfortably and on the right its a bit of a squeeze. We reckon in the 6 days I have had the car back after the first visit its dropped around quarter of an inch. Although no exact measurements taken. They are going to run DRC pressure check and see what happens.