Selector button has come off RNSE - problem

s100000

Reaction score
Hi my audi a3 2009 rnse selector button came off and me being an idiot I got some superglue and stuck it back on straight away, without letting the glue dry. It then became stiff and I couldnt change track properly. I then used pliers to pull the button off.

Now I have molded superglue stuck onto the metal piece behind the button, which moves the selector button and a dented button (from pulling it of with pliers).

So my questions are:

How do I get the superglue off the metal piece? I can still change tracks using the metal piece but would rather put a button back on.

Where can I buy a new selector button and how do I apply superglue and put it on properly in the first place?

I tried to explain this as best I could, I will provide pics tomorrow if needed.

If you've used liquid superglue then this was the mistake, you must use a dab of the gel type in the knob sunken part & place on the round metal piece.

Do not pull on the metal dial or you'll damage this & it then becomes more expensive to repair.

Just scrape the old glue of with a Stanley.

Reactions: s100000
If you've used liquid superglue then this was the mistake, you must use a dab of the gel type in the knob sunken part & place on the round metal piece.

Do not pull on the metal dial or you'll damage this & it then becomes more expensive to repair.

Just scrape the old glue of with a Stanley.

cheers fella.

I did use the gel type but must have used too much... also do I let it dry before putting it on? How far to I push it on? I think I may have pushed it in too much :/

The metal dial seems a bit awkward to use but I think its cos the glue is stuck behind it. Il take your advice with the stanley knife, could nail varnish be used to take the superglue off?

How about trying some Superglue remover from B and Q etc?