Seatbelt warning light

• Thread starter imported_Adambsmith
  • Start date
I

imported_Adambsmith

Should the seatbelt warning light illuminate upon start up on our Audi A3 2.0 Tdi 04 plate, assuming we've not buckled up? Never noticed before but there is a symbol on the dash amongst all the other warning lights but it never illuminates /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

if you look closely under certain lighting (eg bright sunlight) you will see a whole host of "other warning symbols" etched into the rev counter, speedo clocks etc.
Whether they light up or not will depend on what market you're in, and what options you've got. No car manufacturer is going to specify a different speedo/rev counter for each.
For example on my previous car, Passat, i had a "tow bar electrics" warning light space, but i never saw it illuminate as a check, since i didn't have tow bar & electrics fitted.

I am in the UK, the A3 is standard spec (Sport) with the only options being different alloys, black headlining and "ambient" interior lighting. I can appreciate your point about the towbar light but I'd have thought the seatbelt warning light was standard across the range in the UK?

Does your seatbelt light illuminate?

mine too and a warning bleep if you don't belt up

dont you just hate warning bleeps but at least its not a talking car

Don't think mine has ever shown a seatbelt light, and definitely not a bleep to tell me (thank god!). never drive without wearing one anyway, but I guess it would show when the engine's running and not 'belted'.

The light should go on (if equipped) when you start the car, and mine chimes when you pull away if either or both the front passenger/driver isn't wearing their belt, I had to tell my Dad to put his on the other day just to stop the infernal bonging!

You also get a beep if the handbrake isnt fully down. A warning comes up 'handbrake still applied' on the DIS when you drive away. (not related to the seatbelt issue but thought i'd mention it!)

No warning light or beep on my A3 - delivered 27 July 2004. Everything else is 2005 spec OK.

[ QUOTE ]
David Robinson said:
No warning light or beep on my A3 - delivered 27 July 2004. Everything else is 2005 spec OK.

[/ QUOTE ]

as I thought, a recent change /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
slimbloke said:
yeah, I get that one... same beep as "REFUEL" I think, which I seem to get often, he-he.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too true!..

I managed to get 315 miles out of a tank..thats about the limit!.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too true!..

I managed to get 315 miles out of a tank..thats about the limit!.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you should have got a diesel... 500 miles +

500+ miles???

Granted mine is a week old and not 3/4s of a way down its first tank of diesel, but what am I doing wrong as it doesnt look like having more than 470 miles from the first tank?! :S

If you're used to burning unleaded, then you might be keeping your revs higher than necessary... you can run a diesel with fairly low revs effectively, and that keeps the econ. on track... also if you're doing lots of short runs, that won't help either!... and at this time of year where you'll probably be using a lot of heating in your car, that will reduce the consumption as well! But I saw someone else on this Forum who mananaged to get nearly 600 miles out of 1 tank, so can be done!

Mine's doing 550 on a tank of diesel, but I am going cautious for the first 1000 miles ! (but I'll have done that tonight)

Aah I see, well the past week has been me going to and from the hospital all day long as my little boy was in there for a while, so I guess that and the fact that I am used to petrol cars has meant my milage has taken a tumble.

Whilst running it in I have gone easy, although i have put my foot down slightly on occassions, as it is hard to keep the revs low when you only have 4500 to play with!

615 miles on my last tank, with 10 to spare before filling up! Although it was a rather fast drive to leeds and back, with lots of motorway driving as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yeah, was between 70 - 100 most of the way down. Best consumption Ive had yet, but Im noticing its a lot better now Ive done a few thousand miles. This is in a 1.9TDi

[ QUOTE ]
The911SC said:
And I dont get any kind of seat belt warning on my A3?.. Dont know why?

[/ QUOTE ]
neither do i

It's a 2005-model addition. Gets more points in Euro NCAP. I'm happy to not have it, I thought it was irritating when I test drove some cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

- Yak

I activated the seat belt light on using some vag com codes .
When I start the engine the light comes on but goes off immediatley.
I dont get a chime but maybe I need to enter another code for the chime?

my 2004 (05 MY) TDI Sport had the light on dash but it never lit up - i got a courtesy car 1.6 Sport - new grill think it was a 55 plate (06MY) and the seatbelt light lit up in that - so i think its something that change around 06MY sometime.

mine has a seatbelt light and beeper if i don't put it on

its a 11/05 car

i recently got my car valeted the day i got it back when i put the key in the ignition the light cums on the dash so i put my belt on however when im driving alone it stays on with no one in th epassenger ne 1 les witht e same problem or know how to fix plz help

I would say that the sensor in the seat may be broken. i.e. it thinks someone is sat there when they're not. Try connecting the seatbelt to see if the warning goes away.

Mine only works on the driver side, not the passenger (56).