Selling A3 S Line 2.0 TDI with remap ?

Scotty75

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
May have been asked before but looking for opinions and advice.

So after four years of owning this stunning car it’s time to sell, especially with current prices in our favour.

Very well looked after , servicing , detailing etc. Never been thrashed. However we had a very moderate remap . 150 bhp up to 195 bhp and torque up to 360 nm if memory serve me right. Better mpg too.

Am I legally bound to declare the remap ? Seeing so many different views on the net regarding this.

Don’t want to do anything dodgy but then I’m also worried that the map might affect sale interest. I mean someone is going to get one hell of a fine car

Having some body work touched up , stone chips , service , mot and wheel refurb. So don’t really want to spend anymore on getting a map taken off .

Thoughts please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sell it as it is mate no need to declare a remap as long as its got a service history for all work carried out simple as that

Reactions: Scotty75
Simple as that eh Feels like a much easier route than explaining a remap to every Joe Soap

Simple as that eh Feels like a much easier route than explaining a remap to every Joe Soap

Best selling it to a company rather than a individual less hassle

Best selling it to a company rather than a individual less hassle

Been considering that but companies are offering between £7.7 and £8k. Private sell could be looking at £9.5k…….. and I’m a tight git lol

Reactions: Jassyo06
interestingly i am in the same boat. selling my mapped A3 as needing something bigger.

general advice i've been given is to not declare the map as you'll just open can of worms of people stating the clutch is going to go and want money off blah blah blah

i'll probably sell mine through motoway as i cba to deal with tyre kickers, and i know a few people who have used them and said how good they were.

what mileage is yours on Scotty out of interest?

91400 miles on our A3 mate. I was still undecided on whether to disclose the map or not being honest. At any rate it’s looking like my A3 is sold to someone I know for £9.5k.

So no fuss as they know the car etc. I’ve spent £850 getting it up to scratch so returns me £8650 which I’m pretty happy with.

£1k more than Motorway were offering !

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
91400 miles on our A3 mate. I was still undecided on whether to disclose the map or not being honest. At any rate it’s looking like my A3 is sold to someone I know for £9.5k.

So no fuss as they know the car etc. I’ve spent £850 getting it up to scratch so returns me £8650 which I’m pretty happy with.

Mines 112k and Motorway were stating a lowest price of £7300.

Private sale is really tempting for the possible extra cash, but past experience of private sales and dealing with wombles puts me right off.

just getting the wheels done then i think i'll give Motorway the nod.

fair play that you've got a friend whose interested, good luck with the sale dude!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Scotty75

Private sale is really tempting for the possible extra cash, but past experience of private sales and dealing with wombles puts me right off.

fair play that you've got a friend whose interested, good luck with the sale dude!

What are you upgrading to ? We went for a 2017 S3 , absolutely love it !

What are you upgrading to ? We went for a 2017 S3 , absolutely love it !

We had a baby and thought the A3 would be big enough, we were wrong. can get the pram in the boot and nothing else lol

Sadly it means moving away from the Audi club after many years, but staying within the VAG Group. looking at Skoda Octavia VRS.

We had a baby and thought the A3 would be big enough, we were wrong. can get the pram in the boot and nothing else lol

Sadly it means moving away from the Audi club after many years, but staying within the VAG Group. looking at Skoda Octavia VRS.
Octaves VRS is a great car my brother has one

Reactions: Crash0090
Tricky one. What if they stack the car driving it home and their insurance company find out its been remapped and voids their insurance? If that was me Id be mighty miffed and would want to string you up by the proverbials.
You could have it flashed back to standard. However the unsuspecting new owner could be inheriting a car with excessive wear on components (clutch and turbo). This is probably better than invalidated insurance though.

Reactions: Dubjam
Tricky one. What if they stack the car driving it home and their insurance company find out its been remapped and voids their insurance? If that was me Id be mighty miffed and would want to string you up by the proverbials.
You could have it flashed back to standard. However the unsuspecting new owner could be inheriting a car with excessive wear on components (clutch and turbo). This is probably better than invalidated insurance though.
You're absolutely right Damo, the insurer might/might not pay up but in the end but, sure as eggs, the new owner will get a load of hassle before they do. Don't forget, insurers don't pay out until or unless they have to.

Hey Scotty. One tidy car your mate is getting, and at least with them knowing you will know it is mapped etc. nice upgrade too. Any pics?

Always will get more private than motorway, but I have used them a couple times, very good, and no tyre kicking and not picking as other dealers do.

Don’t blame you, very hassle free way to sell. One thing to note, you agree a price to sell, but often it ends up higher as it did in my case as dealers bid, so win win

Hey Scotty. One tidy car your mate is getting, and at least with them knowing you will know it is mapped etc. nice upgrade too. Any pics?

Always will get more private than motorway, but I have used them a couple times, very good, and no tyre kicking and not picking as other dealers do.

Hi Nev wondered where you’d got to Hope you’re well mate ?

S3 is stunning mate , what a beast she is Navarra blue on a 17 plate . Set us back 23k but worth every penny
cdcc31c77176fba7c9b91f2385817512.jpg

ba6c3052c8b526c1198b45d700c15cf9.jpg

fe5d29f9f4a6e3b4b07c66c5c4bda741.jpg

3a9add3093005bbaf00db706042720d6.jpg

Photos obviously post detail

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Get off yer Righteous Soap box it's none of your concern to be honest....

Hi Nev wondered where you’d got to Hope you’re well mate ?

S3 is stunning mate , what a beast she is Navarra blue on a 17 plate . Set us back 23k but worth every penny
cdcc31c77176fba7c9b91f2385817512.jpg

ba6c3052c8b526c1198b45d700c15cf9.jpg

fe5d29f9f4a6e3b4b07c66c5c4bda741.jpg

3a9add3093005bbaf00db706042720d6.jpg

Photos obviously post detail

Been here all along, but detailing section has tumbleweed. Looking good, love navarra, and the s3 in general, such a cracking all round car in 8V form
Wouldn’t expect you to be posting pre detail

Haha. You're right, forget what i said .. I mean who gives a damn about the new owner.
Knowing Scotty for a considerable amount of time the car has been well looked after in every way but not every owner treats their car like him

Sell it as it is mate no need to declare a remap as long as its got a service history for all work carried out simple as that

A little crass considering that the next owner would theoretically not be insured by not declaring the map.

A little crass considering that the next owner would theoretically not be insured by not declaring the map.
Again the righteous....strike Again what does it matter .....you never mapped a car?l have'nt....but you or l aint buying it ergo ...

Again the righteous....strike Again what does it matter .....you never mapped a car?l have'nt....but you or l aint buying it ergo ...

No chap, its call morals.

Of course my cars have all been mapped and the new owners when sold on have always been informed. Yes it matters.

Human decency really, especially when it could render someone driving illegally at no fault of their own. There is nothing ‘righteous’ about it. But its interesting to see how you operate.

Reactions: Damo S
I’m late to this party. You are selling a modified car and you are not being transparent with the sale. Explain your rationale for even considering ?