Selector button has come off RNSE - problem

s100000

Hi my audi a3 2009 rnse selector button came off and me being an idiot I got some superglue and stuck it back on straight away, without letting the glue dry. It then became stiff and I couldnt change track properly. I then used pliers to pull the button off.

Now I have molded superglue stuck onto the metal piece behind the button, which moves the selector button and a dented button (from pulling it of with pliers).

So my questions are:

How do I get the superglue off the metal piece? I can still change tracks using the metal piece but would rather put a button back on.

Where can I buy a new selector button and how do I apply superglue and put it on properly in the first place?

I tried to explain this as best I could, I will provide pics tomorrow if needed.

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
If you've used liquid superglue then this was the mistake, you must use a dab of the gel type in the knob sunken part & place on the round metal piece.

Do not pull on the metal dial or you'll damage this & it then becomes more expensive to repair.

Just scrape the old glue of with a Stanley.

s100000

If you've used liquid superglue then this was the mistake, you must use a dab of the gel type in the knob sunken part & place on the round metal piece.

Do not pull on the metal dial or you'll damage this & it then becomes more expensive to repair.

Just scrape the old glue of with a Stanley.

cheers fella.

I did use the gel type but must have used too much... also do I let it dry before putting it on? How far to I push it on? I think I may have pushed it in too much :/

The metal dial seems a bit awkward to use but I think its cos the glue is stuck behind it. Il take your advice with the stanley knife, could nail varnish be used to take the superglue off?