Sell the Plasma?

QuantumJohn

Reaction score
I currently have a Fujitsu 42" plasma screen which is about 4 or 5 years old now but it's playing time can probably be counted in hundreds of hours instead of thousands due to the fact it has sat in the spare bedroom un-used while I have spent the last couple of years redecorating the whole house.

Thing is it is huge. I was thinking of selling it and buying a 32 or 37 instead.
Even spoken to the local Fujitsu dealer but they don't do trade ins.
What do you think it is worth? RRP was over £4000 when new. Would anyone be interested?

Cheers,
John

don`t think it would be worth selling a 4-5 year old plasma. Havnt the screen tech changed a lot in 4 years so even a cheap 1000 pound one will be as good as a 4000 grand 4 year old one ?????

you'll have a problem getting decent money for it, as fingermouse says you can get one for about a grand so expect less than that and then of course shipping it is difficult. the instructions on my box said upright, travel in this direction and do not reuse packaging, get new stuff!!! ie put the tv where you want and when you sell the house sell it with the plasma!!!

I was thinking it was probably only worth about £700 anyway. Like you say the technology has moved on and even a £1000 new one is probably going to be comparable to a high end one of 4 years ago.
Even so the picture is still pretty good even with a cheap S-video lead.

My brother is currently sizing it up for his house but if it doesn't fit I'll let anyone know who says they are interested.

John

The Fujitsu screens have and still are regarded as the best available, they use Panasonic glass for most of them and then there own processing for deinterlacing and scaling the image.

However some of them use the ALiS type glass from Hitachi and they are not so hot.

What is the model number?