Selling the S3

Haz1

Reaction score
Hi All

I've had a few pm's from people asking why Im selling my S3 well just to let everyone know its because Ive got a placement abroad for a year so I really cant afford to keep her. I would love to keep the S3 especially after the amount of work I've put, well hopefully when I come back the RS3 is out or more preferably a R4 with the 2.5 turbo engine and hopefully the R4 only weighs 1350 kg :wub:

The advert is on the following sites for anyone who may be interested:

Audi : Audi S3 2.0T MTM 350 BHP *Rare Merlin Purple*

2007 AUDI S3 S3 Quattro 3dr Hatchback

Hope she goes to a really nice new home :crying:

Haz shame your selling such a beautiful car. One of the best s3 on the site.
But understand you have to. Good luck with the sale

Do you plan the break any parts from the car?

MY11 Gloss B Pillar Trim - didn't even know this was changed in the facelift

Have you part numbers? Close up pics? Price?

Thanks

Thanks

I think I'd also be interested in this. Does it just clip off and push back on?

Thanks

Thanks

I'm not breaking the car just yet, Ive had a few interested people, so I'll decide in a week or two if the car doesn't sell.

About the Gloss B-Pillars, the part numbers are A8P3 853 289 DY 9B and A8P3 853 290 DY 9B for left and right sides plus you need 6 new pop-rivets to fit them, pop-rivet part number is: AN 016 185 7 (you need 6 of them)

The trims are £36 each so ur looking at £72 inc vat for both and about 95p inc vat per rivert so your looking at about £78 all in.

The b-pillars are tricky if your gonna do them yourself, I told Audi to fit it for me. I saw the whole process, basically the 3 rivets are the key. To remove the old b-pillars you need to drill the old rivots out and pull the old trim off (force will be required). Then place the new trim in place and stamp the new rivots in place with a rivot gun. Plus during the installation process the door rubber surround needs to be pull back too.

Hope all the helps buddy :icon_thumright:

Reactions: HHS3
Thanks for that Haz! Not sure if the gloss black will suit against spring blue but I will have a think!

i think they'll look awesome on Sprint Blue. i have a Phantom car and i think the matt gives a bit of contrast, but on Sprint the colour itself gives the contrast and the gloss pillar effect will look amazing.

just a suggestion tho - wouldn't wrapping your existing B-pillar trims be easier and cheaper :shrug:

it s litterally a 10 minutejob to change them drill 6 rivets out slide off slide on rivet 6 times blow away drilling fillings and youre done

i think they'll look awesome on Sprint Blue. i have a Phantom car and i think the matt gives a bit of contrast, but on Sprint the colour itself gives the contrast and the gloss pillar effect will look amazing.

just a suggestion tho - wouldn't wrapping your existing B-pillar trims be easier and cheaper :shrug:

I dont know see, I don't like tints on sprint blue so I think this would give it the same effect!

Haz, if you are breaking the car, let me know. I would be interested in your intake!

Also, is there much difference when using the RS4 fuel pressure regulator? What exactly does it do?

The best colour by a million miles now only if I had 20K spare atm

I dont know see, I don't like tints on sprint blue so I think this would give it the same effect!

Haz, if you are breaking the car, let me know. I would be interested in your intake!

Also, is there much difference when using the RS4 fuel pressure regulator? What exactly does it do?

The car is provisonally sold, buyer is coming tomorrow :crying:, but will let you know if the buyer backs out.

About the RS4 regulator, well basically the current S3 regulator has a limit of 130 PSI, and a stage 2/2+ car can demand a pressure of 132 or in extreme cases upto 134 PSI. Well if the 130 PSI limit is reached, the pressure doesn't just stay at 130 PSI but rather is cut down to 126 or 128 PSI and then the pressure is built back up to 130 PSI and the cycle continues so basically the pressure required is not being met. But the RS4 pressure regulator has a limit of 136 PSI, so the pressure required is met and a higher boost can be reached and for longer, hope all that makes sense lol.