Second Service

Urinbits

Reaction score
Had my 8V A3 TDI Saloon since mid October 2016 (bought new at the time) and it had its first oil change at 10,000 miles in February and now I'm up to almost 25,000 miles and the dash is counting down to another oil change (at 25,000 miles). However, when I got it serviced in February they told me that I'm good for another 20,000 miles so perhaps they re-configured the interval slightly incorrectly? What is the usual mileage for your 2nd oil change/service?

Depends on whether you are on fixed or flexible servicing.

By the sounds of it you're on a flexible service and the car has recalcuted that it's due after 15000 miles not 19000miles.

Even though a car is on a flexible service that's only up to a maximum 19000. If your car has not been used for a few weeks at a time or it's done quite a few sort journeys, the car will reduce the mileage until it's service.

This has happened to my car. I bought mine second hand last month with 8200 miles on clock with it saying a service was due in 1800miles (11000miles)

The car was registered 2nd Nov 2016. However the car was built start of July 2016 and left the factory on a flexible service, but because the car hadn't been used for 3/4 months as it was a demo car. The car recalcuted that it was due a lot sooner than the 19000miles.

We don't have a fixed or flexible service schedule in Ireland afaik. Hardly any short journeys in my car - always a good 45 minute trip or so and the longest it has sat unused has been for 3 days. So I should be fine waiting until the 30,000 mile mark before getting it serviced. Is there anything around this mileage mark other than the oil that is usually changed?

We don't have a fixed or flexible service schedule in Ireland afaik. Hardly any short journeys in my car - always a good 45 minute trip or so and the longest it has sat unused has been for 3 days. So I should be fine waiting until the 30,000 mile mark before getting it serviced. Is there anything around this mileage mark other than the oil that is usually changed?

Just checked Audi.ie and it states both fixed and flexible stating 15000km for fixed and up to 30000km for flexible.

However the only other reason I can think of is if the dealer on your first service set the next service at a set value which they can do. Are we talking about miles or kilometres here?

Only reason I ask is that the figure 15000 seems to tie in with the 15000km for a fixed service which would make 25000. There has been a previous thread somewhere about a owner who purchased a car that a mileage discrepancy. Turned out the dealer inputed Km instead of miles. Could be the oppersite with yourself.

Reactions: glospete
I converted to miles in my previous posts but in KMs my first mini-service was at 15,000 KMS and now I'm at 39,000 KM and my next oil change according to the dash is in 1,000KM. However the dealer at the time told me that it'd be another 30,000KMs before I had to bring it back.