See if you are affected by the emissions scandal...

Mine is affected...is it just a software patch?

Reactions: Gazthesparky
cheers for that link. I'm ok, so small worry off my mind

Reactions: Usmxn
Can't ****** check, need adobe flash and i only have an iPad or a macbook:sos:

My Mrs is the service manager for audi crawley and I can ask her if it will affect remapped cars if you like ?

Reactions: Scott_Crossley
Can't ****** check, need adobe flash and i only have an iPad or a macbook:sos:

LOOOOL PM me your vin number and I'll check for you when I get home if you want

My Mrs is the service manager for audi crawley and I can ask her if it will affect remapped cars if you like ?

Yes please that would be great

Mines affected :rage: Really need to know if it will wipe my remap and what the recall includes. Also, will my road tax now go up?

Its it software then yes, kiss goodbye to your remap. Your tuner should be able to put it back om without issue though :)

Unless VW / Audi also implement security protocols and lock the ECU.......

Lots to consider, but there's no point worrying until more details about what the recall entails and you find out what will be done

Apparently those affected could be entitled to compensation.

Reactions: FaisalFazeli
Apparently those affected could be entitled to compensation.

I'm not too big on the whole asking for compensation etc, but if the resale price and or tax bracket of my car are genuinely affected then yes we all deserve it.

If they are just removing the bit that stops it cheating on emissions then it is pointless doing it ? Or are they lowering the cars emissions to meet what they said it had ?

Cameron made sure he sorted his mates out who have shares in VW and said that the tax bracket wont increase. This obviously might change especially from environmental lobying groups if the emissions cant not be fixed.

They obviously have to come up with a 'fix', but they have achieve this by not lowering the power output of the car and keeping the emissions what they initially stated them t to be at...which if they had mastered that in the first instance, there wouldnt be this problem. So I am keen to see what they are going to do.

Compensation should definitely be sought. A few big legal companies are already pursing it, I suggest waiting until VW release the 'offer' to owners, as if you register with these legal companies to early, you could end up paying them a percentage when you dont need to.

Audi a3 2.0 tdi 59 plateaffected by campaign for diesel exhaust gas EA189 (23Q4)... If anyone can clarify the meaning of the recall? Is that hardware or only software?

Cheers

The Department of Transport has confirmed that they cannot force anyone affected by the emissions scandal to have their car "fixed" by VAG.

How many people won't bother having their car "fixed" then?

My car is affected but I doubt I'll be taking it back, I'm happy with its performance and mpg thanks.:salute:

Audi a3 2.0 tdi 59 plateaffected by campaign for diesel exhaust gas EA189 (23Q4)... If anyone can clarify the meaning of the recall? Is that hardware or only software?

Cheers

Do you understand what the recall is about? its software, but eventually will be hardware..

I don't event need/want to check, but I wouldn't like to be in your positions (lose power?)solution is remap to -40hp so less emissions :) hahaha

not sure if I approve of VW's fix

Vw

Reactions: Harry Bukin
Just had my letter from Audi Milton Keynes to confirm its a EA189.I also had shed out alot of money on a Tunit module.Which will be probably not compible with the new ECU or whatever they plan to do.Its a wait and see,would be nice offered a new 8V S-Line 184hp diesel.Dont think that will happen though

would be nice if they gave us all a free service as a good will gesture when they get recalled

Two of my friends own Golfs, both used VW vin checker via the website to see if they were effected, both came back all clear, 3 days later they received letters for recall, even the website don't tell the truth lol

Got my letter today too.

I'm not having mine "fixed"........not unless the compo is substantial anyway.

do you have a choice then to have it fixed or not ?

Got my letter today so my cars 170bhp after they've re bodged the software again and bhp goes to 150bhp where are we going to stand worse performance less mpg I for 1 want some kind of compensation

This is going to lead to unhappy drivers on this web site as you can see alot of people on Audi-Sport.net have fettled with their cars and it worries me to think all those people who have had their cars remapped or like me have a £400 Tunit module.Will we be compensated?I dont think so.VAG will state that we will return car to stockand its up to you to retune your own car.Also the remappers will have to re-write the programme to suit.A whole new can of worms!

So it appears that my 2ltr tdi is on the naughty list, whilst I appreciate its a wait and see what they do to fix it, what if I am wanting to sell the car in the mean time. I have already had one person back out of the sale and another offer substantially less because of the uncertainty.

It's not a good situation and a lot of uncertainty I hope audi come good with some sort of compensation

I am not getting mine fixed until they find me and pry my fingers from my keys! Yeap...I am a gross polluter!

The way I see it its very simple.

You either get the fix and possibly lose some performance and worsen your mpg BUT probably get a small token compensation payment (Those who have had their cars tuned will come off even worse).

OR

leave well alone and lose nothing (Once this is yesterday's chip paper these cars will still remain as desirable to potential buyers as they were before).

Unless the compo is substantial (which I doubt) I am going nowhere near an Audi Dealership. My A3 passed its MOT no problem three weeks ago even with the nasty cheating emissions device, so removing/deleting it won't make any difference.

Reactions: Rog_B, Rhyso and TonyH38