seats

nally

MPG the new BPH
Reaction score
hello peeps

I am a complate novice when it comes to detaling ( was my car about every three weeks) i use turtle wax ice every time after use as its quick easy and no white marks.

I want to clean the inside of my wheels and i use theeel brushes and on the inside its stil very dirty can you help? i just use a cheap non acid wheel cleaner.

question two ( most important ) i clean my cloth interior and it is going slightly lighter ( grey ) on the sides ( sport seats) my dads two year old car also dose this ( much worse than my audi) and i am trying to find a product to make the sides darker agin ( idealy) in possible or help stop it getting worse ?

Cheers Mike

i use simoniz upolstery cleaner, bought from the rip off men dressed in orange and black but the only place i could find it near me,thats brought my seats back the darker shade grey, as the were a faded grey, almost like they were sun bleached or somthing, my theory is dirt dust and grime gets worked in to the seats and gives the appearance they are faded but a good clean should revive them, i tried alot of products and got by far the best result with this, just folow the instructions on the can, and as always test on a small patch first, and as for the insides of the wheels, i just sit with a bucket or warm water some alloy wheel cleaner and a brush, and a lot of good old elbow grease, the muck is abit stubborn due to the different types or muck, break dust, road dirt, tar, and god knows whatever elase you unwittingly drive over or through, just keep at it untill someone else can shed light on a special cleaner mate

Reactions: nally
There's loads of different fabric cleaners around and not everyone has got a wetvax!!!
I used to use Autoglym upholstery cleaner which was ok, with a damp sponge or microfibre cloth.

Unfortunately, there's not a cheap way to do an initial clean on alloys, without using an acidic cleaner. It's more of a process involving
different chemicals, which is initially a biggish cost unfortunately. You're better taking them off aswell, but once they're clean and protected properly, they are really easy to maintain and keep clean.

Also a hand held steamer will do a good job.. For wheel's use Bilbeery or IronX as these are both very safe.

Also a hand held steamer will do a good job.. For wheel's use Bilbeery or IronX as these are both very safe.[/QUOTE

I'm guessing he's looking for spray on product that's easy to use without the expense of buying relatively expensive tools.

The 2 products will get the wheels clean, but not spotless, if they've never been cleaned and protected properly.

I know this. But many people like nally are looking for a quick fix . With regards to using a wetvax and steam gun, these will last longer and outperform many interior products and will save money in the long run.

There's loads of different fabric cleaners around and not everyone has got a wetvax!!!
I used to use Autoglym upholstery cleaner which was ok, with a damp sponge or microfibre cloth.

Unfortunately, there's not a cheap way to do an initial clean on alloys, without using an acidic cleaner. It's more of a process involving
different chemicals, which is initially a biggish cost unfortunately. You're better taking them off aswell, but once they're clean and protected properly, they are really easy to maintain and keep clean.

thats was the next though to take em off to get the best clean. just need to decide on what type of product i should go for

I know this. But many people like nally are looking for a quick fix . With regards to using a wetvax and steam gun, these will last longer and outperform many interior products and will save money in the long run.

i will happily invest in a steam gun or wet vax ( ebay )

i just wanted to know if the seat product can darken the seats again i dont think its dirt. so if i am aggrasive in the valleting i am worried about if faiding more ( hardly noticable at the monent)

as for the wheels most the ( store pruchased stuff is lower in its acidity isnt it like less affective but idiot proof ) just wondered if its all smoke and millors. i have always used muck off but its not brilliant ( but verry safe)

Thanks Nally

Billberry and IronX are both 100% safe.

sweel are you them member who has all the step by steps on rs3? golf gti mk2

got my bilburry ordered cheers peeps ill update when i next wash me car next week.

now looking at autosmart g101. to use with hand sprayer dont trust myselft with the jet wash. it seems to be a popular brand. any thoughts / advice ?

the only way to clean cloth seats properly is with a wetvac.

G101 is a great product. Its quite strong so use it carefully

cheers peeps need to spart upgrading my detaling gear. i clean all our cars so its going to get used. in reg to seats i dont mean clean they have been steamed i mean getting the cloth darker again. my dada cars quite new and its really faided. can scotchguard help ?

as for the bilburry cant wait to take delivery and going to order my g101 tonight yeah
next is good wheel gell, and seat proector/ darkener

The product is a must for your cleaning kit..

Just rember to take your time. Your first major clean will take a few day's.. The Golf gti we done had taken us 2 weeks. Which inc a service, fault logging, wheel refurb, all new disc's and pad's full carpet and seat clean, engine bay detail and paint correction..

With cleaning any car it should be a joy not a chore God luck

cheers whats the bets way to use g101. i.e touchless/ two bucket

thats perfect for my wheels, what about somthing bigger for the g101 ?

whats a good snow foam that dosnt cost the earth.