B8 Sepang B8 RS4 Owners Thread

Thundercliffe81

Reaction score
Evening everyone.

Just saying hello as I've popped over from the B9 S4 Forum. Started an advice on next car thread a while ago and was well chuffed with the support I got. Brought me all the way from looking at various cars but in the end, it was always gonna be my dream car.

Over the moon with it. Thought it right to continue that interest and good chat with everyone on the RS4 forum.

After an absolute cracking collection day at the weekend gone just there and utterly ringing it's neck out (wow, 8250rpm!), it was a chilled drive today. Commute.

Returning 29.1mpg. Half tank showing 150 mile range. Nothing more than pure curiosity. I never really boot it to work anyway. Car is starting random conversations I've never had with strangers before. Tut, strangers. I mean car enthusiasts haha. It's really cool actually. It's welcomed.

Couple of old boys playing golf walked past without realising I was sat in car. "****** niiiiice looking motor that, Geoff innit?!" I was waving at them for about 5 secs before they realised haha. Ended up chatting.

Tried the Aviva drive app challenge. Cheers @Daggerit !! ****** melted my sim card and my phone casing is bent and the screen has melted upwards out of its housing! Screw AVIVA! What a nightmare. So might need new phone if they won't replace under warranty. Bizarre day. Petrol Ped on YouTube has had similar issue too. Sent off for repairs. Hate to think of the radiation/heat required to do that. Just from using location services (?).

Anyway, low end rumble with my patented 'seat delete' (one back seat down) is sensational. Valves open of course. Booked in for stage 1 detail and ceramic coating start of next month. That will be great just in time for winter.

Other things:

http://emtuning.co.uk/shop/a4-b8-led-interior-kit/

Seems pretty darn reasonable and seen great results from @DeanoC

Miltek will happen in due course but be a while before I can afford that. About £7-800 difference with Res vs Non-Res Leaning towards Resonated just because of drone/boom in the cabin. Exterior sounds epic with the Non-Res from all I've seen on YouTube. But considering 65-70mph in cruise is over 2000rpm, it is a concern. As a daily. Be great to find some internal video clips of owners on here using either.

Winter tyres.

https://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details/toyo-snowprox-s954-265-30-r20-94-w-xl#225622352

Gonna give these a go. Will buy the 19" standard RS4 Alloys next year but again, will save up for them. Couldn't find Nokians for the 20" V spoke. I love them winter tyres as well. Tut.

Audi Connect:

Emailed customer service for a subscription considering I lost mine when I sold my B9 S4 back to Audi. Settled my negative equity in cash and wouldn't mind blagging an 18 month subscription to carry on using in the RS4. Think Google Earth freshens up the satnav a little bit. Traffic info is handy too. Worked quite well in the S4.

What else...oh. Air intakes? @Robbe had a suggestion but I can't remember what brand. Do they make a difference? Any experience? Torque too, anybody know how to boost it a bit? Exhaust do anything for it? Stage 1 might be a possibility but don't want to void warranty tbh. Just spitballing anyway, open to suggestions!

Ride quality seems alright you know. It's taken a fair kicking over the years in reviews but my fiancé' Fiat 500 is the benchmark for terrible in my eyes Steering in comfort doesn't feel as different as I thought from dynamic. At low speeds, yes. But normal driving, not so much.

On Collection day, me and my mate worked out that each manual downshift cost me about 10p Just kidding. But does it actually use quite a bit of fuel doing that? Apart from the obvious rev matching and engine use, I'm referring to the fuel ignition thing in the exhaust. It got a bit hot in there!

There'll be loads of other things but I'm gonna stay involved with this thread. Loving the car.

7a82f63ccdc9edfd395c4fdb3b94e0bc.jpg

9b6282e8bb46cdc8b26a6ccf73caf7ff.jpg

60b5e5e4dbb34da20e4f7167026ab5bc.jpg

4712849d42a2e1f5323adcbeead4588d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pinky1959, oli356, Terminator x and 4 others
Awesome looking car. I won’t tell you to enjoy as you obviously are already.:icon thumright:

Filter was by Pipercross.

https://performancecarparts.uk/pipercross-performance-panel-filter/pp1962/p-13000.html

Never got to fit mine but there are some videos on YouTube

Very jealous and brings back a lot of memories of owning one and the looks you get.

Enjoy.

Thank bro.

I'd seriously consider just getting out of PCP mate. I was very surprised with the offer I got from my dealer. Brought my negative equity down a big chunk. Do the math. Is your negative equity more now than what you'd pay over x amount of months/years? It will be but a fraction of it mate. Lesser of two evils. Crunch them numbers hard! Literally just watched the new Audi UK advert and it promotes PCP as 'ownership'. Shot in millennial town its self, Brighton. Haha. Wound me up. It's slightly off topic but it's relevant.

I don't discount the benefits of PCP. As a lifestyle choice. I did it myself for 6 years. But getting out of it is difficult once you consider the options. Voluntary termination always there of course. But, that would damage future finance options potentially. You belong in a V8 bro. Audi let you down with your RS4. Simple.

Reactions: NevMan and Robbe
Thank bro.

I'd seriously consider just getting out of PCP mate. I was very surprised with the offer I got from my dealer. Brought my negative equity down a big chunk. Do the math. Is your negative equity more now than what you'd pay over x amount of months/years? It will be but a fraction of it mate. Lesser of two evils. Crunch them numbers hard! Literally just watched the new Audi UK advert and it promotes PCP as 'ownership'. Shot in millennial town its self, Brighton. Haha. Wound me up. It's slightly off topic but it's relevant.

I don't discount the benefits of PCP. As a lifestyle choice. I did it myself for 6 years. But getting out of it is difficult once you consider the options. Voluntary termination always there of course. But, that would damage future finance options potentially. You belong in a V8 bro. Audi let you down with your RS4. Simple.

Earliest I can see me changing is in another 12 months. Not got the cash available atm, joys of owning a house!!! Need to at least get 1 winter out of new winters!! But you never know heart says RS6 performance so might have to scrimp and save for a year to make that happen.

Reactions: NevMan and Thundercliffe81
Earliest I can see me changing is in another 12 months. Not got the cash available atm, joys of owning a house!!! Need to at least get 1 winter out of new winters!! But you never know heart says RS6 performance so might have to scrimp and save for a year to make that happen.

Haha. Well yeah, get one winter then bad boys at least What's cheapest 6 Performance at present?

Reactions: Robbe
Haha. Well yeah, get one winter then bad boys at least What's cheapest 6 Performance at present?

Atm cheapest is around £60k!!! For 16 plate. So still expensive. But in about 18 months they should be down to the £40k range. Well I hope.

Might go get buy a lottery ticket.

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan and Thundercliffe81
Atm cheapest is around £60k!!! For 16 plate. So still expensive. But in about 18 months they should be down to the £40k range. Well I hope.

Might go get buy a lottery ticket.

You'll end up spending a fortune doing that. Could have sown I seen them low 50s recently on autotrader.

Reactions: NevMan
You'll end up spending a fortune doing that. Could have sown I seen them low 50s recently on autotrader.

Normal RS6 are in the £40k for a 14 plate with high mileage. So there are an option. Just prefer the the performance alloys.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and NevMan
Evening everyone.

Just saying hello as I've popped over from the B9 S4 Forum. Started an advice on next car thread a while ago and was well chuffed with the support I got. Brought me all the way from looking at various cars but in the end, it was always gonna be my dream car.

Over the moon with it. Thought it right to continue that interest and good chat with everyone on the RS4 forum.

After an absolute cracking collection day at the weekend gone just there and utterly ringing it's neck out (wow, 8250rpm!), it was a chilled drive today. Commute.

Returning 29.1mpg. Half tank showing 150 mile range. Nothing more than pure curiosity. I never really boot it to work anyway. Car is starting random conversations I've never had with strangers before. Tut, strangers. I mean car enthusiasts haha. It's really cool actually. It's welcomed.

Couple of old boys playing golf walked past without realising I was sat in car. "****** niiiiice looking motor that, Geoff innit?!" I was waving at them for about 5 secs before they realised haha. Ended up chatting.

Tried the Aviva drive app challenge. Cheers @Daggerit !! ****** melted my sim card and my phone casing is bent and the screen has melted upwards out of its housing! Screw AVIVA! What a nightmare. So might need new phone if they won't replace under warranty. Bizarre day. Petrol Ped on YouTube has had similar issue too. Sent off for repairs. Hate to think of the radiation/heat required to do that. Just from using location services (?).

Anyway, low end rumble with my patented 'seat delete' (one back seat down) is sensational. Valves open of course. Booked in for stage 1 detail and ceramic coating start of next month. That will be great just in time for winter.

Other things:

http://emtuning.co.uk/shop/a4-b8-led-interior-kit/

Seems pretty darn reasonable and seen great results from @DeanoC

Miltek will happen in due course but be a while before I can afford that. About £7-800 difference with Res vs Non-Res Leaning towards Resonated just because of drone/boom in the cabin. Exterior sounds epic with the Non-Res from all I've seen on YouTube. But considering 65-70mph in cruise is over 2000rpm, it is a concern. As a daily. Be great to find some internal video clips of owners on here using either.

Winter tyres.

https://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details/toyo-snowprox-s954-265-30-r20-94-w-xl#225622352

Gonna give these a go. Will buy the 19" standard RS4 Alloys next year but again, will save up for them. Couldn't find Nokians for the 20" V spoke. I love them winter tyres as well. Tut.

Audi Connect:

Emailed customer service for a subscription considering I lost mine when I sold my B9 S4 back to Audi. Settled my negative equity in cash and wouldn't mind blagging an 18 month subscription to carry on using in the RS4. Think Google Earth freshens up the satnav a little bit. Traffic info is handy too. Worked quite well in the S4.

What else...oh. Air intakes? @Robbe had a suggestion but I can't remember what brand. Do they make a difference? Any experience? Torque too, anybody know how to boost it a bit? Exhaust do anything for it? Stage 1 might be a possibility but don't want to void warranty tbh. Just spitballing anyway, open to suggestions!

Ride quality seems alright you know. It's taken a fair kicking over the years in reviews but my fiancé' Fiat 500 is the benchmark for terrible in my eyes Steering in comfort doesn't feel as different as I thought from dynamic. At low speeds, yes. But normal driving, not so much.

On Collection day, me and my mate worked out that each manual downshift cost me about 10p Just kidding. But does it actually use quite a bit of fuel doing that? Apart from the obvious rev matching and engine use, I'm referring to the fuel ignition thing in the exhaust. It got a bit hot in there!

There'll be loads of other things but I'm gonna stay involved with this thread. Loving the car.

7a82f63ccdc9edfd395c4fdb3b94e0bc.jpg

9b6282e8bb46cdc8b26a6ccf73caf7ff.jpg

60b5e5e4dbb34da20e4f7167026ab5bc.jpg

4712849d42a2e1f5323adcbeead4588d.jpg

Mate, that thread of your about advice on next car has honestly been one of the most enjoyable for sometime. It may sound odd, but really felt part of your search and experience. Thanks for the advice in our PM.

Enjoy the RS4, and look forward to updates in this thread

Reactions: boydyski and Thundercliffe81
I have the full interior led light upgrade and the led front indicators too. Very pleased with the improvement, I would definitely recommend it.
I will get around to doing an internal recording of the res Milltek I promise, but I am not sure how well it will come out.
Audi should give you another year on Connect updates no problem, I have just renewed mine for the second time. I do like the Google maps overlay. As you say it does bring a little bit of up to date technology to the old girl!
Watch the seat belts don't leave a dent in the leather if you leave the seat down for too long.
I generally leave the steering in comfort, it just gives a lighter feel at lower speeds.
Glad you picked the right car and once it has been detailed the Sepang will look the business.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and Thundercliffe81
Mate, that thread of your about advice on next car has honestly been one of the most enjoyable for sometime. It may sound odd, but really felt part of your search and experience. Thanks for the advice in our PM.

Enjoy the RS4, and look forward to updates in this thread

That, is what it's all about mate isn't it?! It's not going to be as thorough as Deano's thread but hey haha. I'll be active!

I have the full interior led light upgrade and the led front indicators too. Very pleased with the improvement, I would definitely recommend it.
I will get around to doing an internal recording of the res Milltek I promise, but I am not sure how well it will come out.
Audi should give you another year on Connect updates no problem, I have just renewed mine for the second time. I do like the Google maps overlay. As you say it does bring a little bit of up to date technology to the old girl!
Watch the seat belts don't leave a dent in the leather if you leave the seat down for too long.
I generally leave the steering in comfort, it just gives a lighter feel at lower speeds.
Glad you picked the right car and once it has been detailed the Sepang will look the business.

Good shout about the seat belts!! Will sort that in morning. Yes, get some milteky goodness recorded man. Vital consumer advice

I can't remember what's part of the interior lighting pack. Can you remind me please? So I get the right bulbs? Cheers.

Good shout about the seat belts!! Will sort that in morning. Yes, get some milteky goodness recorded man. Vital consumer advice

I can't remember what's part of the interior lighting pack. Can you remind me please? So I get the right bulbs? Cheers.

If you use that link above and select 'Avant with light pack' should be £69 that is everything you need and they are good quality. The front indicator ones I can't see on the site but if you message him he will let you know. I believe Trupps is a sponsor on here still?

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
@Thundercliffe81 I had followed your original thread with great interest mate and whilst you have managed to find your dream car, I am still on the hunt for my next one.

Had the S4 for nearly 2 plus years now and whilst I love the car especially after the remap I believe it is time to move on (wife disagrees though ).

My search actually started with a C63s coupé (W205) but with three kids between the ages of 9.5 and 6.5, I had to reconsider. I love the coupé but not the saloon and neither of them have enough leg room for the kids. I just don't like E63; it looks like a MILF of the car world... Just not me

The only reason for buying an AMG was sound - I love with how Merc V8 sounds or how they have managed to get that awesomeness from V6s on their '43' variants... Decat it and it's childhood dream ... Absolutely amazing!

But then sanity prevailed. I am an Audi guy. Period! Beamer and Merc interiors are way too bland. And that 'love' for an AMG was more like a one-night-stand. A car has to have a character and whilst some might disagree for me Audi ticks all the boxes...

To cut it short, my search for an RS continues. Like I mentioned above, the information on your original thread had been of immense help. I am also glad that I have @Robbe here who like I thinks along the same lines . I have seen a few RS6s and waiting for that right spec and price. So, fingers crossed!

Reactions: Thundercliffe81, NevMan and Robbe
Forgot to mention, not only your thread but also @Robbe 's and the troubles he had to go through when he bought the RS. It is these experiences and the openness of the fellow members and the sharing of them is what makes this forum so special. Keep it coming folks

Reactions: Thundercliffe81, NevMan and Robbe
If you use that link above and select 'Avant with light pack' should be £69 that is everything you need and they are good quality. The front indicator ones I can't see on the site but if you message him he will let you know. I believe Trupps is a sponsor on here still?

Yeah Trupps. That's what I got from Deanos thread mate.

@Thundercliffe81 I had followed your original thread with great interest mate and whilst you have managed to find your dream car, I am still on the hunt for my next one.

Had the S4 for nearly 2 plus years now and whilst I love the car especially after the remap I believe it is time to move on (wife disagrees though ).

My search actually started with a C63s coupé (W205) but with three kids between the ages of 9.5 and 6.5, I had to reconsider. I love the coupé but not the saloon and neither of them have enough leg room for the kids. I just don't like E63; it looks like a MILF of the car world... Just not me

The only reason for buying an AMG was sound - I love with how Merc V8 sounds or how they have managed to get that awesomeness from V6s on their '43' variants... Decat it and it's childhood dream ... Absolutely amazing!

But then sanity prevailed. I am an Audi guy. Period! Beamer and Merc interiors are way too bland. And that 'love' for an AMG was more like a one-night-stand. A car has to have a character and whilst some might disagree for me Audi ticks all the boxes...

To cut it short, my search for an RS continues. Like I mentioned above, the information on your original thread had been of immense help. I am also glad that I have @Robbe here who like I thinks along the same lines . I have seen a few RS6s and waiting for that right spec and price. So, fingers crossed!

Haha. "One night stand". That's actually a really good way of looking at the AMG prospect as an Audi fan boy. It's like that woman you just cannot ignore in the bar. You must get it out of your system. In the interest of equality, this role can of course be reversed. I want an AMG. Maybe a 507. The new 2019 C63s Estate looks the nuts too! One day. But I guarantee I'll come running back to Audi. I'm glad the thread and comments have such a helping hand in people's decisions. Certainly did in my case.

What RS6 you thinking? Spec?

Reactions: V6_Man
Forgot to mention, not only your thread but also @Robbe 's and the troubles he had to go through when he bought the RS. It is these experiences and the openness of the fellow members and the sharing of them is what makes this forum so special. Keep it coming folks

Oh definitely. Real world experience is night and day better than a YouTube review! My mate used to rave about his Mondeo ST220 forum and to this day, they still meet up and if they ever need work doing like change of brakes etc or just general maintenance, the guys will drive out of their way to help. I see what he was on about now, since I've been on these forums. It's a community as such.

Reactions: NevMan and V6_Man
Well.

If you have anything on your mind or for any reason at all Ill at ease, this car just melts it all away. Is it the best handling car? No. But from the cold start and over the moors in these gusty conditions with big branches, fallen trees, slippery leaves on road and even for sale signs strewn across country roads...this engine...this exhaust and grip. What a feeling.

Reactions: NevMan and Robbe
Colour looks amazing, what is it?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Colour looks amazing, what is it?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Sepang mate. Getting detailed and ceramic coated in a couple of weeks. It will look pretty deep then. Looking forward to that

Sepang mate. Getting detailed and ceramic coated in a couple of weeks. It will look pretty deep then. Looking forward to that

I did think it was a trick question, give my the title of the thread is Sepang B9 Thread

I did think it was a trick question, give my the title of the thread is Sepang B9 Thread

Even I missed that one. Or wouldn't have answered. B8 thread though sprint blue is quite similar I think. But a bit more washy looking. Sepang pearl effect is great.

Even I missed that one. Or wouldn't have answered. B8 thread though sprint blue is quite similar I think. But a bit more washy looking. Sepang pearl effect is great.

And I c*cked up, B8 not B9

With Audi Connect on the B8, was the sim card embedded in glovebox, the guy at Customer services applied for an extension for me and said the sim was in glovebox. is it just an external SIM card slot on the center console?

Good run out today. Downshifting into second then first when you pull up somewhere is just an event

So, sound...it's there. Even low end rumble is there. But with music on, it's not really. Which, hey, turn the music down right? I know. But I like me music. Thunderstruck + V8 = Good.

It's not going to be the Miltek. I've found the right sound. But it ain't cheap. However, it's really not the most expensive either and it's from a great brand. Every comment thread on YouTube for the Miltek non res highlights the same things. Sounds fantastic but drone is very very real. It's a great price I must admit and I do like the sound. But I think I'm gonna go MTM.

£2,880 from MTM direct. Not sure who imports here. MRC maybe?

6e3a59c1e8ac681a26590b19799d8668.jpg

Starting to build up a nice layer of dirt

Reactions: NevMan and no_idea
With Audi Connect on the B8, was the sim card embedded in glovebox, the guy at Customer services applied for an extension for me and said the sim was in glovebox. is it just an external SIM card slot on the center console?

SIM card is between the memory card slots, I use a data only EE SIM, 500mb/month for 12 months. About £15 I think.

SIM card is between the memory card slots, I use a data only EE SIM, 500mb/month for 12 months. About £15 I think.

Ahhhh. That's a good point actually. How much data you crunching just using Audi connect? I've ordered an EE Flex sim. £10pm for 2GB, carry over unused data monthly and get an extra 500mb every 3 months added for free no contract.

Ahhhh. That's a good point actually. How much data you crunching just using Audi connect? I've ordered an EE Flex sim. £10pm for 2GB, carry over unused data monthly and get an extra 500mb every 3 months added for free no contract.

That seems expensive for what you need, I have never used 500mb in a month for my usage, I got mine off eBay.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/262819238464

Good run out today. Downshifting into second then first when you pull up somewhere is just an event

So, sound...it's there. Even low end rumble is there. But with music on, it's not really. Which, hey, turn the music down right? I know. But I like me music. Thunderstruck + V8 = Good.

It's not going to be the Miltek. I've found the right sound. But it ain't cheap. However, it's really not the most expensive either and it's from a great brand. Every comment thread on YouTube for the Miltek non res highlights the same things. Sounds fantastic but drone is very very real. It's a great price I must admit and I do like the sound. But I think I'm gonna go MTM.

£2,880 from MTM direct. Not sure who imports here. MRC maybe?

6e3a59c1e8ac681a26590b19799d8668.jpg

Starting to build up a nice layer of dirt

Mate, that sound (of both vids tbh) is EPIC!!! :hubbahubba::racer::respekt:

Just watching some engine air intake mod videos. K&N as well as Pipercross. I've read a thread recently on RS246 about it so I'm aware of the pros and cons. Seems a bit random in terms of issues. The common sense in me assumes that the engine pulling in all that air is surely going to lift some oil (particulate grease or whatever it's called) from the filter itself and into the engine.

This would not be good. Seems rare from what I've read. The stock paper filters obviously do the filtering very well. Thoughts anyone? For small gains I wouldn't risk engine health. But I wouldn't discount a perfectly safe filter mod.

Job 1. Sorted Audi Connect and Google Earth. Got my extension for a year.

The imagery is very very dark (brightness up full) but it still adds something pretty modern feeling to the system. Thanks to No_idea for the SIM card link. Let's see if 500mb a month cuts it

Think I'll look at ordering the LED light pack next.

Probably look to replace engine air filters first though.

Reactions: V6_Man and NevMan
Job 1. Sorted Audi Connect and Google Earth. Got my extension for a year.

The imagery is very very dark (brightness up full) but it still adds something pretty modern feeling to the system. Thanks to No_idea for the SIM card link. Let's see if 500mb a month cuts it

Think I'll look at ordering the LED light pack next.

Probably look to replace engine air filters first though.

Why is the image dark, it's not set to night mode instead of auto?
I have never got close to the limit, see how you get on. For the money it's worth a try.
I have stuck with standard filters, I would prefer to filter out the crap, as the gains are never going to be noticed. Maybe more induction noise if that is your thing.
£50/pair or best offer on eBay from Crewe Audi.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/263944528085

Why is the image dark, it's not set to night mode instead of auto?
I have never got close to the limit, see how you get on. For the money it's worth a try.
I have stuck with standard filters, I would prefer to filter out the ****, as the gains are never going to be noticed. Maybe more induction noise if that is your thing.
£50/pair or best offer on eBay from Crewe Audi.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/263944528085

Oh they still for sale? Seen their post on here but it seemed to vanish. Yeah I totally get what your saying with the filters. Every 60k they're meant to be replaced. That's mad! Think I'll go get these stock ones then. Great price. Mine must be flipping filthy!