Facelift Selling s3

Dylock

Reaction score
Evening all, so the time has come for the s3 to go. End of pcp.

When I picked it up 4 years ago the paperwork came with a clear plastic tag which I think had a number on it.

Does anyone have any idea of what I’m talking about? Lol. Also what is it for? I can’t find it anywhere

Thanks

No idea!

Are you selling it (privately), handing it back or trading it In?

I think I know what you mean...! Didn't it have the VIN on it?

I sold mine using Tootle by the way. Would recommend, although I still did a bit of haggling on the price after :)

Hopefully it’s not important then cause it’s not in my car folder where I expected it to be!

Selling it privately, which i will use to pay the balloon.

Hopefully it’s not important then cause it’s not in my car folder where I expected it to be!

When I picked up mine , I was told it was to activate Audi connect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The plastic tag could've been the 10 digit vehicle code which is used for connecting to the MMI Audi Connect function.

Reactions: Jassyo06
The plastic tag could've been the 10 digit vehicle code which is used for connecting to the MMI Audi Connect function.

That could be what it’s for then. Looks like it won’t be going with the car because I can’t find it anywhere!

When you sell it check when your last payment came out! If a payment has come out since you got your settlement figure you will then get that payment back...as long as you don't pass the date they give you before you pay the figure off in full.

Example: you request a figure on the 3rd May, they give you a full/final figure to be paid by 30th May, a normal payment comes out on the 14th May, you pay it off in full on the 26th May...you then get the payments made on the 14th May back :)

They didn't tell me this when I sold mine!!! I had to chase it. It got a bit complicated, but this is the post I made at the time: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/paying-your-pcp-off-time-it-well.342668/

Evening all, so the time has come for the s3 to go. End of pcp.

When I picked it up 4 years ago the paperwork came with a clear plastic tag which I think had a number on it.

Does anyone have any idea of what I’m talking about? Lol. Also what is it for? I can’t find it anywhere

Thanks
This one? Part is the code for the mmi/Audi connect thing and the long number I assume is the code if you need a new key:

Key

When you sell it check when your last payment came out! If a payment has come out since you got your settlement figure you will then get that payment back...as long as you don't pass the date they give you before you pay the figure off in full.

Example: you request a figure on the 3rd May, they give you a full/final figure to be paid by 30th May, a normal payment comes out on the 14th May, you pay it off in full on the 26th May...you then get the payments made on the 14th May back :)

They didn't tell me this when I sold mine!!! I had to chase it. It got a bit complicated, but this is the post I made at the time: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/paying-your-pcp-off-time-it-well.342668/

Thanks for the advice. I got a figure from them which lasts two days, I have to phone back Monday to get an updated one. No idea why it last two day since the payment doesn’t come out till the 30th

Thanks for the advice. I got a figure from them which lasts two days, I have to phone back Monday to get an updated one. No idea why it last two day since the payment doesn’t come out till the 30th
Problem now is they will slap you with another months interest!

Reactions: K1NGY14
I think I know what you mean...! Didn't it have the VIN on it?

I sold mine using Tootle by the way. Would recommend, although I still did a bit of haggling on the price after :)

Interesting, this had just came out or just started to be heard of when I sold mine so I didn't try it but how easy is it to sell a car that's got finance etc and generally how fair is the price?

Just thinking for the future instead of going to a dealer ... aka stealer and getting some rubbish trade-in value that's seriously decreased against the actual value of the car.

That’s the one! Thanks. At least I can show that to the misses so she has an idea of what to look for.
I wouldn't worry about that code, the code on the grey sticker is the last couple of digits from your VIN number thats all. Its for the dealer/factory so they know what key is what vehicle. New keys are made from your VIN number not any other number

That’s the one! Thanks. At least I can show that to the misses so she has an idea of what to look for.

Yeah, she probably "tidied" it up at some point . . . which is why you can't find it

:whistle2:

Reactions: N.J.H
Interesting, this had just came out or just started to be heard of when I sold mine so I didn't try it but how easy is it to sell a car that's got finance etc and generally how fair is the price?

Just thinking for the future instead of going to a dealer ... aka stealer and getting some rubbish trade-in value that's seriously decreased against the actual value of the car.

Initially quotes were around the same as trade in (just enough to clear the outstanding finance), but then one of the dealers called back saying he had someone interested in a ‘blue A5’....(didn’t seem to bothered that mine was an S5!).

After a bit of haggling we got a price that was a bit above my settlement figure and I was happy. Came round one evening to my house, saw it, paid and drove away with it. I settled the finance in full at the bank the next morning and emailed confirmation. Was very easy :)

Reactions: MaffewEM

Can you not just hand the car back, therefore clearing the balloon?