1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

second thoughts on seats

BeachGuy Jul 18, 2016

1. BeachGuy

BeachGuy Registered User

Hi all.
    Recently ordered a B9 Avant tdi 190 and choose standard seats instead of sport ones and i am having second thoughts about it!

I always had sporty cars with sporty seats and i was wondering if some of you could tel me what the driving feeling is with the standard ones? I have a dynamic driving style so should i change?

Suggestions? :)

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Colh

Colh Registered User

I've come from a Golf GTD to an Avant Ultra Sport, and the sport seats are much more roomy than the GTD. Not anywhere near as hugging/supportive. If you tend to chuck the car around, you'll need the sport seats as there is a bit of body roll on cornering.

I'd switch to sport seats given the choice.

BeachGuy likes this.
  4. Krusovice

Krusovice Registered User

The S-Line seats have electronic Lumbar as standard, not sure about the sport, for me this is critical for long journeys.
    My previous car was an E-Class estate, I had to have a cushion behind my lower back for long journeys.
    The A4 is miles more comfortable than the Merc, for this reason.
    The Merc had lumbar, it was a manual in-out, whereas the Audi has in-out and up-down, which means it should suit all sizes.

BeachGuy likes this.
  5. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

Aren't they just the same seat bases though, with extra padding. I seem to remember that being stated about the A3...

6. Colh

Colh Registered User

I didn't think the standard seats had the side bolsters. I might be wrong.

7. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

Side bolsters are just extra padding covered though, unlike racing seats there isn't any frame or moulding. I doubt if there is much between the standard or the sports...

8. BeachGuy

BeachGuy Registered User

well it seems it's too late anyway, order went through and they say i cannot make any changes which sounds very odd to me as with my Range i could change stuff till the date of production! a bit disappointed i must say.

Cheers

9. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

I would contact audi cs if I was you, usually you have a good few weeks to change things before the build is fixed..,

10. firebits

firebits A4 Avant Sport 1.4 TFSI

Tbh I find the seats really quite uncomfortable