Selling the S4 :(

razza1

Reaction score
Website
www.maidenhead-systema.co.uk
So after all the work and money I've put into it, it's time for me to part with it. I couldn't do it until I'd fixed it all properly, but now it's spot on, I'm happy to sell it onwards knowing it's not stitching people up (which I think the prior owner did to me...).

Amazing car, but needs must, and with more travel with work coming up (and them cutting our mileage allowance significantly), it's time to move to a diesel....(booo....)

Not gone yet so will still be on the forum as think you lot are top guys (and girls).

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/b8-s4-mrc-stage-2-475bhp-sports-diff-massive-spec.264217/

Reactions: V6 Quatt, Chop., Bristle Hound and 2 others
I feel for you pal, but you've got too do what you've got too do!

Had a scan of your for sale advert, ooks like someone will be getting a nice motor.

Reactions: razza1
@razza1, mate, I don't imagine for one moment you've taken the decision lightly, or that it's not the right thing for you and your circumstances.

@razza1 so sorry to hear that but I completely understand why. I think sometimes you just get a "Friday" car and I've certainly had them. A particularly evil Ford Focus springs to mind. But once that was fixed I bought my B7 which I enjoyed massively. Hopefully from this bad patch something good will be next for you. Any thoughts on what next? I hear the B9 190 TDI is a bit of a stormer. :)

Best wishes with the sale and for what's next. I never did "spot" you. Always thought I would one day.

It's a shame4 that you have to let her go mate,but as you say needs must .
Good luck with the sale & I hope you get what ya want

Something like this I reckon
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456994231238801

Reactions: Chop. and xpoweruk
Good luck with the sale, someone is getting a fantastic car. Hope you get a nice replacement. Hope you still be around. ;)x

Sorry to see that your selling razza, someone is going to get a cracking car

The jag XF is a great choice if you go that way

Sad days, but especially with the gearbox work then it is a standout purchase for someone.

I think mine will be going soon, with two young kids I feel like I have the right car at just the wrong time.
Best of luck with the sale

Reactions: V6 Quatt and razza1
I'm too young for a Jag, don't you need a sheep skin coat? :D

Reactions: xpoweruk
Would buy this as I said, Sadly I just don't have the funds just yet which is a pity. Bad timing as in a few weeks would have totally flew over to have a look matey :D

Doubt it, Clean motor mate :p

Ohlord NOOO. My max amount I wanted to spend was 18k, 20K was pushing it but it's such a nice spec :(

Good luck with your sale of a cracking motor razza, don't imagine you'll have to wait long for it to go.

The jag is a nice motor, but an A5 3.0 TDI is even nicer??????
Just to give you something to ponder over, lol! :salute:

JG

I'm not sure I could face dealing with Audi again, they left a bad taste after stitching me up on my B7 knowing the dmfw had gone, and then trying to do me out of £10k for a new gearbox when it wasn't needed...
For me it's about time to try something else as loyalty meant nothing to them...

Reactions: xpoweruk and scotty76
I'm not sure I could face dealing with Audi again, they left a bad taste after stitching me up on my B7 knowing the dmfw had gone, and then trying to do me out of £10k for a new gearbox when it wasn't needed...
For me it's about time to try something else as loyalty meant nothing to them...
What a bunch of t***s but I would not be surprised if they actually did think it was that,my local Audi were pretty clueless on issues with my engine.

What a bunch of t***s but I would not be surprised if they actually did think it was that,my local Audi were pretty clueless on issues with my engine.
When I went back to the "master tech" to tell him that the clutches were gone and causing the errors every day, and that when replaced it was like new again with no errors whatsoever, he still didn't believe it.
I have read of Audi replacing clutch packs when they do mechs, but again he was clueless about that process...

Reactions: voorhees
Hope you find better service elsewhere @razza1. I've never had excellent service from a main dealer from any of the big brands. Had Ford, Peugeot, VW and SEAT. I've always felt like just a number.

Reactions: razza1 and voorhees
I agree with Scotty,sitting in them nice comfy seats getting free drinks in a fancy showroom with eye candy everywhere comes at a price I guess.

Reactions: RS5 JON and scotty76
So after all the work and money I've put into it, it's time for me to part with it. I couldn't do it until I'd fixed it all properly, but now it's spot on, I'm happy to sell it onwards knowing it's not stitching people up (which I think the prior owner did to me...).

Amazing car, but needs must, and with more travel with work coming up (and them cutting our mileage allowance significantly), it's time to move to a diesel....(booo....)

Not gone yet so will still be on the forum as think you lot are top guys (and girls).

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/b8-s4-mrc-stage-2-475bhp-sports-diff-massive-spec.264217/
@razza1 - Sorry to hear the news buddy :(

Someone's going to get a great S4 me thinks :thumbs up:

Someone else is also going thro' the A5/Jag dilemma
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/a5-3-0-tdi-sportback-s-line-v-jaguar-3-0-td-s.262860/

Jaguar = Pipe & carpet slippers to me lol
Excepting the F type of course :D

Reactions: scotty76
Yeah local indie has 2 chairs and a 3 year old copy of Top Gear magazine but is good value and fixes things first time. I'll take that over the coffee and totty.

Reactions: voorhees
My local indie (isn't actually local, 25 miles away) usually ends up me grabbing some tools and getting stuck in to give him a hand! wouldn't want it any other way though :p

Someone is getting a solid motor, shouldn't stick around for long

Really sorry to see you're selling the S4, have enjoyed our (extensive!) chats over PM etc. Best of luck finding the next car... mine may be getting sold soon too, depending on what happens with my work... we're all selling up!!

Sorry to here the s4 is going bud, good luck with the next one whatever it is

Are we aloud to say ( BMW ) on here ? I have a lovely 530D, just a suggestion :)