Selling mine soon

Soulboy

Reaction score
Just a quick heads up that mine will be going in the classified section soon.

My M2 is build week 49 and BMW expecting delivery late Dec / early Jan.

P/X from BMW will be obviously be short of the real value of the car. So I will be looking at a posdible private sale too - which could be a win/win for anyone in the market for a 2014, 3 door manual, S3. Only done 23k and never modded.
Estoril Blue and Lunar Silver interior.

Will do a full ad in near future and post in classified section.

Reactions: richinsoton, Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Hi, just joined the forum in anticipation of buying an S3 very soon. My car goes on Tuesday. Can you PM me some details on spec and price you are wanting? Cheers.

I will post here rather than PM if that's ok.
And will also post in classified nearer time.

S3 3 Door (cost £33,324 new)
Manual
Estoril Blue & Lunar silver interior
Jan 2014 / 63 plate
1 owner from new
Always garaged
22k miles
Full Audi history
Still in warranty
Good condition all round
NEVER MODDED

Sat navigation SD based
Light & Rain sensor package
Adaptive lights
Door mirrors - folding/ heated
Tyre pressure monitor
Rear parking sensors

Finance will be clear.

BMW said approx £20k p/x last month.
Likely £19.5k by end of year/New Year when new car ready.
So anything above this figure benefits me.

Similar cars on Auto Trader starting about £22k upwards.

Last edited:
Reactions: TDI-line, pburv and Jassyo06
I will post here rather than PM if that's ok.
And will also post in classified nearer time.

S3 3 Door
Manual
Estoril Blue & Lunar silver interior
Jan 2014 / 63 plate
1 owner from new
Always garaged
22k miles
Full Audi history
Still in warranty
Good condition all round
NEVER MODDED

Sat navigation SD based
Light & Rain sensor package
Adaptive lights
Door mirrors - folding/ heated
Tyre pressure monitor
Rear parking sensors

Finance will be clear.

BMW said approx £20k p/x last month.
Likely £19.5k by end of year/New Year when new car ready.
So anything above this figure benefits me.

Similar cars on Auto Trader starting about £22k upwards.

Good luck on the sale mate,good asking price aswell, Autotrader advertised prices are a good comparison to go by

Reactions: Richierich37, TDI-line and pburv
It could work well.
It's a better car than anything on Auto Trader below say £22k.

If I get say p/x £19.5k from BMW. It will end up on a dealer forecourt c £24k.

Anything above £20k makes it worthwhile for me.

Any potential purchaser gets a good price and cast iron guarantee (which i will put in writing) that the car is 100% straight. looked after. Never modded.
Never bumped etc.
Which they wouldn't know buying 2nd hand from a dealer.

BUT.....the timing needs to be right for me. If i end up having to rent a car for a while, it's pointless.
And it has to be worth my while from just simply driving to BMW, changing keys and driving away the new car.

I will also be very careful about payment. I would want to go and pick up a bank draft with the buyer from his bank. Then both go to pay it into my bank. Then sign the DVLA forms and hand over car.

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
It could work well.
It's a better car than anything on Auto Trader below say £22k.

If I get say p/x £19.5k from BMW. It will end up on a dealer forecourt c £24k.

Anything above £20k makes it worthwhile for me.

Any potential purchaser gets a good price and cast iron guarantee (which i will put in writing) that the car is 100% straight. looked after. Never modded.
Never bumped etc.
Which they wouldn't know buying 2nd hand from a dealer.

BUT.....the timing needs to be right for me. If i end up having to rent a car for a while, it's pointless.
And it has to be worth my while from just simply driving to BMW, changing keys and driving away the new car.

I will also be very careful about payment. I would want to go and pick up a bank draft with the buyer from his bank. Then both go to pay it into my bank. Then sign the DVLA forms and hand over car.

There are people /garages that will buy S3's in good condition instantly for more than BMW will give you, especially with your car having low mileage

Reactions: pburv
It could work well.

Woah. Draft? Nope.

For that sum you either bring cash straight to the bank and bank it, they check for forgery and it's safely away. If I ever took payment from an account it would have to be CHAPS, and passport ID of individual to match account name it's from. Last thing I want is a fraud claim a few weeks or months later!

Bankers draft? No ta!

Reactions: pburv
...or CHAPS :friendly wink:

Reactions: A3_Rider, Jassyo06 and pburv
Ian, sounds like a great colour combo with a nice spec. Key thing for me right now is location. Where are you in the UK? I'm in Northern Ireland so need to be reasonably close to an airport and within a few hours of a ferry port, either Liverpool of Cairnryan. The timing might be an issue as well if you need to hold off until January but let's see.

If it was an s tronic I would of been very interested... :(

Ian, sounds like a great colour combo with a nice spec. Key thing for me right now is location. Where are you in the UK? I'm in Northern Ireland so need to be reasonably close to an airport and within a few hours of a ferry port, either Liverpool of Cairnryan. The timing might be an issue as well if you need to hold off until January but let's see.

Sent you a PM.

S3

Quick pic. I will post plenty of others in classified when I do ad.

Reactions: Benji34, AudiNutta, pburv and 3 others
Don't think you'll have too much trouble flipping that beauty!

Hope you enjoy the new car...............tbh the M2 is probably the only beemer that doesn't make me feel like throwing up in my mouth!! lol

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
Saw your m2 on detailing world. Looks awesome !!

GLWTS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
I got £21700 for my 3dr manual 63 plate S3 last month. Mine had similar spec plus tech pack and b&o. Mileage was identical.

Good luck with the sale I'm sure it will go for what you want

Reactions: Jassyo06
Saw your m2 on detailing world. Looks awesome !!

GLWTS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not got mine yet?!?!

I got £21700 for my 3dr manual 63 plate S3 last month. Mine had similar spec plus tech pack and b&o. Mileage was identical.

Good luck with the sale I'm sure it will go for what you want

Cheers Darlo......I knew your car from when you lived at the end of our road!

Ha ha Small world! Hope all is well.

Well for anyone who is interested in this car you won't be disappointed. Having seen it in the flesh its immaculate.

Just for your info I got offered £21k by a a dealer not far from you. If you want their details let me know.

I was gutted to see mine go, but Mrs is pregnant and a 3dr was no good so sold it whilst still had some warranty left. Got another 5dr Golf GTI arriving next month.... wish it was an M2 though! Congrats on new motor

Reactions: Soulboy
Not got mine yet?!?!

I live about 20 minutes away from Offset Detailing, they are on my detailers list when I eventually buy a new A3 Sportback 2.0 ltr 190 stronic.
Recommended then? Been very impressed with what they do.

Just put Ad in classified section.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn
My new car is here next week.....so just a couple of final thoughts on the S3 after nearly 3 years ownership.
Just my 2p worth and all IMO....

I was considering S3/Golf R/AMG A45 at the time.
I took the S3 as it was ready, built and available and VW and Merc dealers were useless.
All in all a great car and if I could go back 3 years I would buy the same car and mostly same spec again.

Estoril Blue is a fantastic colour, but I would not go for Lunar Silver interior again.
It's nice and light, but as of late the drivers seat is looking a little bit tired. That's despite me treating and cleaning it regularly and with only 23k on clock. It will be hard work longer term to keep it looking good.

Depreciation has been quite good. Only looked at p/x and one independent dealer. Have been offered £19k and £19.5k respectively without any pushing.
If I had time and inclination would get £20k+ easily. They seem to be very sought after 2nd hand.
I always think anything over 50% back after 3 years is good. S3 is giving me nearer 60%.....albeit its on lower mileage than my previous cars.

Only two fault issues have been water pump and fuel pump replaced under warranty at service time. Other than that the car has been faultless.

If I don't get on with the M2 for any reason I will get shut and maybe consider a Cayman.
But my first port of call will be to look at what RS3 models are available. As I would be very happy to be back in an Audi - but would fancy something a bit more exclusive. And I don't like/need a big car.

Which brings me to my only real minus. In the early years the S3 was rare. I hardly ever saw another one. Now there are 3 just in our work car park.
I would worry that the cheap lease and PCP deals are making them more commonplace.
It would be a shame for anyone who buys if it turned into a Golf R situation with the 2nd hand market flooded and prices hit accordingly.

Growing car crime is the other concern. But that's going to be the same with anything I buy unfortunately.

All in all a great car. Will be sad to see it go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Audi Bairn, azibux1, Jassyo06 and 3 others
My new car is here next week.....so just a couple of final thoughts on the S3 after nearly 3 years ownership.
Just my 2p worth and all IMO....

I was considering S3/Golf R/AMG A45 at the time.
I took the S3 as it was ready, built and available and VW and Merc dealers were useless.
All in all a great car and if I could go back 3 years I would buy the same car and mostly same spec again.

Estoril Blue is a fantastic colour, but I would not go for Lunar Silver interior again.
It's nice and light, but as of late the drivers seat is looking a little bit tired. That's despite me treating and cleaning it regularly and with only 23k on clock. It will be hard work longer term to keep it looking good.

Depreciation has been quite good. Only looked at p/x and one independent dealer. Have been offered £19k and £19.5k respectively without any pushing.
If I had time and inclination would get £20k+ easily. They seem to be very sought after 2nd hand.
I always think anything over 50% back after 3 years is good. S3 is giving me nearer 60%.....albeit its on lower mileage than my previous cars.

Only two fault issues have been water pump and fuel pump replaced under warranty at service time. Other than that the car has been faultless.

If I don't get on with the M2 for any reason I will get shut and maybe consider a Cayman.
But my first port of call will be to look at what RS3 models are available. As I would be very happy to be back in an Audi - but would fancy something a bit more exclusive. And I don't like/need a big car.

Which brings me to my only real minus. In the early years the S3 was rare. I hardly ever saw another one. Now there are 3 just in our work car park.
I would worry that the cheap lease and PCP deals are making them more commonplace.
It would be a shame for anyone who buys if it turned into a Golf R situation with the 2nd hand market flooded and prices hit accordingly.

Growing car crime is the other concern. But that's going to be the same with anything I buy unfortunately.

All in all a great car. Will be sad to see it go.

Hey remember PHOTOS or didnay happen.....lol......nice Crimbo present.....eh....one thing you've forgotten....to mention....the BMW forum wont be anywhere as good as this yin....lol coz l aint there lol....What am l talking about its gash on here at the mo...so ye wont be missing NOWT....LOL

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Hey remember PHOTOS or didnay happen.....lol......nice Crimbo present.....eh....one thing you've forgotten....to mention....the BMW forum wont be anywhere as good as this yin....lol coz l aint there lol....What am l talking about its gash on here at the mo...so ye wont be missing NOWT....LOL

Cheers Jassy.
Picked it up yesterday morning (pic).

Will be an infrequent visitor on here now...but will drop in every so often just to catch up on the DSG v manual arguments (as it's DCT v manual arguments for me now)
:dizzy:
20161221 000741 1756x986 1024x575 800x449

Last edited:
Reactions: rams_s3, Martinbanshee, azibux1 and 5 others
Stunning colour all the best with the M2 mate

Well there's no bigger vote of confidence that you have bought the right colour blue - than a thumbs up from Jassy!
:wink:
So that'll do for me!

Reactions: Joe4842, Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn
Cheers Jassy.
Picked it up yesterday morning (pic).

Will be an infrequent visitor on here now...but will drop in every so often just to catch up on the DSG v manual arguments (as it's DCT v manual arguments for me now)
:dizzy:
View attachment 112839
Looks great! One of the few BMW's I would've considered currently and it would've been in that colour.
Would be interested to seee more pics if you get a chance.
Happy motoring :racer:

Reactions: Jassyo06