Secondary decat question

Goubo1

Reaction score
I’ve seen a set of secondary cats for a pfl car like mine going very cheap....had a thought of buying them and gutting the cats

Am I right in thinking that it should give the same sound ?? but when comes service time no one would know and no warranty issues

I’ve seen a set of secondary cats for a pfl car like mine going very cheap....had a thought of buying them and gutting the cats

Am I right in thinking that it should give the same sound ?? but when comes service time no one would know and no warranty issues

I’d imagine it would sound exactly the same if not maybe hear a hollow note with the empty chamber? We had a 2.0TDI DPF gutted and welded back up, it sounded absolutely awful.. turbo whistle at idle was terrible, but that’s a much bigger chamber than the secondary cats.

Indeed it would make it harder to detect, but I wouldn’t go as far as saying difficult to find because from memory they don’t ‘hug’ into the chassis all that much and a fair size cut would be required?

I have a friend who didn’t buy the bypass pipes, but they just cut his cats out instead.

I’d imagine it would sound exactly the same if not maybe hear a hollow note with the empty chamber? We had a 2.0TDI DPF gutted and welded back up, it sounded absolutely awful.. turbo whistle at idle was terrible, but that’s a much bigger chamber than the secondary cats.

Indeed it would make it harder to detect, but I wouldn’t go as far as saying difficult to find because from memory they don’t ‘hug’ into the chassis all that much and a fair size cut would be required?

I have a friend who didn’t buy the bypass pipes, but they just cut his cats out instead.

Seen a video on YouTube

The guy just burst them out from the inside a bit of time and the correct tools would be easy

How does your mates sound same as the straight pipes ??

Seen a video on YouTube

The guy just burst them out from the inside a bit of time and the correct tools would be easy

How does your mates sound same as the straight pipes ??

You know what now you’ve linked that in, I can remember seeing that.

Now that would work and the likelihood of them taking the cats off would be slim, get your MOT done elsewhere.. sorted!

It sounded absolutely savage, they have to come out.. the car is a totally different animal without them. I was there the day it was done and wow, unbelievable... hilarious.

Just buy some decat pipes. Genuine Audi ones for £150 and 15 mins to fit. Sounds awesome in dynamic mode and quiet as a mouse in comfort.

Reactions: DW81