Security

I have found a chap very local to me (a 15 minute walk at worst) who I will use to fit mine (he does these vids on youtube) so I won't be part of the group buy. It is important to me to get the thing fitted on the day I pick the car up so I need to go local.....

He seems a little unsure of how it works himself if I’m honest, he’s figuring it out as he goes along.

But I understand why you’d want it done on the day.

Not the classic youtuber I agree but he has posted about 30 vids in different cars of it being fitted so he must have some idea!

Reactions: AudiNutta
Also interested in the group buy if the location works!

I don't get how this is even legal. What if it's in the middle of a junction or a crossroads or something?
Not sure, I am simply passing on what I read from Autowatch themselves. It won't just stop, it will get to 10mph then roll to a stop.

I don't get how this is even legal. What if it's in the middle of a junction or a crossroads or something?
This is the point I made in my reply - it is not technically legal, in the UK, to modify anything in the electrics whilst a car is in motion. You are only permitted to make the starter circuit inoperative - note: starter, so you must allow the car to come to rest and then prevent a re-start. Unlike South Africa where you can do anything.
The question is: will Autowatch sell the full version or will the disable it for the UK.

From looking into it, it seems that they give 2 options - full immobilisation or start allowed but cannot shift out of park. Not sure if the stall option is included or not.

Anybody looked at Blackjax on an RS3? Know it's been around years as got it on the Cosworth, not sure if its been updated to work on newer cars.

OK, from the horse's mouth. Autowatch called me back today and said that the hijack facility on the new Ghost cannot be activated on an Audi. BM and Mercedes, yes, but Audi no. Even with a BMW or Mercedes, call first to see compatibility

Anyone interested in their hijack facility on an Audi, needs to purchase and have installed their dedicated unit with the name '211'. This is the module that measures a door opening and closing, then the distance for horn and indicators and a further distance for cut off. However this is not road legal in the EU and they cannot 'be seen' to install it, but they can sell it. The 211 is only for hijack, it will not perform the immobilisation that the Ghost does.

Reactions: Evil Diesel
Thanks Hal. Not sure I would bother with the additional module - I don't see jacking as a major threat around here just yet. The Ghost would kick in once the ignition goes off anyway.

Reactions: Tristan2
OK, from the horse's mouth. Autowatch called me back today and said that the hijack facility on the new Ghost cannot be activated on an Audi. BM and Mercedes, yes, but Audi no. Even with a BMW or Mercedes, call first to see compatibility

Anyone interested in their hijack facility on an Audi, needs to purchase and have installed their dedicated unit with the name '211'. This is the module that measures a door opening and closing, then the distance for horn and indicators and a further distance for cut off. However this is not road legal in the EU and they cannot 'be seen' to install it, but they can sell it. The 211 is only for hijack, it will not perform the immobilisation that the Ghost does.

Imagine that if it isn’t legal, two thieves get killed when the car stops in crossroads and you get locked up for manslaughter.... I can see it happening now.

Anybody looked at Blackjax on an RS3? Know it's been around years as got it on the Cosworth, not sure if its been updated to work on newer cars.

You can get it but I’ve been told avoid at all costs, old tech. You’d have to have a hardware keypad installed in the car to enter the code.

I am sure that the Daily Mail and the Express would be right in your corner though if you had managed to cleanse the genetic pool by removing a few of these thieving scum.

Thanks Hal. Not sure I would bother with the additional module - I don't see jacking as a major threat around here just yet. The Ghost would kick in once the ignition goes off anyway.
Car jacking is a major threat. Talking from experience. Don't be complacent.

Reactions: KKOG
Not sure he got anywhere with it. I might be abke to set something up in North West London if there is interest.

I will be getting mine done on 11 December provided Audi get the car out of Sheerness where it has taken root.

I can get them done in east London if anyone is interested

Did we ever get anywhere on this @AudiNutta

Nope, nobody was interested and as the post above there were offers elsewhere so I gave up.

Contacted the company and they agreed 5 people, £350 each and admin never got back to me. Also had a few people say “yeah but I can get it for less”, I didn’t decide the prices.

@apmcustoms are installers for AWG if anyone is up Chester way.

They are forum sponsors too.

Some scum failing to nick the car with the AWG fitted (stated & assumed) - I imagine they won't hang around for long if the theft is a fail to work out why.

Reactions: billymc92

Some scum failing to nick the car with the AWG fitted (stated & assumed) - I imagine they won't hang around for long if the theft is a fail to work out why.

Nice one, that’s what I like to see!!! Great to see some success and I’m amazed they gave up so soon.
What concerns me is how quick he got into the house, ****** hell.

Further to my earlier reply, apologies I was in a bad mood after my brakes started squealing.

I can still get a group buy, if 5 people want to approach me in PM’s and definitely want it (enough to put down a deposit), I can get you the immobiliser fitted for £350 with a non-standard bypass which only you will know where and how to get to in your own car, should it not work one day or you want to disable it for other reasons. But I will say I’m due to get mine fitted on Thursday, so hurry up guys as I was one of the numbers.

Am I right in thinking with th exception of me, I have the following people interested:
- @Tristan2
- @zaka7

Nice one, that’s what I like to see!!! Great to see some success and I’m amazed they gave up so soon.
What concerns me is how quick he got into the house, ****** hell.
I've said before they won't hang around if it won't start. Every second counts for them. Car might also just be broken for all they know.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I've said before they won't hang around if it won't start. Every second counts for them. Car might also just be broken for all they know.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Very true, they really did seem in a hurry.. even leaping from the front door!

It’s inevitable the word of this system will get around to thieves if it hasn’t already, but it all comes down to risk factor for them. Do they come and confront god knows who to get the code or go get the one a mile away....

Consider me Ghosted :lmfao:

Reactions: Ed_rx7
I want one! if not with you then where are people going? I contacted AWG and got nothing back! I can't get it done this week or next, the glass shattering on my car means a respray down one side of the car! so I won't have her for a bit :(

Google is your friend type in your area and see if there are is any mobile fitters near you mate that’s what I did

Google is your friend type in your area and see if there are is any mobile fitters near you mate that’s what I did
Was after recommendations buddy, Don't trust google reviews.

Reactions: Terminator x
I want one! if not with you then where are people going? I contacted AWG and got nothing back! I can't get it done this week or next, the glass shattering on my car means a respray down one side of the car! so I won't have her for a bit :(

fduk..... are audi sorting the respray for you?

fduk..... are audi sorting the respray for you?

I'm going direct to the body shop that Audi use mate, I may of managed to get it all being done under the Windscreen excess with my insurance!

I'm going direct to the body shop that Audi use mate, I may of managed to get it all being done under the Windscreen excess with my insurance!
not sure why that made a link to the actual body shop haha!

It enough people contact me I will do it, need two more.

It enough people contact me I will do it, need two more.

I've just called and booked mine in at Cambridge now mate, the discount you can get won't cover my fuel to Cardiff and back, so cheaper for me :)

Thanks

Had the AWG fitted yesterday - just out of interest, has anyone had the dealer query historic error codes on the car when it has gone back in? When you try to start the car without the code the VC lights up like a Christmas tree with errors and faults. Nearly shat my pants!

Just one other thing to look out for, the fitter (Ollie at London Car Alarms) did advise to be very clear to the dealer that this is fitted - he was called out on a Range Rover (which was in valet mode) where the dealer had virtually taken the car to pieces tracking down the errors before realising their f*ck up.

Had the AWG fitted yesterday - just out of interest, has anyone had the dealer query historic error codes on the car when it has gone back in? When you try to start the car without the code the VC lights up like a Christmas tree with errors and faults. Nearly shat my pants!

Spoke to the dealers and they are aware of the Ghost and the errors it can leave, no big deal they told me as more and more are having it fitted, some at the dealerships now as well, before a new car collection.

It will only flag up a drive train fault and that should clear on the next start up and shouldn’t stay in the memory...... mine didnt