Security

dty

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My S3 Vorsprung is arriving next week (ordered first week of Jan, so almost 11 months to the day). How worried do I have to be about it being stolen?

1. Being a Vorsprung, I think it comes with keyless entry. Does the Audi key have a motion sensor that stops it sending the signal once you've put it down?
2. I believe I can track its location with the myAudi app. How good is this? Can it be disabled easily? Will the police work with this? Is it worth getting a proper tracker?
3. I also heard about a device that you can install that means you have to press a sequence of buttons, but I forgot what it's called.
4. Should I worry about OBD-based theft? What can I do to combat this?

Thanks!

Ghost immobiliser is what you thinking about, my brother has one on his Subaru final edition.
You can’t track the vehicle whist it’s on the move with the myAudi app.
As for your other questions sorry can’t answer them.

Hello everyone,

My S3 Vorsprung is arriving next week (ordered first week of Jan, so almost 11 months to the day). How worried do I have to be about it being stolen?

1. Being a Vorsprung, I think it comes with keyless entry. Does the Audi key have a motion sensor that stops it sending the signal once you've put it down?
2. I believe I can track its location with the myAudi app. How good is this? Can it be disabled easily? Will the police work with this? Is it worth getting a proper tracker?
3. I also heard about a device that you can install that means you have to press a sequence of buttons, but I forgot what it's called.
4. Should I worry about OBD-based theft? What can I do to combat this?

Thanks!
1> Just put your key in a metal biscuit tin, I do this and even if you sit in the car with the key inside the tin it doesn't start!
2> myAudi app has gone rubbish, I've been getting errors since the last update. Cheap tracker = Apple Airtag!
3> I have a Ghost, great bit of kit, even with the keys in hand unless you input the code you can't get it into gear!
4> ????

Make sure you don't forget the GAP insurance.

*Plenty of YouTube videos to show you how the Ghost system works.

Thanks for jogging my memory about the Ghost. I’ve got an install booked. I guess that addresses both points 1 & 4.

It would still be interesting to hear if anyone knows the answer to point 1?