Selling car advice please

emery1990

Reaction score
Ive decided I'm going to sell it this month and not worry about getting my 2nd no claims as it hardly makes any difference to future insurance when needed ( £50 difference infact). Ive got a scratch on the rear which needs to filled and made good. I was going to him to also buff up my car and maybe vinyl wrap my front bumper to get rid of stone chips?

Would doing this make my car more appealling to people and will sell closer to my asking price? On autotrader and ebay my car whcih has less miles than some of them, most of them are in there 100's only 2 or 3 in near mine, 68k. It is going for around 5k and over. Would a nice shiny car thats has no markins etc, ( If he can get all of them out this is) impress average joe. I know people on here would probally say no its what it drives like that matters, but surely a nice looking car will lure you in more than a scruffy one?

Advice on this please

it will sell better but generally only makes it more saleable... not neccesarily worth more - good luck with the sale...any pics?

Think it depends on how much it would cost to sort it out compared to how much you'd be willing to drop if the buyer trys to knock you down if he sees it. I know when i go to look at a car i'd prefer to see original paint with some marks on than somethin that has been painted etc and doesnt match. Personally i dont mind gettin the work done myself if the price is right

I wouldn't bother, the way things are at the moment get it up there and take the first offer that makes you think twice about it.

I agree actually. Ive had my R32 up for sale since begining of december. Admitidly wrong time of year to be sellin a car, but i havent even had anyone to come and see it. Ive had silly offers but you always get them. Sell it as it is, unless any major damage

well, it would cost about £ 250, I dont want to go below 5k tbh but start it at 5.5k. And hope someone whos been looking for a decent car for a while shows up.

Just sell it as it is, better than potential buyers asking why you vinyl wrapped it in the first place, original and chipped is better in my opinion. If the next owner wanted a perfect front end, I'm sure he/she can go and get it resprayed themselves afterwoods.

As said before (by Prawn) its worth what someone will pay so I wouldn't try and tart it,give it a good clean and polish before a prospective buyer sees it though.I wouldn't clean the engine either as that is usually done to hide leaks.

january is suppposed to be a good time to sell used..... obviously you have the recession to consider....im finding people are after bargains...its just a case of holding out and staying with the pack in terms of price...

Yer i doubt ill get the front end done then, just the scratch and give it a polish and its a dull black atm. I'm hoping for another me to come along wanting his first fast car !