See ya Guys

chucky1

Reaction score
Well. My Beast is gone. Deposit taken. Part company next week. I really didn't want to sell her, but logic had to prevail. The wife and I bought a house up in the mountains west of Sydney a couple of months ago as a weekender and I need a bit of a "workhorse" that will get a towball, go up dirt roads, not be so pampered, and not be so paranoided? over. Had to be 4x4ish but had to do city duties as well. My choice? a Subaru Diesel Outback in manual form. I don't know if you guys get these. About same size as the 4 avant. Incredibly frugal. But.....not the tuned S4, so se la vie. I got enough change to put a new gas central heating system in, a new roof , 3 sofas, and some rewiring. That was the logic component. It was a pleasure to "meet" you all. This is a really good forum and its down to you guys. Ciao Brad.

Reactions: jdp1962, GjrBartlett, ruairi83 and 4 others
Oh well,it was good whilst it lasted mate.
Good luck with all ya do :)

Reactions: chucky1
Hello Chucky

We thought you had gone quiet - makes sense now!
I was just about to message you as I eventually got my 19s back on yesterday with my new super sports on.

The house sound great, I bet you and the wife are well pleased.
Personally (and im sure others will agree) it’s been an absolute pleasure conversing with you on here mate!
Remember just because the beast its gone doesn’t mean you can’t pop by every now and again to say hi!

All the best pal, take it easy

Cheers
Keef

Hey Chucky sounds like your a man with a plan

House in the hills sounds spot on mate Wish you and the Mrs all the best, I'll fly the s4 flag for you while your away and keep those badges straight :)

Reactions: chucky1 and V6 Quatt
The wife and I bought a house up in the mountains west of Sydney a couple of months ago.
We visited the Blue Mountains on our honeymoon (rather a long time ago) and loved the area. I envy you.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the nice thoughts. I will pop in so to speak. First proper run in the Outback today. Want to see if it will achieve the claimed 5 ltrs per 100 km. You guys would get a kick out of the houses' name plaque that was already there by the door.
IMG 0292

Last edited:
Reactions: Keef and Chop.
@chucky1 good luck with the new car. The house looks lovely. We have loved having you here and hope one day you come back, but please drop in and say hi. Enjoy :) x