Semi dynamic indicators

The coding can only set the lights to flash alternately. Modules delay the outer cluster in order to create a semi dynamic effect. two very different things the latter of which looks much better and won't be an MOT fail in the UK.
yes understand that fully as to the effect. but slightly off topic regarding the MOT fail how can manufacturers get past the lighting regulations in regards to mounting indicators on the movable boot
(b) Where two front or rear direction indicators are fitted to a motor vehicle first used on or after 1st April 1986, and two rear direction indicators are fitted to a trailer manufactured on or after 1st October 1985, in each case they shall be fitted so as to form a pair.

(c) A rear direction indicator on each side of a vehicle shall not be fitted on a boot lid or other movable part of the vehicle.

yes understand that fully as to the effect. but slightly off topic regarding the MOT fail how can manufacturers get past the lighting regulations in regards to mounting indicators on the movable boot
(b) Where two front or rear direction indicators are fitted to a motor vehicle first used on or after 1st April 1986, and two rear direction indicators are fitted to a trailer manufactured on or after 1st October 1985, in each case they shall be fitted so as to form a pair.

(c) A rear direction indicator on each side of a vehicle shall not be fitted on a boot lid or other movable part of the vehicle.
Statement B = not sure what the issue is here, they are fitted as pairs

Statement C = this is why they are installed in pairs, ie inner and outer, so that the outers are still visible should the tailgate be raised.

Statement C is also why some vehicles have reflectors mounted inside the boot / trunk, so that a reflector can still be seen with the tailgate raised.

There should also be a statement detailing that turning signals within X distance of each other should flash in sync etc etc

Reactions: george forbes

I have the Pace car lights selected at the mo and my car passed the MOT at Audi...…..

I have the Pace car lights selected at the mo and my car passed the MOT at Audi...…..
MOT testers are very hit a miss with their quality checks, especially Audi. I work with a number of garages who perform MOT checks and all have advised that Pace Car Lights are a fail.

Hello everyone,

First of all i would like to know if you can code a delay on the outside tail light, so it looks like the same as the video i have linked to.

If not. I record that €100 is to much for 2 plugs and 4 small cables. My questions is. Is there any of you guys who know how to create these adapters on your own and maybe tell me how?

Video:

Where to purchase:
http://www.carsystems.pl/latest-pro...led-dynamic-turn-lights-plug-play,id2273.html

I hope someone out there who can assist me

Regards Kristoffer

Sorry but dat looks sht .. not smooth and too short that edge light

Just thought I would throw some "retrofit" and "modding" scene terminology in to the mix:

Pace Car Lights - Coding (often referred to as Semi-Dynamic) :

Semi-Dynamic Turn Signals - Hardware:

Dynamic Turn Signals - OEM Factory (Retrofit to a pre-facelift RS3):

ONly the last one is proper nice ..