1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selecting the correct spring weights.

A19quattro May 7, 2019

1. A19quattro

A19quattro Active Member

I have an A3 quattro, 2005 with H&R front springs part No. 29227 V/A (F). I feel they are a bit hard for normal road use but I have kind of grown used to it, although I have never fitted the rears and just kept with my OEM S3 springs which are a wee bit softer.
    My Wife has a similar car, 2006 8P1 sportback and now needs rear springs, original S-Lines have broken tips and MOT looming. I am reluctant to fit the H&Rs I have and I know she wouldn't like the harder feel. Does anyone know if the 28227s are truly ""uprated and if so is there a slightly softer alternative, part number?
    Also, I have always felt to buy springs by axle weight/load would be better than all this guesswork, I like to pin things down to numbers then you can't really go wrong. Is there somewhere to get the information I need to make a decision about what springs would be best?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. miltybilty

miltybilty Active Member

Both Quattro's?

Sent from my highchair using Tapacar

4. A19quattro

A19quattro Active Member

Both quattros, I noted the spring weights today expecting them to be virtually the same, they are similar quite different interestingly. Can post them up if required?

5. miltybilty

miltybilty Active Member

Hey I don't know what u ended up doing, but I had the eibach pro-kit springs fitted and those rode like stock basically .... They were linear like stock too. They rode Terrible with a stiffer damper though. Once I went to a stock damper they performed like they should .... Even stock springs were terrible with the dampers/struts I had fitted at one point ....

Eibach pro-kit Linear were awesome, and made the car level.

Sent from my highchair using Tapacar