Self Closing Boot - Warning Sound

pjeffe9172

Reaction score
Evening all,

When I picked up my car the boot made an audible warning when it was closing. This has now stopped.... I'm not sure if this is a setting somewhere or only works in certain circumstances. Has anybody got any ideas please?

Thanks

Only warns (sounds) for me when I close it by holding up the boot switch on the driver's door (with ignition on). Makes sense as it is likely that you're not in direct line of sight of the boot when using this method to close it. Otherwise there is no warning, and I don't see any need for there to be. I have the standard (non-Advanced) key / system.

Reactions: pjeffe9172
Mine has never made a sound and also has never closed when using switch in drivers door (only makes a clicking sound in boot lid?)

I have the advanced key. It doesn't beep when pressing either of the close/lock buttons in the boot.

Mine only beeps when either I hold the boot switch on the drivers door or hold the boot button on the key.

The Avant boot will close using the switch in the door, but you need the ignition on. It makes a beeping sound while it closes.

Dur! Didn't realise I had to hold the door switch to close boot, works now.

Reactions: mjcourtney